Thoughts on Shiodome area?

SeanSD

Mouseketeer
We are bracketing our TDR days with 2 night stays in Shinjuku and 2 nights after TDR somewhere else in Tokyo. (Doing this to hit TDR mid week). I saw some hotels in Shiodome that looked nice and it seems like a good location with Ginza and Hamarikyu Gardens close by and easy access to many places via Shimbashi station. I have never been in that area so looking for feedback. I also was looking at Asakusa but will visit there for half a day or full day either way.

I stayed at the Royal Park Hotel in Shiodome (here is their website as it seems after googling, there is a different hotel with the same name) in 2019 and thought it was great. The room was small, but I was only with one other person so it wasn't too bad. They have a breakfast buffet that was really good and was open early, which was a plus since a lot of restaurants in the area were not open until around 10 am. The bar was awesome - the view of the city was incredible, drinks were great and staff were very friendly.

The hotel is right in the middle of the Shimbashi train station, which was very convenient. It was super easy to get around to other parts of Tokyo and in the station itself there is a wide variety of cool shops and restaurants to check out. There is a Family Mart and a 7-Eleven nearby if you need to get any snacks or drinks (or in my case, laundry detergent).

I don't know if they still offer this, but when I was there they offered a paid shuttle service to Narita airport. Unfortunately I don't know how much it cost but I remember it being not too expensive.

Thanks I was looking at the Park Hotel nearby with a good deal. Thanks for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter