Three Months

As someone recovering from Covid now I say good, bc my next two Disney trips fall within 3 months. Guess I’ll be safe. lol. Jk. I’m taking that with a grain of salt. It’s great if we really do have some immunity but I won’t allow that to let me get my guard down.

Last edited:

I read their guidance to say the immunity lasts AT LEAST 3 months. Could be longer in some individuals, but 3 months is the shortest.
umm... "up to" means 3 months would be the maximum, not the minimum. If something lasts "UP TO" 3 months, that means it can last 2 months, 1 month, 1 week, 1 day, or even a second." If something is "AT LEAST" 3 months, that means it can be 3 months, 3 years, or three decades.

I think the Axios take on the CDC advice is extrapolating beyond the intention of the CDC information.

M.

umm... "up to" means 3 months would be the maximum, not the minimum. If something lasts "UP TO" 3 months, that means it can last 2 months, 1 month, 1 week, 1 day, or even a second." If something is "AT LEAST" 3 months, that means it can be 3 months, 3 years, or three decades.

But for this, it means they don’t know what’s beyond 3 months because they don’t have the data. Immunity could very well last beyond three months, but we don’t know that yet ... only time will tell.

But for this, it means they don’t know what’s beyond 3 months because they don’t have the data. Immunity could very well last beyond three months, but we don’t know that yet ... only time will tell.
So if it can last less than three months OR more than 3 months, isnt that the same as "we dont know how long it lasts"?

"Upto" means that point and below. You see it all the time on sales flyers "Upto 70% off!". Do you think that means everything is 70% off (or, based on your statement, more)?

So if it can last less than three months OR more than 3 months, isnt that the same as "we dont know how long it lasts"?

"Upto" means that point and below. You see it all the time on sales flyers "Upto 70% off!". Do you think that means everything is 70% off (or, based on your statement, more)?

The CDC guidance suggests testing if more than 3 months since recovery. The AXIOS language isn't all that great. It's not a source that I like all that much.

LOL. I understand the meaning of “up to”.

The article is using a CDC guide that explains when to quarantine to speculate that immunity “only lasts 3 months”. What the CDC is saying is that a person who has tested for positive for Covid does not needed to get tested again or quarantine if they are exposed to Covid within a 3 month window of their previous infection. To me, that says, for now, it’s generally accepted that we can assume that Covid immunity lasts for at least 3 months. As with everything Covid related, the guidelines could change ... so, I do think it’s very possible that in 3-6 months this could change as well. Or maybe it will stay the same ... but it’s not an iron clad statement on how long immunity lasts. It’s simply serves as a guide fo self quarantine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter