Three Things...Gratitude Thread

I get to eat choc because it’s in the house
I get to buy more choc without guilt because I ate so much
It’s 10/31 I get to get rid of choc so I stop eating it as I have so self control against choc - come 8:30 one kid gets whatever is left - last year that kid was blown away couldn’t believe I was giving her Everything I had left - yup open that bag UP!!! It’s all coming in I’m out !!!

3 Things You're Grateful For...Connected to Halloween

LOL Once again I have to agree with WDWEPCOT

1. Chocolate--one of the few times of the year I allow myself to eat more than I should
2. Chocolate--the stores sell BIGGER bags of it
3. Chocolate-it gives me the chance to try different candy than I usually get

Have to add a 4'th, I am grateful to those who decorate their houses for Halloween. I love looking at the decorations everytime we go by them!

3 Things I'm Grateful For...Connected to Halloween:

1) My dad, who made one of my favorite costumes when I was about 6. I was a crayon that year (spring green) and it was basically a cardboard tube, with armholes and a point at the top. I don't remember why that's what I wanted to be that year, but I love that he took the time to figure out how to make it. It's still one of my favorite Halloween stories because I could not sit down in it, so I remember being picked up and loaded, lying down, across the back seat of the car to go to my grandmother's and my teacher's house during trick-or-treat. Obviously rolling around the back seat was not how we were usually expected to sit in the car, plus it was just plain funny, so it made for a great memory.

2) That people figured out how to have trick-or-treating social-distance-style during the last couple of years. I did a table in my yard, and sat on the porch, and I found I really liked being outside and watching the groups make their way down the street, hearing their reactions to the decorations, etc. (Bonus, the doorbell doesn't scare the cats!) I think I'm going to keep it up. 🎃

3) Reese's Peanut Butter Pumpkins, of course!

I’m grateful for…

My neighbors having us over every year for Chili & Hot Dogs. Myself and the other neighbor bring food too - it’s a great time.

My pictures of past Halloweens when my girls and all the neighbor girls dressed up and went trick or treating together.

My inside Halloween decorations - I love them and am bummed out that it’s time to take them down tomorrow.

1. Fall is my favorite season—love the weather, the colors, the (non-gory) decorations.
2. Love the way my house looks decorated especially in the evening when the fire is lit.
3. Tonight’s a fun night in the neighborhood—lots of families out and we hang out with several neighbor families handing out candy, sharing food around a fire and socializing.

1. Chocolate :lovestruc
2. Passing out candy tonight. We have a lot of candy this year due to a mis-delivery by Amazon, which they told me to keep and not return. We're going to be very generous with the trick-or-treaters who come through.
3. Our family Halloween dinner tradition. I make white chicken chili in the crockpot for dinner before trick-or-treating starts and make warm, mulled apple cider to drink afterwards.

I don't celebrate traditional Halloween at all. Prayers to each of especially with young kids for safe fun. May each of you enjoy an extra treat today.

1 Tomorrow is my beloved grandma's 104th birthday. I know she will be celebrating extra with God and my grandpa in Heaven. She LOVED all things candy. Brings me an extra smile to think of her along with and to give thanks to God for His gift to me of my grandma. Grandma did make me some costumes as a kid, too.

2 Trunk or Treat participating at church in years past. God-willing I'd enjoy doing so post pandemic as part of a faith-based fall event.

3 Flannel pajamas for cooler weather I got yesterday from Old Navy.

Last edited:
I have good memories of Halloween with our sons, and with my classes. Teachers in middle school would dress up. I made many of the costumes for our family.

My best Halloween memory is from WDW. In 2003 when my mom was 84, we took her to a MNSSHP and she went Trick or treating for the first time in her life. She grew up in the Depression. I am grateful that she was well enough to enjoy the festivities. When it was time to leave WDW she took her candy home with her and gave us her suitcase to take home with us!

310443EF-D91F-4098-A068-34C63A19B7BA.jpeg

Last edited:
Sweet childhood memories of Halloween; dressing up; trick or treating; the innocence of it all.

School Halloween festivities.

When we used to decorate to the nines prior to the pandemic for the throngs of kids who would come to our house in the carloads. Those days are over. Now we watch Halloween movies with the lights off.

My best Halloween memory is from WDW. In 2003 when my mom was 84, we took her to a MNSSHP and she went Trick or treating for the first time in her life. She grew up in the Depression. I am grateful that she was well enough to enjoy the festivities. When it was time to leave WDW she took her candy home with her and gave us her suitcase to take home with us!

View attachment 715230

Love this!
Thank you bobbi for sharing your story and picture.
Wonderful memory!

Happy November 1st everyone!

The family members I’m most grateful for - this isn’t from most to least - I’m grateful for all ❤️

My Grandma (my mom’s mom) - I was very close with her and loved her very much. She is the person that formed me into the person I am today. She was tough, she didn’t take any BS and I loved that about her. I never wanted to disappoint her. We spent a lot of time together - she was a wonderful lady. She passed away in March 2006.

My Mom - Another wonderful lady in my life. Without her, I wouldn’t be here - she gave me life. We butted heads a lot when I was a teenager, we are very different people, but now that I’m/we’re older we both learned that even though we are very different, we can set that aside and still have a wonderful relationship. I love her very much - she’s been there for me for everything - I’m very grateful for her.

My DD19 - She is my everything. She’s my best friend. There is nobody that I laugh more with than her. Now that she’s at college, I miss her terribly, but she’s shining like the bright star that she is, and she has nothing but greatness ahead of her. I’m looking forward to watching where life takes her, and I hope it takes her somewhere warm, so my DH and I can follow her there after we retire - LOL!

My DH (I know it’s supposed to be only 3, but I have to include him) - He’s been the person I’ve literally grown up with. We’ve known each other since 6th grade, started dating the summer before our senior year (16yrs old), got engaged at 21yrs old, married at 23yrs old and now 27 years later we are still together. He has worked very hard to give us the wonderful life we have. Whenever someone needs something, he’s right there making it happen. He’s a wonderful man and I’m looking forward to this new empty nest chapter we are starting now - it’s a weird chapter, but we’ll adjust, just like we have in other chapters during our time together.

I wish I had three but I have dysfunctional family with mental illness so I’m sorry to say I don’t speak to just about all my family - most live very far away and I never knew them as they are peace out from other family members mental illness issues ( my immediate family ) it’s a long ugly history that ends with cutting ties to maintain your own mental health which is what I’ve done after decades of counseling
So I’ll be grateful for people I’ve made my family

I’m grateful for my friend on the DIS who’s always there for me with kind words and a warm heart - we are like sisters ! ❤️ you know who you are !! We talk daily

I’m grateful to two former coworkers - one I’ve been friends with for over 20 years - she lives across the country but we are very close - the other local - we talk almost daily - both are always available for me no matter what

I’m grateful for my DD - she does have issues and they are huge but she has a kind heart and she cares and she tries to manage her issues - it’s a daily battle people don’t understand - I’ve lost friends and family over it - you don’t understand it until you live it - I would not wish it on my worst enemy

I’m grateful to a close friend who’s also like a sister to me on instagram - we’ve been friends for years - again always there for me

One more - as I’ve said before - I’m forever grateful I found the DIS - you people are kind helpful and supportive and that’s better than any family I’ve ever had !! 🙏❤️ I’m forever grateful & blessed !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter