Thoughts on Food

If you want great STEAK STK is amazing … and you’ll pay for it.
the Yachtsman is really good to

But really there are some many great places to eat… the first question is where are you staying. Then go from there

We love Skipper's at MK, but it might not be right for a picky eater. We tried the Plaza on our last trip and were not impressed. Skip that one. I know everyone seems to love LTT and I'm sure it's good, but I just can't wrap my head around eating Thanksgiving dinner and then traipsing around a theme park. But maybe if you were going to end your day with it? I don't know. For us, if we aren't doing Skipper it's just QS or head to a resort or Disney Springs. I see you plan on going to Steakhouse 71 one day and that's a fantastic choice. Highly recommend!

Yak and Yeti is another fantastic restaurant. We've only eaten there once but the food and service were excellent and the prices are reasonable - for Disney. As a comparison, we ate at Tiffins that same trip and while the food was really good, the service was not great. We all agreed we'd rather go to Yak and Yeti for about half the price of Tiffins in the future.

HBD is good, but very expensive. I'd recommend taking a look at the menus and seeing if you think it will be worth the price for your daughters. You are just a short walk to the Swan / Dolphin which have a lot of great restaurants, or hop on the Skyliner or Friendship Boat and take the short walk to the Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club - the food is pretty good, and the kids will love it. Plus, ice cream!!

I've never eaten at Docking Bay 7, so can't comment on that, though the reviews I've seen aren't all that great. For HS QS, we usually just stick with Backlot Express. It's not fancy, just basic theme park food, but we've always found it to be well executed and there is tons of seating. Never had a bad meal there.

Grazing the food booths at Epcot is great choice. We almost always do that. Though we do love the pizza at Via Napoli, or if you are wanting a great steak (albeit at a high price), Le Cellier never disappoints.

I mentioned Disney Springs above, but just wanted to give it a shout out again. Raglan Road, Homecomin', Wine Bar George, Boathouse, Jock Lindsey's - I could go on and on. There are so many great options, I can't imagine a trip to WDW and not heading there at least once (or twice, or three times :goodvibes )

EPCOT kiosks are good...frankly Food and Wine has the most food options, then Flower and Garden, then Festival of the Holidays and Festival of the Arts lesser number of options.

I always make it a point to go to Hollywood Brown Derby every trip..I just love the ambience, even though can be a bit pricey.

If at MK, I like Skippers Canteen, but tend to leave for sit down....I like Grand Floridian Cafe, Steak House 71, Geyser Point at the WL is also worth the boat ride.

At AK, I would go to Yak and Yeti, but sometimes annoyed at how dark it is in there.

Have a great time!

Thank you all so much for your input! I was able to do my reservations yesterday and got everything! After reading all your comments I did add Sci-Fi on to HS. We are staying at WL so we will be hitting up Geyser Point while we are there. Again, thank you all for your thoughts!

June will be our 3rd trip to WDW, but we have really never ate at and TS meals. The first two times we were with in-laws and they preferred not to, but we will be going as just a family of four this time. We did do Tony's & Crystal palace in '21. I have been reading reviews on restaurants, but they seem to be all over the place. We were going to do 1 TS meal each day for dinner ( DH is not a big lunch eater) except Epcot, because we thought we would graze on the little booths food ( we have never done this either). We will be there 6 days. I will say YDD is VERY picky and prefers meat and veggies. I am not sure about paying for a buffet as ODD is 11 but doesn't even weight 50 lbs, so she would never eat an adult portion. What are your thoughts on the places below. Any recommendations? I am still trying to figure out a good MK meal for our first day. Thank you for your thoughts.

MK- ?
HS- Brown Derby
Epcot- none
AK- Yak & Yedi
Hs - ( Docking Bay 7 - I know its not a TS but the kids really want to eat here)
MK- Steakhouse 71
All the comments have been great so I don’t have a lot to add. I am very passionate about 50’s Prime Time Cafe and will always choose this restaurant over all other HS TS restaurants. The food is fantastic. The theme is just super fun and the wait staff really play the part well. The pot roast is to die for. Best I have ever had in my life. You will not be disappointed in the food. It was one of the few meals where the kids cleaned their plates if that helps. Enjoy. Sounds like it’s going to be great!!

June will be our 3rd trip to WDW, but we have really never ate at and TS meals. The first two times we were with in-laws and they preferred not to, but we will be going as just a family of four this time. We did do Tony's & Crystal palace in '21. I have been reading reviews on restaurants, but they seem to be all over the place. We were going to do 1 TS meal each day for dinner ( DH is not a big lunch eater) except Epcot, because we thought we would graze on the little booths food ( we have never done this either). We will be there 6 days. I will say YDD is VERY picky and prefers meat and veggies. I am not sure about paying for a buffet as ODD is 11 but doesn't even weight 50 lbs, so she would never eat an adult portion. What are your thoughts on the places below. Any recommendations? I am still trying to figure out a good MK meal for our first day. Thank you for your thoughts.

MK- ?
HS- Brown Derby
Epcot- none
AK- Yak & Yedi
Hs - ( Docking Bay 7 - I know its not a TS but the kids really want to eat here)
MK- Steakhouse 71
My go to response is always try a place you haven't been to before. Good luck:flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter