Thoughts on Wayfair?

littlele

Mouseketeer
I am looking at some furniture on Wayfair and am wondering if it is too good to be true? The prices look great and the reviews on many pieces are pretty good so I’m not sure why I’m so worried but I’ve never bought furniture without seeing/trying/etc.

Btw trying to furnish my daughters first apartment and it would be soooo much easier to have things shipped right there!

I felt the same way but after seeing the same brand furniture at other online stores I bite the bullet and did it. It was our nursery furniture. My thought was that it wasn't going to be used forever and if i dipised it I could paint it. The furniture was great and my wayfair experience was too. I had got a 10% off coupon too for my first purchase. I will buy from them again.

I volunteer for a non profit. We have a bed program. For many years we had to buy the mattresses and store them, then the client who requested one would have to pay $10 to have it delivered or the conference could decide to cover the cost. Now we use wayfair. We do not have to store the mattresses. They deliver straight to the client. We got a great deal on a mattress set, frame and mattress protector. It has been working out great and the people are thrilled with the mattresses.

I had a horrible experience with Wayfair. I just moved from California to Pennsylvania. Before I moved, I was out in PA for closing etc... I needed a sleeper sofa in the new house, so I didn’t have to stay in a motel. I placed my order, everything went through just fine. I ordered it specifically because I could get it in two days. Well, on the second day I get a notification about my card being refunded. The cancelled m order without even calling me. It took two phone calls to find out that they will NOT deliver to an address that is different than the credit card address. Nothing at all I could do about it. I was angry and very inconvenienced. I refuse to give them my business.

Hi I just used Wayfair Canada
Heads up--read the fine print
I ordered a chair,,two days later I changed my mind. I cancelled the order and they said it would be 100.00 to return. I am not even due to receive it till Aug 10th.
**Free shipping is ONLY to the person NOT returns**
They will credit you your full amount on store credit without the delivery return charge,,,but then you are kind of stuck buying from them.
So think hard before hitting the spend/buy button.
****Also call and ask where they will deliver it to--in home or just curbside.****

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
I have had good luck with a fairly pricey chandelier in terms of price & quality, but when the shipment was delayed the customer service could have been better. I would order again, though.

I didn't have a good experience but it wasn't furniture. I ordered three things, a muffin pan, a bowl and a platter. 2 were items for a housewarming gift the muffin pan I ordered to get free shipping (mine were rusting anyway). 2 days after I ordered they cancelled the bowl telling me it was discontinued. I called and asked if I picked out another bowl could it be added to my original order to get free shipping. They said they couldn't add it to my order nor could they give me free shipping on just the replacement bowl. She said she would send me a 10% off coupon but I never received it. So then I got an email saying my muffin pan was delayed and wasn't going to arrive until 7/23 but I could cancel. So I put in a cancel request since I was going to be away the week of the 23rd and didn't want it to come. My cancel was denied and the muffin pan showed up before we left! So I didn't feel they were that on top of things from my experience.

I had a horrible experience with Wayfair. I just moved from California to Pennsylvania. Before I moved, I was out in PA for closing etc... I needed a sleeper sofa in the new house, so I didn’t have to stay in a motel. I placed my order, everything went through just fine. I ordered it specifically because I could get it in two days. Well, on the second day I get a notification about my card being refunded. The cancelled m order without even calling me. It took two phone calls to find out that they will NOT deliver to an address that is different than the credit card address. Nothing at all I could do about it. I was angry and very inconvenienced. I refuse to give them my business.
I would be in the same exact boat so I am glad you mentioned this! Weird that they won’t deliver to a different address. I would think that would cost them a lot of business!

I didn't have a good experience but it wasn't furniture. I ordered three things, a muffin pan, a bowl and a platter. 2 were items for a housewarming gift the muffin pan I ordered to get free shipping (mine were rusting anyway). 2 days after I ordered they cancelled the bowl telling me it was discontinued. I called and asked if I picked out another bowl could it be added to my original order to get free shipping. They said they couldn't add it to my order nor could they give me free shipping on just the replacement bowl. She said she would send me a 10% off coupon but I never received it. So then I got an email saying my muffin pan was delayed and wasn't going to arrive until 7/23 but I could cancel. So I put in a cancel request since I was going to be away the week of the 23rd and didn't want it to come. My cancel was denied and the muffin pan showed up before we left! So I didn't feel they were that on top of things from my experience.

Thanks for this info!
We don’t need the headache with all of the moving and back to school etc so we will just do Amazon or brick and mortar for these types of things I guess.

I would be in the same exact boat so I am glad you mentioned this! Weird that they won’t deliver to a different address. I would think that would cost them a lot of business!
They won't deliver to a different address because that is what scammers do when they steal credit card numbers. Ask me how I know. :cool:

They won't deliver to a different address because that is what scammers do when they steal credit card numbers. Ask me how I know. :cool:
Oh I understand why, but just a little confused, as this is the first place I've ever encountered that won't take a sale because of it. We ship things to several addresses from our Amazon account, I send gifts all the time, etc but maybe it's because it is generally a larger amount?

Oh I understand why, but just a little confused, as this is the first place I've ever encountered that won't take a sale because of it. We ship things to several addresses from our Amazon account, I send gifts all the time, etc but maybe it's because it is generally a larger amount?
I send things to other people through Amazon, too, but I have to add the addresses to my account in order to do that.

Weve had good experiences with Wayfair.

First was wayfair branded custom upholstery, and they couldn't have been more accommodating. Locked in the sale price for me while I had 2 sets of fabric samples sent (free). Quality was better than expected for the price I paid and delivery was great.

Second was patio set. Again, good value for the price I paid. It was cheaper than the other 2-3 sites I shopped for the same set.

Most recently was another Wayfair brand loft bed for my DD, again good quality for the price.

I read reviews and comparison shop so I know what I'm getting. It's not Ethan Allen or Bassett quality (most of our furniture is from those 2 stores), but it's a good value for what I'm paying for items I don't plan to keep for 20-30 years.

I send things to other people through Amazon, too, but I have to add the addresses to my account in order to do that.
My new address was the account address. I found it incredibly frustrating, as I then had to find a local place that had something I could live with, that could be delivered in a day. Had they mentioned this practice anywhere on the account or purchase page, or cancelled instantly it would not have been as much of a problem. In the end, they ended up costing me money. I could prove the credit card was mine, had they bothered to ask. Even when speaking to them, they adamantly refused the sale.

We bought a patio set and it was really nice for the price. I will definitely order from them again.

I just placed my first Wayfair order last month! I too was a bit unsure about ordering a piece of furniture without seeing it first but it worked out. I used a 10% off mailer to get a king sized platform bed. The price was more than right and it was delivered super fast. Billing and shipping address were the same, so no issue there. Sorry to those of you who had troubles with your orders!

We haven't bought furniture but I did by silk flower arrangements on closeout for my tablescapes for my wedding at about 40.00 less per table. ( saved 440.00 there ) and also bought 4 other arrangements for pillars and tables for 120.00 less than the florist ( saved another 480.00 ). They were beautiful and have held up nicely.

We liked them so much we also bought 2 garbage cans from them because I could not find the size I wanted in local stores. Again, they were perfect.

Delivery for all was fast and communications were good.

You are absolutely right. I tried ordering something from Amazon while in WDW, and they wouldn’t deliver it because it wasn’t the address on my credit card.

Have you looked at Target? I just bought furniture for my daughter from Target and it was fast and easy. With the red card I got free shipping and 5% off. Plus, it was on sale. I read beforehand that other people who had ordered and had a problem were able to return it to the store with no problem. That makes me feel better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter