Thoughts on Lowball Offer

That didn't take long. They countered at 142 buyer pays everything. I guess some people might pay that but not this guy in this image when we have confirmed sales at 120 to 135 over on ROFR thread.

*Edited For Fat Fingers* Counter was 142 not 242.

Last edited:
That didn't take long. They countered at 242 buyer pays everything. I guess some people might pay that but not this guy in this image when we have confirmed sales at 120 to 135 over on ROFR thread.
Did you mean countered at $142 -- like I mentioned on other thread, with seller paying MF & closing, that's saving you ~$12/PT, yielding $130/PP vs $142

That didn't take long. They countered at 242 buyer pays everything. I guess some people might pay that but not this guy in this image when we have confirmed sales at 120 to 135 over on ROFR thread.

Keep trying, Eventually you will find an owner whose idea of a fair price and yours is the same!

Did you mean countered at $142 -- like I mentioned on other thread, with seller paying MF & closing, that's saving you ~$12/PT, yielding $130/PP vs $142
Yikes...fat fingers. Yeah 142 not 242. Lol. And no they wanted 142 and BUYER pays.

They actually came back with a much lower offer later in the day, not far off my "insulting" one when I didn't respond, so clearly regretted the decision to try and piss me off.

And did you come to a deal or were you to pissed to continue ?

So I offered $125 for VGF which was declined with no counter. So, I came up to $135, and it was also declined with no counter. It's only been on the market for 2 weeks, so they may still be holding out for more.

The stunner for me was an offer for SSR. I offered $88, and they countered at $97. I don't really consider $88 a lowball offer. Seemed pretty fair to me.

So I offered $125 for VGF which was declined with no counter. So, I came up to $135, and it was also declined with no counter. It's only been on the market for 2 weeks, so they may still be holding out for more.

The stunner for me was an offer for SSR. I offered $88, and they countered at $97. I don't really consider $88 a lowball offer. Seemed pretty fair to me.
I offered 83 pp and got countered at 88 and accepted that on SSR. 200 pt contract with full points for 2020 on

Argh. I found an even better contract and offered accordingly a little bit more than the last one. Immediate response that it sold minutes earlier. The broker told me the per point price it sold for and it wasn't off my offer by much at all. The search continues!

Is it also true that if I have 2 contracts at the same resort different use years they can be combined at 11 months?

No, they are separate membership id’s, separate accounts when different UYs.

I thought the same as you originally, but learn the hard way, now that I have 2 contracts at same resort, different UYs.

You can’t even combine points unless you do a points transfer.

Great3

Last edited:
No, they are separate membership id’s, separate accounts when different UYs.

I thought the same as you originally, but learn the hard way, now that I have 2 contracts at same resort, different UYs.

You can’t even combine points unless you do a points transfer.

Great3
Somehow the broker thinks that is totally no problem lol Well Now I know they are deceptive and won't be doing business with them. DVC Shop Resales that is.

Somehow the broker thinks that is totally no problem lol Well Now I know they are deceptive and won't be doing business with them. DVC Shop Resales that is.

I wouldn’t rule them out completely, especially if they have the perfect contract with the right price for sell. As long as the broker is reputable well known one.

I just take it as a buyer, I must be aware and educate myself and don’t listen to what the broker has to say. After all, they are salesman also, and their lips are moving.

Great3

We found a contract for CCV that was listed at $150 with no points for 2020, and only 84 for 2021, dues paid, and couldn't close until September. We made an offer of $135. They countered at $145 because they had just decided to cancel their trip and now there are 74 pts available for 2020 and 100 for 2021. The calculator said it was worth $148 pp.

Last edited:
My wife and I just signed the contract for an AKV 100 point contract for $95 a point with no dues until 2021. I'm sure it may go lower in the future, but we were super happy with that price, especially in that point range. It's our first DVC purchase so and we really wanted to start with a nice, round 100 point contract. We initially came in very low around $80 a point and the initial contract was listed at $110.

We found a contract for CCV that was listed at $150 with no points for 2020, and only 84 for 2021, dues paid, and couldn't close until September. We made an offer of $135. They countered at $145 because they had just decided to cancel their trip and now there are 74 pts available for 2020 and 100 for 2021. The calculator said it was worth $148 pp.
I plugged mine in and the estimate worth was $97 pp so I’m pretty happy getting it for 88 pp

I have 2 use years for the same resort. I tend to use my contracts separately, but have been tempted to transfer points around and use together a couple times. One nice thing of 2 use years/memberships, you can get 2 waitlists per membership. So instead of 2, you can get 4 total (2 for each membership). Depends how you want to use them. I would not rule out a contract based on UY. I am hoping to see Boardwalk to come down a bit more (looking around $100 per point), and will buy pretty much any use year to own there.

My wife and I just signed the contract for an AKV 100 point contract for $95 a point with no dues until 2021. I'm sure it may go lower in the future, but we were super happy with that price, especially in that point range. It's our first DVC purchase so and we really wanted to start with a nice, round 100 point contract. We initially came in very low around $80 a point and the initial contract was listed at $110.

Thanks for that data point. I'm also looking at a small AKV contract that is listed at $110. Just out of curiosity, what use year did you get, and was the contract loaded, stripped or somewhere in between?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter