Thoughts on Lowball Offer

I feel like a jerk but I think we are going to back out of our poly contract and try for a 175 SSR 😭 we are going to talk about it on my lunch break in an hour so we will see

I feel like a jerk but I think we are going to back out of our poly contract and try for a 175 SSR 😭 we are going to talk about it on my lunch break in an hour so we will see

Don’t feel bad, I had a buyer back out of my BWV a few months back.

Gotta do what makes sense for you, It is too much money to not be happy!

Don’t feel bad, I had a buyer back out of my BWV a few months back.

Gotta do what makes sense for you, It is too much money to not be happy!
Yeah I wouldnt feel bad. Usually after you make an offer a day or 2 after u find your true feelings on how u feel about it. Its why I'm really hesitant and usually miss good deals because i can't decide lol

Could you rent a car cheaper? We always drive down so we have our car
Yeah the plan would be rent a car cheap and take it to most of the parks but for MK a rental car is miserable with a stroller. We’d do a mix of Buses and Minnie Vans.

Yeah the plan would be rent a car cheap and take it to most of the parks but for MK a rental car is miserable with a stroller. We’d do a mix of Buses and Minnie Vans.
When we go to MK we pay for valet at Contemporary and walk from there. It’s cheaper than the Minnie van

I'm surprised SSR isn't more popular to stay at instead of just being SAP. We booked a trip for thanksgiving there this year, hopefully we can go lol. The Newly renovated studios look great! Very Riviera like!

Yes, we have loved SSR for years, but the refurb definitely put it over the top for us. My kids are older and we need those separate beds!!

The only other resort that tempts me to splurge on would be Beach Club because it truly is one that if you want to stay there, you better own there. But it is still sleeps 4 with just a sleeper sofa.

If I knew that their next refurb would be like SSR with that extra bed, I would put that one back on my list. ::yes::

The only other resort that tempts me to splurge on would be Beach Club because it truly is one that if you want to stay there, you better own there. But it is still sleeps 4 with just a sleeper sofa.

I would really love to own at Beach Club, because I love both the lazy river and the location to Epcot. But the price per point for a resort ending in 2042 is just too much for me. If it lowers...

As we plan for an OKW purchase we are pricing in the need to rent a car for AK/DHS/EP and take Minnie Vans to MK, at least until our kids are old enough for regular Uber. It's a huge cost consideration that's brought AKV or BWV a lot closer in total cost of ownership than I initially expected.

I always recommend Alamo Car Care Center near MK. I make a reservation the minute we book our villa and then stalk the site daily until I hit rock bottom for an SUV for around $200+ week including taxes. When I find a lower price, I make that reservation and then go back and cancel the earlier one. Rinse and repeat until you get car cheapdom!

We take ME to our resort and then call ACCC from the resort. They pick you up for free and bring you to your car. Small location so wait times are quick. You drop the car off and they will drop you anywhere on property. It takes about the same time as the airport but low stress! :cool1:

Do you think it’s possible to get it at 80-85 a point?
I'd try a offer or 2 at 80 and see what they say. It really doesn't hurt :) Once u start higher you cant go down but if u start $5 lower u can come back up :) Usually ur first offer will tell you if they are willing to negotiate. So if its listed at $100 a point try $80 a point and hope they counter at 95 then try $85 a point and see if they counter at $90. Some sellers will negotiate some wont. I will say, there are a lot of SSR contracts around. So some may be willing to come down.

Yes, we have loved SSR for years, but the refurb definitely put it over the top for us. My kids are older and we need those separate beds!!

If I knew that their next refurb would be like SSR with that extra bed, I would put that one back on my list. ::yes::
Oh, what the heck...it's only money! :rolleyes1

We closed on a SSR 160 point contract a couple weeks ago, and offered $15 less than they were asking and we ended up in the middle with $100 a point. This was the perfect use year and price point was less than we thought in the first place so we are excited with what we got. if we would have known what was ahead of us we could of probably found something a little better price wise, but we have no regrets in our purchase.

Lots of new fidelity listings this morning. I found an Oct AKV (October is my unicorn) but it is listed for ONLY 38K - hey @ABE4DISNEY didn't you say something about having a ''cash drawer" last week?? Just kidding, DH would make me sell my car first!! o_O Someday, I'll find my Oct unicorn!

I found an Oct AKV (October is my unicorn)

Mine seems to be September CCV (or Sep AKV)!
I realize if I’m patient, there will likely belistings closer to year end, but I don’t claim patience. ;-)

I did contact DVC Direct Sales and was told that they are closed until further notice and could not give any insight as to when they might reopen.

I realize if I’m patient, there will likely belistings closer to year end, but I don’t claim patience. ;-)

I did contact DVC Direct Sales and was told that they are closed until further notice and could not give any insight as to when they might reopen.
Okay, we'll put some positive energy out to the universe for a Sept CCV and/or AKV and an Oct OKW (2057 if not too much to ask) and AKV!! Oh, and loaded with points at a steal... Patience is not one of my strong points either LOL! :love:

Lots of new fidelity listings this morning. I found an Oct AKV (October is my unicorn) but it is listed for ONLY 38K - hey @ABE4DISNEY didn't you say something about having a ''cash drawer" last week?? Just kidding, DH would make me sell my car first!! o_O Someday, I'll find my Oct unicorn!

LOL--I said, "Money burning a hole in my pocket" and, unfortunately, that pocket is small!!! :rotfl:

There was a loaded (more than double points for 2020) Sep AKV 160pt contract listed at $111 yesterday morning that switched to "offer accepted" within hours. 🤯

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter