• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thoughts/Opinions on Story Book Dining Lately?

We had veggie spring rolls subbed for the shrimp which were also okay.

Did you request a substitution for the shrimp specifically? How did that go about happening?

I ask, since the very small list of food items my wife doesn’t enjoy includes both mushrooms and shrimp! When we originally made our reservations, it was a different soup...and she was just going to skip the shrimp. Then they changed to mushroom for the soup. Again, she is just going to skip the soup as she is the shrimp (and this is no big deal as we are still very excited for this upcoming reservation!). But it would be really awesome to be able to sub for one of those items so she doesn’t have to sit out on 2 of the 3 app offerings.

Did you request a substitution for the shrimp specifically? How did that go about happening?

I ask, since the very small list of food items my wife doesn’t enjoy includes both mushrooms and shrimp! When we originally made our reservations, it was a different soup...and she was just going to skip the shrimp. Then they changed to mushroom for the soup. Again, she is just going to skip the soup as she is the shrimp (and this is no big deal as we are still very excited for this upcoming reservation!). But it would be really awesome to be able to sub for one of those items so she doesn’t have to sit out on 2 of the 3 app offerings.

I think we just told our server that none of us wanted the shrimp and she offered to bring us the spring rolls as a substitution. We didn’t want the shrimp to come out and go to waste.

I’m pretty sure I’ve read that the kids appetizer was offered in place of the adult choices, too. I would just have your wife ask if there are any substitutions for the apps she doesn’t like and see what your server suggests. They seem to be very accommodating.

Careful, I can remember not too long ago, when Tron was announced that Martin at WDWMagic.com stated that one option post Tron opening was eliminating Space Mountain. Have not heard one thing post that, and it sent a major panic when he put it, but the reality is..... if Space Mountain could even be talked about being gotten rid of, CBJ and Tiki and others would not surprise me at all.
This place seems to be hit-or-miss. Some people claim it was the worst meal they've had on Disney property. We are staying at Wilderness Lodge and would like to eat here on arrival day (to avoid entering any parks).. but after reading some of the reviews, we may just take a boat to the Contemporary for California Grill.
Whispering Canyon skillets are also fun at wL. We are also staying at WL so made reservations at both.

I also could only get a reservation after 8 pm. I feel like I'll probably be able to modify something earlier the day before, but I'm torn because I've read so many reviews that say how pretty it is once it gets dark. No way I'm cancelling though, I've been excited about a Snow White/Wicked Queen meal since the second I saw it.

For me it was my second to top dining choice for the whole trip (well trip is for my daughter, Royal Table Dinner is 1)
My daughter loves any princess but in addition I think will love the acting/theming/theatrical aspect that this restaurant seems to have over a standard meet and greet meal which I feel at 6 turning 7 she may be starting to get a little old/wise for.

A little torn on the time, as it is for our day of arrival which is a day that will start around 5:30 AM for us ; so an 8:25 PM dinner ; followed by Bon Voyage breakfast at 8 AM the next morning before the day spent at Epcot and need to get back and forth for both from Animal Kingdom Lodge where we are staying ; so could be just too much.
I will likely have the Disney Dining Planning on this night available to use for payment and would not any other night so it is the perfect night for us but the wrong time. Would switch to a day later in the trip if comes available at a better time but would then be paying out of pocket so lose some value and may not be an option anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter