• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thoughts on the Animal Kingdom vacation club

disneytraceyl

Loving All Things Disney
We resently stayed at the Animal Kingdom Jambi house. The main building. We loved. Everything was beautiful. We decided to take a walk over to the Animal Kingdom vacation club resort. The outside isn't as grand, the lobby is small and the pool was small and dirty. It reminded me of a campground. That is the vide I received. We almost bought into the vacation club I am so glad we did not.

We resently stayed at the Animal Kingdom Jambi house. The main building. We loved. Everything was beautiful. We decided to take a walk over to the Animal Kingdom vacation club resort. The outside isn't as grand, the lobby is small and the pool was small and dirty. It reminded me of a campground. That is the vide I received. We almost bought into the vacation club I am so glad we did not.
Yep. You dodged a bullet, there. No sense in buying into a timeshare that you've never stayed at. You might want to consider reading up on how DVC works. AKV is only one of several home resorts that comprise the vacation club. When you purchase an interest in one resort, you have the potential to stay at any of them.

Really? I'd love to see a picture.

When they first built Kidani Village, we thought it looked prison-like, kind of stark. But since that time it has become a favorite of ours. The landscaping has grown in and it looks more rustic, more like Africa. The Samawati Springs pool is really nice and has a nice area for kids water play. It's smaller than the Jambo House pool, but it has the separate water play area. Plus you can use either pool when you stay at KV or JH. KV has many great viewing areas along the corridors. When DVC builds a separate building for a DVC addition to a hotel, they don't usually spend much money on the lobby or entrance. It's usually functional, but nice. Disney doesn't pay for the construction. Members pay for all of it with their initial fees in the purchase. Then the annual fees pay for upkeep and staffing.

I'm not sure what campground you are comparing it to, but it's not like any campground I've been to.

If you choose Animal Kingdom Lodge as your DVC home resort, you are not just choosing Kidani Village. Jambo House has DVC villas in it.

Was not our experience. In fact going back there next trip. We have no regrets with the accommodations on our DVC membership. In fact, without it we probably would not have been able to stay at these nice resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter