Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Mom - an amazing woman who raised two boys after losing her husband/our Dad in a traffic accident in 1981

Moments - the small things we experience that can really make a difference if we are struggling or not in our daily lives.

Movies - ones that evoke a wide range of emotions, Star Wars (no Jar Jar Binks) The Godfather, Oceans 11, Saving Pvt Ryan. Christmas Vacation, The Hangover, Deadpool, Training Day, etc

3 movies:

Jaws - I'm grateful for the memory of getting to watch this with my Dad when my mom was out. :laughing:

Star Wars - I'm grateful to have been a kid/teen when they were originally coming out.

Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone - This is one of my "comfort movies" that I can watch over and over and recite half the lines along with the characters.

- John Williams music

3 movies:

Jaws - I'm grateful for the memory of getting to watch this with my Dad when my mom was out. :laughing:

Star Wars - I'm grateful to have been a kid/teen when they were originally coming out.

Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone - This is one of my "comfort movies" that I can watch over and over and recite half the lines along with the characters.

- John Williams music
I’m guessing - they all have a musical score by John Williams

Good Monday Morning :wave:

#1 - Gone With the Wind - my most favorite movie

#2 - Glory - where we all saw how awesome Denzel was and continues to be

#3 - Lincoln - Many thought this was boring, but I found it very interesting.

These all have something in common….

Gone With The Wind ❤️
Casablanca ❤️❤️❤️
The English patient❤️❤️
It’s a wonderful life❤️❤️❤️
Jaws ❤️❤️❤️
Godfather ❤️❤️
America’s Sweetheart❤️❤️
Grumpy old man❤️❤️
Crazy Rich Asians❤️❤️
The money pit❤️❤️
Any Mel Brooks movie ❤️❤️❤️❤️
Beauty and the beast!!! ❤️❤️
Emperors new groove❤️❤️
So many movies I will watch over and over again every time I catch them on or seek them out!!!

I could be here all day !!! Movies are almost as good as books !!! I used to love back in the day renting our 3 movies on Saturday nights for our movie marathons !! Fun times !!!

Can’t wait to read everyone ‘s responses!!! May find some new movies to check out !!! 😊

1. A Christmas Carol (Scrooge) the 1951 version with Alastair Sim, my family’s favorite. When my DH and I met we discovered we shared the same love of this version. (A surprise to me since he was Jewish) :)
2. Muppets Christmas Carol: my adult daughter still loves this and watches it every year, as do we.
3. It’s A Wonderful Life: another favorite shared by my DH and me. One time, in our early years together, we couldn’t be together when it was broadcast on TV and so we watched it separately while on the phone.
Honorable Mention: The Family Man: my DH and I discovered this movie one year and then bought the DVD so we could watch it every Christmas season. Nicholas Cage does a wonderful job of transforming his character and Téa Lioni is delightful and real. It didn’t get critical acclaim, but we love it.

3 Movies.

Watching the Oscars last night, I was thinking again about the gift of the partnership of Steven Spielberg and John Williams. I, especially, appreciate their family movies.

E.T.

Jurassic Park

Raiders of the Lost Ark

The Terminal (I have soft spot for this one.)

Hook
I can’t count how many times we watched Hook in this house! It was one of my DD’s favorites. Bangarang!!

Two atypical Hallmark movies The Gift of Peace and The Blessing Bracelet are both faithfully and beautifully done stories that touched me so much a couple years ago when I first saw them on TV. I absolutely recommend.

I haven't seen them in years but enjoyed at the time the original Santa Clause, Prancer Returns, and Miracle on 34th Street (I will have to watch both versions this year in December to see whether I have a preference. Do any of you)? Of course A Charlie Brown Christmas for Linus!

and Miracle on 34th Street (I will have to watch both versions this year in December to see whether I have a preference.
I love, love, love Miracle on 34th Street!!

Of the two most familiar ones (original with Natalie Wood and newest with Mara Wilson) I like the old one best, but do like both.

Did you know there are three others, though? ...one done in the 1970s - in which Susan overhears Kris speak Spanish instead of Dutch, an older made-for-TV version which mostly followed a cut-down version of the original script (but added a scene at Susan's school) and a live-TV version as well. (I haven't seen that one, but I think it was from the late 50s.)

How interesting, dear PollyanaMom, I didn't know that. Semi related is I do remember a couple additional Secret Garden movies. I am pretty sure at least one of them was set after the original movie or book ended. It has been years on that, too. I will definitely watch both Miracle on 34 Streets in December and share then :)

Good Monday Morning :wave:

#1 - Gone With the Wind - my most favorite movie

#2 - Glory - where we all saw how awesome Denzel was and continues to be

#3 - Lincoln - Many thought this was boring, but I found it very interesting.

These all have something in common….

I didn't see if anyone else had guessed. I know there's an overlap in timeframe and all would be Civil War era. Gone With the Wind takes places between 1861-1873, which extends beyond the official war dates, but includes the war in its entirety. I saw somewhere that Glory is set in 1863. I thought Lincoln was shortly before his assassination and near the end of the war. In my basic Google searching, I see January 1965 for that one. So, I'm going to say Civil War era movies.

That seems to obvious- we need to dig deeper I bet - but I could be wrong - some little detail we are missing maybe ?? 🤔🤔🤔🤔 I looked it up it’s not Oscar wins or nomination totals - not best actor as Clark Gable didn’t win for GWTW ….. what are we missing ? I’m at a loss as I’ve not seen Glory or Lincoln - anyone?? It just seems to easy that it’s the Civil War - that seems like a given - not being mean I’m just saying it’s like one of those riddles 🤔🤔🤔

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter