Threats from DVC to move the reservation

stuartsong

DIS Veteran
We have three reservations at the Boardwalk in a 2-bedroom garden/pool view for October of this year. DVC called me yesterday to say one of the rooms will need to be moved to another resort because of refurbishment. They gave me an option of moving to Bay Lake or Riviera in a 2 bedroom. Unfortunately, we cannot move just one of the reservations as we want to stay together. We asked if they can find another reservation that does not involve three reservations and splitting up three families. DVC was insistent that it must be the one reservation. We offered to move all three reservations, but they stated that there is not three 2-bedrooms available at any resort. We then told them that we cannot move our reservation.

This is when it gets really interesting. The cast member threatened that they will just cancel the reservation if we do not accept the change. When I asked how this one reservation was chosen to be moved, they replied that it was the last reservation made for the availability. I told them that was absolutely false because these reservations were walked 2 days before the 11 month window opening and that it was probably one of the first reservations made. The CM actually asked me how I know that it was made the early. I explained that it was planned very early for the family trip and the confirmation number will tell them the exact day the reservation was made. This caught them off guard that I knew all this information.

I have asked to speak to a supervisor since I am not willing to relocate for just the one reservation or have the reservation cancelled. The first thing I was told was that I was speaking to the supervisor on duty. I asked that they should be someone higher to resolve this issue. She finally said that I would have to wait to be called back.

In the 23 years of owning DVC and making lots of reservation, I have never had a situation where DVC is calling to tell me that the reservation will have to be moved or threatened to have it cancelled. I feel like DVC is trying to strong arm me into moving my reservation instead of looking for another reservation that does not involve three families traveling together. I have also never had or heard of DVC saying that they would cancel the reservation if I don't accept the move.

Yeah that’s weird.

I would send a cc’d email around asking if they could please first try requesting from other 2BR reservations that might not have multiple rooms for their party. Quite possible another would be happy to move resort after hearing about refurb going on, and may even enjoy the switch to RIV or BLT.

I say create an email and show 'em the receipts because obviously you have your email confirmations from when you booked. They should definitely move someone else!

Nah dawg, this doesn't fly. I would be soooo livid. If just 1 room, I'd gladly take Riviera since that's my fave these days. But if I jumped on early to book 3 rooms for a family trip....no way Jose.

Maybe they could move you to 2 treehouse villas or a cabin and other rooms at Wilderness Lodge. I wonder if they have a big chunk of rooms going to be out of commission for something and they have been trying to get others to move and not getting anywhere.

I wonder if they have a big chunk of rooms going to be out of commission for something and they have been trying to get others to move and not getting anywhere.
It's not a bad offer, I would take it. It's just not the right offer for OP. And the lying doesn't help. Not a cute look.

30 years of reserving and staying in DVC locations, and never had something like that happen. We have done a number of family trips over the years that included 3-6 rooms - and if something like this happened where they were telling us one of the reservations was being moved to a completely different location, I would be livid and would find someone to come up with a workable, more reasonable solution. Contacting guests 2 months in advance without a real solution is not acceptable. Hope OP gets something worked out.

When my reservation got hosed by the resale borrowing "glitch" I emailed Terri, now Bill I think? Terri's office did follow up and make sure it was handled.

I would get in front of this and tell them your needs.
Can you share the email addresses? I need to share my thoughts on the can't book with transferred points issue.

Unfortunately, these things can and do happen, especially when there is a refurbishment. But, that doesn't excuse them being rude in how it has to be handled.

Hopefully, they can find a way to keep everyone together either at BWV or move you elsewhere....fingers crossed for you!

We have three reservations at the Boardwalk in a 2-bedroom garden/pool view for October of this year. DVC called me yesterday to say one of the rooms will need to be moved to another resort because of refurbishment. They gave me an option of moving to Bay Lake or Riviera in a 2 bedroom. Unfortunately, we cannot move just one of the reservations as we want to stay together. We asked if they can find another reservation that does not involve three reservations and splitting up three families. DVC was insistent that it must be the one reservation. We offered to move all three reservations, but they stated that there is not three 2-bedrooms available at any resort. We then told them that we cannot move our reservation.

This is when it gets really interesting. The cast member threatened that they will just cancel the reservation if we do not accept the change. When I asked how this one reservation was chosen to be moved, they replied that it was the last reservation made for the availability. I told them that was absolutely false because these reservations were walked 2 days before the 11 month window opening and that it was probably one of the first reservations made. The CM actually asked me how I know that it was made the early. I explained that it was planned very early for the family trip and the confirmation number will tell them the exact day the reservation was made. This caught them off guard that I knew all this information.

I have asked to speak to a supervisor since I am not willing to relocate for just the one reservation or have the reservation cancelled. The first thing I was told was that I was speaking to the supervisor on duty. I asked that they should be someone higher to resolve this issue. She finally said that I would have to wait to be called back.

In the 23 years of owning DVC and making lots of reservation, I have never had a situation where DVC is calling to tell me that the reservation will have to be moved or threatened to have it cancelled. I feel like DVC is trying to strong arm me into moving my reservation instead of looking for another reservation that does not involve three families traveling together. I have also never had or heard of DVC saying that they would cancel the reservation if I don't accept the move.
Sorry accidentally hit 'like' when I definitely mean to hit the Angry face. I would be livid as it is totally unfair and definitely shouldn't happen that you will be split up to a different resort.

You can always ask - but if the rooms aren’t available - there’s really nothing that can be done…
Completely agree. But if MS’s argument is that there aren’t 3 sets of 2 bedrooms… then what about 3 Grand Villas…That’s 6 bedrooms for 6 bedrooms….

I would take Riveria as that way you are in the same area and ask for a food voucher.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter