Thoughts on my dining choices

Mrspeaks

DIS Veteran
We are booked with free regular dining plan for 7 nights. We had free dining last year and felt like a table service a day was often too much food. This year I've thought about using some credits on 2 credit table service meals where last year I paid out of pocket. Is it a "waste" of a credit to use 2 TS credits? Character dining is important to us - we are two adults and 2 daughter - 5 and 3 at travel.

Arrival day - lunch as we drive in. Dinner - Mickey's backyard BBQ (2 TS credits)
Animal kingdom day - lunch Tusker house (1 TS credit). Dinner - quick service, maybe split flame tree
Rest day - breakfast/lunch - guick service POR. Dinner - O'hana (1 TS credit)
Magic kingdom - PPO if possible Be Our Guest breakfast. Lunch/snack - quick service. Dinner - Cinderella's Royal Table (2 credits)
Hollywood Studions - lunch - 50's Prime Time (1 TS credit). Dinner - Sci-fi- pay out of pocket, split burgers and shakes
Magic Kingdom - quick service meals
Rest day - quick service meals/ maybe Disney Springs

They look good to me. Since it is free dining, I wouldn't worry about whether or not it's a 'waste' to do 2 credit meals. Eat how you want and don't stuff yourself since you know that 1 TS meal a day is a lot for you all.

I only see it as a waste if you end up paying out of pocket for a TS meal, like you're planning to do at Sci-Fi. I would maybe split your TS credits between 50's Prime Time and Sci Fi. So use 2 credits at each and use your extra snack credits that day if you're hungry.

I only see it as a waste if you end up paying out of pocket for a TS meal, like you're planning to do at Sci-Fi. I would maybe split your TS credits between 50's Prime Time and Sci Fi. So use 2 credits at each and use your extra snack credits that day if you're hungry.
Are you allowed to split meals on the plan? Like if my husband and I wanted to split. Meal at each we could?

Are you allowed to split meals on the plan? Like if my husband and I wanted to split. Meal at each we could?

Yes. We split a few meals last August on the dining plan. We had a few 2 TS meals like you and used 2 credits for the four of us at Raglan Rd. And we used 4 credits at Le Cellier (cause it's a signature so it would have really been 8 credits for the four of us). So we got two meals for the four of us at Le Cellier and subbed out the two desserts for two soups. It worked out great! I think there are a few TS restaurants that don't allow the splitting of credits. Not 100% sure, but I think Via Napoli may be one of them.

Can't comment on your dining choices as we haven't tried any of them but I will say I think you have too many rest days. :)

Yes. We split a few meals last August on the dining plan. We had a few 2 TS meals like you and used 2 credits for the four of us at Raglan Rd. And we used 4 credits at Le Cellier (cause it's a signature so it would have really been 8 credits for the four of us). So we got two meals for the four of us at Le Cellier and subbed out the two desserts for two soups. It worked out great! I think there are a few TS restaurants that don't allow the splitting of credits. Not 100% sure, but I think Via Napoli may be one of them.
Yup, Via Napoli frowns on sharing on the plan. Otherwise you can share at most places.

If you guys are pizza fans, I HIGHLY recommend Via Napoli.

Some of the best pizza I ever had (this is coming from a Chicago guy who loves his deep dish too vs Sicilian style)

Even if you pay out of pocket, its not expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter