Thoughts on Lowball Offer

One other thought to consider, if you feel that you can manage the extra in MF fees each year and slightly higher initial cost, is to look for a slight larger contract that you can lowball. For example, a 100-point contract at $120/point is $12,000. But a 125-point contract at $98/point is only $12,250. Even if you got a 150-point contract at $90/point, you're only looking at $1500 more on the purchase price, and then you get 150 points instead of 100.

You bring up a good point. I've just been working in the mentality of 100 points or under as that's what my SO agreed to.. however, I handle the finances and we can easily swing higher for MF each year and be fine. Ideally, we had hopes to get two under 125 point contracts, one at SSR and one at AKL. However, he may compromise for one or a single larger contract. We like to do split stays and invite family and friends based on places or things they enjoy. We don't get a lot of vacation time so we tend to sink all our extra time in at Disney :rotfl2:

We just put in an offer of $95 on a stripped December AKL contract. They had it listed over $115. My fiance doesn't think they'll accept but I said the worst they can do is say no. Over $115 pp for a contract you can't really touch until 2022 seems.. expensive for AKL. But that's just me. :charac2:
Let me know how it goes! We’re planning to buy in the next few months and would love to get AKV for $90-ish/point.

You bring up a good point. I've just been working in the mentality of 100 points or under as that's what my SO agreed to.. however, I handle the finances and we can easily swing higher for MF each year and be fine. Ideally, we had hopes to get two under 125 point contracts, one at SSR and one at AKL. However, he may compromise for one or a single larger contract. We like to do split stays and invite family and friends based on places or things they enjoy. We don't get a lot of vacation time so we tend to sink all our extra time in at Disney :rotfl2:
Exactly! I've found so far that sellers are more willing to negotiate on contracts of 125+ points, because small contracts are in such demand, and thus you can sometimes get 25-50 more points at about the cost you'd pay for that smaller contract.

We just put in an offer of $95 on a stripped December AKL contract. They had it listed over $115. My fiance doesn't think they'll accept but I said the worst they can do is say no. Over $115 pp for a contract you can't really touch until 2022 seems.. expensive for AKL. But that's just me. :charac2:
How did it go? Did they accept? We’re planning to buy in the next few months and would love to get AKV for $90-ish/point.

Last edited:
That's incorrect. Here's a section of the Florida Statute Chapter 475 that covers transaction brokers (which almost all agents operate under for timeshare sales:

"475.278 Authorized brokerage relationships; presumption of transaction brokerage; required disclosures.—
(1) BROKERAGE RELATIONSHIPS.—
(a) Authorized brokerage relationships.—A real estate licensee in this state may enter into a brokerage relationship as either a transaction broker or as a single agent with potential buyers and sellers. A real estate licensee may not operate as a disclosed or nondisclosed dual agent. As used in this section, the term “dual agent” means a broker who represents as a fiduciary both the prospective buyer and the prospective seller in a real estate transaction. This part does not prevent a licensee from changing from one brokerage relationship to the other as long as the buyer or the seller, or both, gives consent as required by subparagraph (3)(c)2. before the change and the appropriate disclosure of duties as provided in this part is made to the buyer or seller. This part does not require a customer to enter into a brokerage relationship with any real estate licensee.
(b) Presumption of transaction brokerage.—It shall be presumed that all licensees are operating as transaction brokers unless a single agent or no brokerage relationship is established, in writing, with a customer.
(2) TRANSACTION BROKER RELATIONSHIP.—A transaction broker provides a limited form of representation to a buyer, a seller, or both in a real estate transaction but does not represent either in a fiduciary capacity or as a single agent. The duties of the real estate licensee in this limited form of representation include the following:
(a) Dealing honestly and fairly;
(b) Accounting for all funds;
(c) Using skill, care, and diligence in the transaction;
(d) Disclosing all known facts that materially affect the value of residential real property and are not readily observable to the buyer;
(e) Presenting all offers and counteroffers in a timely manner, unless a party has previously directed the licensee otherwise in writing;
(f) Limited confidentiality, unless waived in writing by a party. This limited confidentiality will prevent disclosure that the seller will accept a price less than the asking or listed price, that the buyer will pay a price greater than the price submitted in a written offer, of the motivation of any party for selling or buying property, that a seller or buyer will agree to financing terms other than those offered, or of any other information requested by a party to remain confidential; and
(g) Any additional duties that are mutually agreed to with a party."

I did not now that. That is good to know!

In happier news, I may have found a SSR that fits my needs. However, it has a delayed closing.. until later this year.. like winter this year. Has anyone here dealt with 6+ delayed closing and possible issues? I love all the thoughts you guys have :worship:

Oh. Not well. They countered offer at $113. For a stripped December Use Year.. and me paying dues... on points I wouldn't get. Interesting toss in to the counter offer. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
So, either the seller is delusional or was so offended by your lowball offer that they countered with a ridiculous counter 🤣

In happier news, I may have found a SSR that fits my needs. However, it has a delayed closing.. until later this year.. like winter this year. Has anyone here dealt with 6+ delayed closing and possible issues? I love all the thoughts you guys have :worship:
I had a contract last year made in July which didn't not close until February. No problems and the broker and closing company stayed on top of it and sent closing documents at appropriate time.

I had a contract last year made in July which didn't not close until February. No problems and the broker and closing company stayed on top of it and sent closing documents at appropriate time.
Thanks! I ended up putting a pretty low ball offer due to the stripped points and delayed closing. I figure they'll come back with a counter. They're asking over $135 for SSR! let's see what they think of my below $90 offer. :rolleyes1

Thanks! I ended up putting a pretty low ball offer due to the stripped points and delayed closing. I figure they'll come back with a counter. They're asking over $135 for SSR! let's see what they think of my below $90 offer. :rolleyes1
Over $135/point?! What planet are they on? ;-) I just got $95/point for a 100 point almost loaded contract that is currently awaiting ROFR, and I know several on these boards have gotten lower than that!

I think the only issue with a very delayed closing right now is you are gambling about what the prices will be like by the time it closes. Will you still be happy to pay what looks like a reasonable rate today if the price has dropped significantly by the time it closes? There is obviously no guarantee that prices will go down, but all signs point in that direction. I personally would not agree to a delayed closing unless it was a very impressive discount, but YMMV!

I think the only issue with a very delayed closing right now is you are gambling about what the prices will be like by the time it closes. Will you still be happy to pay what looks like a reasonable rate today if the price has dropped significantly by the time it closes? There is obviously no guarantee that prices will go down, but all signs point in that direction. I personally would not agree to a delayed closing unless it was a very impressive discount, but YMMV!
I ended up offering $85 on 65 points, for a December Use Year. If they end up accepting it, I'd be quite fine with the pricing as it's only 65 points. I highly doubt they're going to accept though, seeing that they're original listing price is only 10k after closing. o_O

Okay, sadly, it looks like my unicorn AKL may never pop up but our second thoughts were for SSR. I found one that fits what I want point wise and use year (Under 100 points, December UY) but it's set as one of those small contacts, seller will only accept full asking/closing cost. The contract has been floating around since late February/early March and I definitely think it's overpriced.

Do you think that type of note prevents people from low-balling? Does the broker have to present a low-ball offer that's below asking if the seller has that note? Thoughts. Give me your thoughts! Please? :D

I would say I was in this exact same boat with a small AKV contract. It was up for over a month so I sent in an offer saying that I acknowledge the sellers are not looking to negotiate but (IMO) the contract is overpriced so if they do decide to be flexible, here is what my offer would be. I got a reply right away from the broker saying that they agreed the contract was overpriced but they they are obligated to post it at what the seller decides and that they would present my offer anyways. I got a reply less than an hour later that the seller accepted my offer!

Is a $85 a point for BRV 150 pt contract too low of an offer? contract will receive points this year.

I got a text this morning that an AKV 120pt contract was available. By the time I saw the text and called to make an offer it was gone.
listed at $114 per point and sold at asking price
It had almost all of the 2020 points.

It was an October use year which I know a few people besides myself have been looking for.

I got a text this morning that an AKV 120pt contract was available. By the time I saw the text and called to make an offer it was gone.
listed at $114 per point and sold at asking price
It had almost all of the 2020 points.

It was an October use year which I know a few people besides myself have been looking for.
Fingers crossed one of our friends from the boards got it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter