Thoughts on Lowball Offer

We just put in an offer of $95 on a stripped December AKL contract. They had it listed over $115. My fiance doesn't think they'll accept but I said the worst they can do is say no. Over $115 pp for a contract you can't really touch until 2022 seems.. expensive for AKL. But that's just me. :charac2:
That is expensive! I have an offer at 92 on one with 2021 points and they countered at 96! We declined but 115 is way over priced

I put in a $75 offer on a fully loaded 60 point OKW contract and I thought I was crazy 😂 But boredom won and i figured why not.

Just do it, you never know 🤷🏽‍♀️

Yes, I think it is the boredom! :fish:Just sitting here with the money burning a hole in my pocket.

Well, I made an offer in the lower 80's for a $100pp SSR and the counter was mid-90's. That's where they are all sticking right now. I've attempted 3 in the last two weeks. This one was truly a lowball; the other two were fair and had multiple offers so we didn't get those either. But I think the market has shifted lower since then...hence, the lowball today.

Alright, I took my turn. Someone else? Batter up??? popcorn::

Good luck on your OKW contract; that's my fav resort!! I would love to see you break that barrier!

Good try, but better deals are on the horizon. There must be a 100-200 SSR on the resale market and I can't believe ALL those contracts are getting offers - not happening. I've noticed more owners splitting or covering closing costs or MF's for 2020. Maybe offer a bit more and ask for a closing deal on your next try?

Maybe offer a bit more and ask for a closing deal on your next try?

I tried that on one of the earlier ones and it was still smacked down. But thanks for reminding me of it because I didn't even think about that today. I will put it back in my tool belt. :thumbsup2

I have an offer in for Aulani @65pp for like 120 point stripped until 2021. Never hurts to try assuming the brokers actually present the offer.

nice! I wanna low ball a AUL contract too. Trying to wait for the right one. Keep us posted

I have an offer in for Aulani @65pp for like 120 point stripped until 2021. Never hurts to try assuming the brokers actually present the offer.

WOW! I’m dying to see how this goes. I was considering $80pp but thought that would get rejected. This gives me hope that maybe I can buy in for an one bedroom instead of a studio stay. Good luck and let us know!

We’ve also been lowballing on SSR, offers ranging from $75-80 per point. Some have countered low 90s, some point blank refused to go below $100 which I think is crazy. How the sellers can think they can get the same price as 2 months ago with all that is going on right now with closures, decreased borrowing rights, availability issues etc. I think they are delusional about maintaining Jan / Feb highs.

Personally we have time to wait, don’t need to compromise too much right now. But sounds like a lot of us are offering at similar prices so hopefully sellers will start to take notice!

We’ve also been lowballing on SSR, offers ranging from $75-80 per point. Some have countered low 90s, some point blank refused to go below $100 which I think is crazy. How the sellers can think they can get the same price as 2 months ago with all that is going on right now with closures, decreased borrowing rights, availability issues etc. I think they are delusional about maintaining Jan / Feb highs.

Personally we have time to wait, don’t need to compromise too much right now. But sounds like a lot of us are offering at similar prices so hopefully sellers will start to take notice!
I got SSR at just below $89/Pt on Feb.
Published data from this site showed DVC exercising ROFR at $85 in Feb. I'd check the data for March, and use that as a guide......

Published data from this site showed DVC exercising ROFR at $85 in Feb. I'd check the data for March, and use that as a guide......

Where can you find that data? We have also like Laurajane been lowballing on SSR - $75 p/p on stripped contracts with only 2021 points available.

Where can you find that data? We have also like Laurajane been lowballing on SSR - $75 p/p on stripped contracts with only 2021 points available.
ROFR data is posted monthly on these boards.

I think the difficulty is that so much has changed since early March when these were likely ROFR'd. Take for example Feb AK being up at $102 when we know contracts are getting through ROFR in the low 90s now, same with OKW feb was at $100 and we know of a contract getting through at $75 (a 60 point contract no less!) so we know they are going through substantially lower than back in Feb. Hence I think right now $75-$80 stands a good chance of getting through. That being said we personally aren't in a rush to buy so happy to take our chances with ROFR, I can understand why others would be more willing to pay higher to have an easier path through ROFR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter