thoughts on my QS restaurant choices?

disney world dreamer

DIS Veteran
keep in mind i'm going solo and i'm not interested in TS restaurants.

Sunday April 12th ARRIVE/MK
Lunch: POP food court
Dinner: Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café

Monday April 13th HS/DTD
Lunch: Fairfax Fare
Dinner: Earl of Sandwich

Tuesday April 14th EPCOT
Lunch: Sunshine Seasons
Dinner: Electric Umbrella

Wednesday April 15th MK/DTD
Lunch: BOG

Thursday April 16th LEAVE
Snack: POP food court
Lunch: pizza at MCO

btw i'll be having pop tarts and juice for breakfast cuz i'm not a morning person and my stomach does not agree with me if i eat much early in the morning.

With all the wonderful options in World Showcase, I'd head back there for dinner on Tuesday instead of going to the Electric Umbrella. For your two DTD days, I'd look into Cooke's of Dublin or one of the other QS locations for one of the meals, instead of going to Earl of Sandwich twice.

Monday April 13th HS/DTD

Tuesday April 14th EPCOT

btw i'll be having pop tarts and juice for breakfast cuz i'm not a morning person and my stomach does not agree with me if i eat much early in the morning.
For dinner I say ditch electric umbrella and eat at the world showcase. France bakery has great sandwiches and pastries, uk has fish n chips, Germany has sausages, sushi in Japan, etc, so many options!

For DTD I would not do earl/sandwich twice. You gotta try Wolfgang Puck express! It's consistently the best meal of the trip every time. It's not as cheap as earl but the food is amazing.

I would look at either Cooke's or Puck Express (the one in the Marketplace) in DTD instead of EOS for at least one if not both meals at DTD.

I agree with going to the World showcase on your Epcot day. The QS options there are great and you get tons of food, most of the time I tend to get a child's meal for lunch because there is way too much food for me. I would do Earl of Sandwich twice either, branch out and check out the other options, don't know what to suggest since I don't eat at DD, I like to go to the parks or the hotels. Maybe catch the boat from DD to one of the resorts on the boat service and do their qs for dinner.

For dinner I say ditch electric umbrella and eat at the world showcase. France bakery has great sandwiches and pastries, uk has fish n chips, Germany has sausages, sushi in Japan, etc, so many options!

For DTD I would not do earl/sandwich twice. You gotta try Wolfgang Puck express! It's consistently the best meal of the trip every time. It's not as cheap as earl but the food is amazing.

I was formulating my response in my head as I began to read the responses. And then I read this one. Took the words out of my mouth. This is what I was going to suggest 100%. Skip Electric Umbrella and find some vittles in World Showcase. And definitely hit up Wolfgang Puck once instead of Earl twice.

Monday April 13th HS/DTD

Tuesday April 14th EPCOT

My take on your current list is that your lunches look to be in places where you can have a more substantial meal, not merely a sandwich; and your dinner choices seem to imply a lighter sandwich (other than airport pizza).

But at least you have selected some very good Quick Service (QS) spots at Disney.....except Electric Umbrella.

I know it's the other side of Epcot (and maybe you feel you have to leave from the Front Gate), but there is a diversity of QS food in the World Showcase of Epcot that you might consider eating there instead. Maybe even just eat a bit less at Sunshine Seasons (which I enjoy very much - not your typical cafeteria) and snack the rest of your way around the world. There can be health reasons (like my own diabetes) to avoid a constant food rush, but this is often mitigated by the enjoyment of the long day of walking.

I get that some people eat to live, while others (like me) live to eat. But variety of QS options at Epcot have me, along with so many others, suggesting you grab a bit to eat at just about any place other than Electric Umbrella. Earl of Sandwich twice?

I do not agree with Josh (@ easywdw) on everything, but for the most part:

http://www.easywdw.com/category/disneybest/bestcounter/

worlfgang puck express is the best quick serve on property if you are on the dining plan. Don't bother with earl of sandwich at all. Go to wolfgang twice.

We like Cosmic Rays fine, although Columbia Harbor house is also a favourite in the MK.

I personally prefer Backlot express and ABC commissary to Farefax Fare

Skip Electric Umbrella and go to the world showcase for lunch. There are many good choices, Mexico and Japan we like quite a bit. Fish and chips in England is ok although the portion is not large

i should probably add that i'm going to earl of sandwich twice because its my favorite QS.
the original 1762 is delicious and i like the mac salad.
i'd eat there a couple more times if my schedule had permitted it.

also i have simple tastes.
i've tried several things from world showcase but i'm just not a fan.
electric umbrella is simple food for my simple tastes and i love their cheesecake with strawberry sauce.
besides i'll be back in future world for test track in the evening and i have to go pick up my pic from the disney visa character meeet n greet i will be doing in the early afternoon so i'll be near electric umbrella around dinner time.

Another vote for Wolfgang Puck Express instead of one of the Earl of Sandwich. And definitely skip Electric Umbrella--nothing there but your typical counter food. Sunshine Seasons is great, though. Then pick a WS stop for your other meal.

And I would make one change in MK too. I know Cosmic Ray's gets lots of good reviews, but YUCK! It was the one and only time that my entire family threw away our food instead of eating it. Every single thing we got was just gross. And it's extremely chaotic in there! I'd suggest Columbia Harbor House instead. They have some very different choices (LOVE the hummus/broccoli slaw sandwich!). And you can go sit upstairs out of the way and relax a bit. This is one of our favorites!

i should probably add that i'm going to earl of sandwich twice because its my favorite QS.
the original 1762 is delicious and i like the mac salad.
i'd eat there a couple more times if my schedule had permitted it.

also i have simple tastes.
i've tried several things from world showcase but i'm just not a fan.
electric umbrella is simple food for my simple tastes and i love their cheesecake with strawberry sauce.
besides i'll be back in future world for test track in the evening and i have to go pick up my pic from the disney visa character meeet n greet i will be doing in the early afternoon so i'll be near electric umbrella around dinner time.

As much as the diversity of food at Disney can be enjoyable for many, there are always some people with more 'simple' tastes or in search of convenience.

Also, I believe in the notion of location, location, location. If you'll be near someplace that serves food, and it has the added bonus of serving an item or two you enjoy very much, then this makes sense to me.

But then I reach a point of asking, "What was your question to your original post?"

That actually might be exactly what I would do if I was in your position (except I'd eat at the WS- but you don't like that idea, and I understand ;) )

Other than that, I think you're a relatively smart planner. Good call with poptarts and juice in the morning! Happy eating :love:

P.S- don't forget to save room for a dole whip ;)

I'm not a breakfast person either. I've been planning our vacation for months now. First it was where are we going eat (so that I can plan to end up at the location), then it was what are we going to ride, what transport to use, resorts to visit & then I've gone back to food again.

Our favorite QS restaurants include:
MK: Columbia Harbor House
HS: Sunset Ranch Market (inc Fairfax Fare)
DTD: Wolfgang Puck Express
EPCOT: Katsura Grill/Sunshine Seasons
AK: Flame Tree BBQ

Wherever you decide to eat - I hope you have a lovely vacation

I was going to suggest Wolfgang Puck Express, and the World Showcase QS, as others have. The French bakery blew me away on our last trip, and I think it's a less exotic, solid choice.

In addition, no other QS in MK holds a candle to Columbia Harbor House IMO. And I'm including BOG in that (a place I'll never return to). I do understand doing BOG for the experience, but I cannot imagine leaving CHH off the list!

I was formulating my response in my head as I began to read the responses. And then I read this one. Took the words out of my mouth. This is what I was going to suggest 100%. Skip Electric Umbrella and find some vittles in World Showcase. And definitely hit up Wolfgang Puck once instead of Earl twice.

I totally agree with this.

As a suggestion, we like the fish and chips at the Yorkshire fish shop.

How late are you arriving on your first day and leaving on your last day? How about trying the Pop food court only once and replacing the other meal somewhere else? (or is that not possible?)

On your arrival day, I'd skip the Pop food court & eat in in MK or walk across the Generation Gap bridge to AoA food court. Unless there is a very specific item on the Pop menu that you have to have, imho Columbia Harbor House or even the Pork Shank at Gaston's would be preferable. However, I understand on your departure day wanting the Pop snack. Go King Cupcake or Tie-Die Cheesecake (but the King Cupcake is the better of the two . . . named for Elvis with chocolate, peanut butter, banana cream and candied bacon. Tasty!) Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter