Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Holiday Food: -

Chestnut Stuffing & Cranberry Sauce

Birthday Cake
(esp. homemade)

(Very) Well-roasted parsnips

Improvements/Upgrades: -

Cordless tools for house and garden

From a bulky desktop tied to one room ----> bluetooth laptop usable anywhere.

Instant messaging
...so handy sometimes, rather than always talking on phone calls (which I'm terrible at ending!!!!)

2. Rye bread and dip. We have it for pretty much every holiday with my sister's family. DH's family doesn't really like it, so I never take it there.
What is in the dip? I'm picturing Reuben ingredients.
Instant messaging ...so handy sometimes, rather than always talking on phone calls (which I'm terrible at ending!!!!)
It is painful to listen to DH talk to DSS35. They will say...well, I guess I will let you go....pause/quiet....talks about weather....pause/quiet...15 minutes later says I love you son and hangs up. Meanwhile, I'm going bonkers...hang up already!!!

Improvements:

1. Cell phones—texting is the greatest. Makes coordinating little details so easy. And I have e-mail, a camera, gps, internet all on one little pocket held device.
2. Skylights—our house came with skylights in the living room that didn’t open and one of the three leaked. The big picture window also didn’t open and the room was like a greenhouse and was always way hotter than the rest of the house. Our roof needed replaced a few years ago and we redid the skylights. They now open, have blinds and don’t leak and the difference is amazing.
3. Cars—safety features, keyless locks and ignition, backup cameras, automatic lights.

Happy Sunday Everyone:flower3:

ITA with many of the replies already especially medicine and healthcare overall.

Especially since today is Sunday and for me that means in an extra way, a day to humbly give praise and quietly worship⛪, the Miracle to me, that no matter what Jesus remains steadfast and unchanging. He is with me always.

I am old fashioned and prefer reading physical books! I also don't care for anymore holding a thick, heavy book while reading on the couch--where I spend most of my reading time. I'm grateful for Kindle and free library E Bbooks📚

Toasters both 2 slice that I use for my mini🥯and our toaster oven that dad uses for his bigger bagels, muffins, and to reheat foods during warmer weather.

Worship options including online. I have sure appreciated being able to watch Sunday services online directly from You Tube (no account or Zoom--I do not use true social media at all and am only a member of this site and used Book swap site)

Thinking of pictures, that it is now possible to instantly see a picture on our phones and if need be retake/try again then, too!

Happy Monday :wave:

#1 - I’m grateful for my kitchen valence - I love the pattern on it. I’ve had it for 20 years, but it still looks like new and I still love it, so I have no desire to change it.

#2 - I’m grateful for my Disney Dooney purses - I’m love the patterns on these so much - I now a black one, white one, 50th one and a new Snow White one my DH gave me for Mother’s Day. It’s a good thing they are expensive so I don’t buy them all - LOL!

#3 - I’m grateful for my living room and dining room curtains - they were something my grandma paid for when we moved into this house 19 years ago. They are absolutely perfect for the rooms.

3 upgrades or improvements:

- that we made the call to add central air to our house. We bought it thinking we’d keep the window units and deal with it that way. With rising temps in our area (near Philly), I am grateful every summer day that we added A/C as the humidity is thick around here!

- the backup camera in my car and other warning sensors. I am extra cautious, but those add another layer of safety.

- phone apps for banking, airlines, and of course, the MDE app!

3 things I'm grateful for... With patterns:

- The upholstered chair in our kitchen, where I sit every morning and have coffee while catching up on the news, DIS, and messages with friends & family.

- Oriental rugs that hide all of the stains from pets and young kids!

- Lilly Pulitzer patterns. My daughter loves all things bright and wild! Her bedroom linens are a Lilly pattern with pink and blue, and elephants. It's fun, and very different from the muted greens and blues in the rest of our home!

Patterns

1. The patterns my mom would give to our seamstress to make our clothes when we lived overseas

I ❤ this answer @eksmama01. It brings back memories of hours paging through books by Buttermilk, Vogue and McCall's, dreaming of my next project, of finding room in my small apartment to pin on the tissue and cut out all the pieces and of my kitties napping on my ironing board when I wasn't using it press open seams.

Today's Topic (Mon, 6/26) - 3 things you're grateful for...with patterns

Wallpaper - specifically, the wallpaper in my bedroom but also generically-block prints, damask, flocked, chintz, trompe l’oeil...When I was in college studying the Arts and Crafts movement, one of my classmates brought in her book of original William Morris wallpaper swatches. What a special treat.

Jetstreams- the pattern of winds can bring things from half a world away to your country. I find that impressive.

Words-patterns of letters that help people communicate with one another (embedded in this are means of transmitting words such as books, radio waves, Braille, translation tools,, Morse code, semaphores, etc.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter