Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Happy Tuesday Friends :wave:

#1 - I’m grateful for WDW - my first trip was 1976 and I was 5 years old. I rmember certain things about that trip - flashes of certain things. It was this trip that turned me into a Disney loving kid, teenager and adult :love:

#2 - I’m grateful for Snow White - she’s been my favorite Disney Princess my entire life and I have a lot of her around my house to prove it - LOL! My DH just bought me a beautiful Snow White for my birthday. Now you all know why she’s my profile picture ❤️

#3 - I’m grateful for my memories of Disney things I’ve enjoyed with my girls - going to WDW, going to new Disney movies in the theater, watching Playhouse Disney together at home and still today with my DD and I taking our WDW girls trip and watching RESORTTV1 together (even when she’s at school we sometimes watch together over FaceTime). These memories are priceless ❤️❤️

1. Movies- Hercules, Lion King, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Hunchback, Toy Story... the Disney movies of the 1990s were what DD was raised on and we have incredible memories from enjoying them together. Some of the songs still make me cry when I think of DD and my 2 nieces, growing up together.

2. WDW live entertainment. They are pretty lacking right now, having phased out so much, but Festival of the Lion King is spectacular, and I adore Beauty and the Beast. I very much miss Tarzan Rocks and Hunchback- what amazing productions! It's sad that they've let the "lesser" entertainment lapse, like the Citizens of the Streets of America (I think that's what they were called, at the Studios). Disney certainly knew how to do live, in-park entertainment for a while there.

3. As others have said, just being there. Knowing that I am someplace that will amaze me, that I know well enough that I can relax and not worry about everything that might go wrong or that we might miss. Even though going to WDW can be stressful, once we get there I am filled with a sense of peace and can relax... after all, I'm Home!

Grateful by the Grace of God to be home after spending 11 hours in the ER yesterday! Please pray for healing of my feet and relief from the pain.

Christmas:

Jesus!
Christmas Trees
The whole season of joy

3 Disney Things

1 DL and just being there makes me happy. Dad and I God willing one day will get back.
2 Mickey and Minnie
3 Candlelight Processional

1. I was thankful for the 20 years I lived in LA and got to go to Disneyland whenever I wanted. I miss it!
2. I am thankful for so many happy memories when the kids were younger.....Disney was our go to vacation spot and my kids loved it.
3. Thankful my 2nd son got into the Disney College Program even though Covid hit and he never actually go to do it.
4. My husband is an accountant and he did a 2 year internship with Disney in Glendale, CA and that gave us free admission and some really fun employee nights.

Sorry for the late post today, folks - just got distracted this morning!

In addition to St. Nicholas Day, today is:
IMG_2721.jpeg
...inspiring Today's Topic (Wed, 12/6) - 3 things you're grateful for that became "standard" in your lifetime

(Technically the microwave was invented in 1945, but it didn't become something most people had in their homes until the 1980s, so I definitely remember life without them.)

Grateful by the Grace of God to be home after spending 11 hours in the ER yesterday! Please pray for healing of my feet and relief from the pain.

Christmas:

Jesus!
Christmas Trees
The whole season of joy

3 Disney Things

1 DL and just being there makes me happy. Dad and I God willing one day will get back.
2 Mickey and Minnie
3 Candlelight Processional
How are you doing ? I hope you received some relief!!! We are all concerned and praying for you !! ❤️❤️❤️

TV - especially color TVs I remember having a black & white only tv

Cable - when it first came out it was amazing to be able to watch movies and home which leads me to my next one

VCR - to be able to watch movies and home whenever you wanted to if you could get them at the store and they weren’t sold out or you were renting them - be kind rewind !!!

Microwave - to be able to heat up food in seconds - not have to use your oven - awesome thing !!! For the love of God why doesn’t anybody ever ckean the microwave??? Cover your food it’s splatter everywhere🤣🤣🤣

1. Remote controls - funny story, DH calls our TV remote a wireless remote. It even cracks me up even though I do remember remotes that had wires to connect to the tv lol!

2. Credit/debit cards - I know not everyone uses them, but I find them great for tracking spending and not having to carry much cash! I think it would be so difficult to know how much cash to even take when you go on a vacation. I can remember my parents having various envelopes of cash that we would take when we headed out on vacation. Back then there were no atms, etc, so you had to take everything with you that you would need for the entire trip - yikes!

3. Dishwashers - I remember getting the first one at our house when I was a kid - it was a portable dishwasher that we wheeled across the kitchen and hooked it to the kitchen sink every time we ran it!

2. Credit/debit cards - I know not everyone uses them, but I find them great for tracking spending and not having to carry much cash! I think it would be so difficult to know how much cash to even take when you go on a vacation. I can remember my parents having various envelopes of cash that we would take when we headed out on vacation. Back then there were no atms, etc, so you had to take everything with you that you would need for the entire trip - yikes!
And getting Travelers Checks from the bank before a vacation. My gosh, I am not really that old. I like to think my wife and I took a bunch of trips before kids. Is what it is....

Let's go with the opposite category this morning...

Today's Topic (Thur, 12/7) - 3 things that have all but disappeared that you're grateful you didn't miss out on

🇺🇸 PS - For our U.S posters, today is also Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day, so please remember to be grateful in your heart for our military members and their families! 🇺🇸

Good Thursday Morning :wave:

#1 - I’m grateful for cassette tapes - my girls both had Disney book on tapes and different kids cassette tapes they’d listen too. I’m so glad they were little before things on screens. Everywhere I go I see toddlers and children looking at a device - I’m glad my kids listened to music while playing with a toy or while following along with a book. When we’d go out they had their own set of children‘s head phones so not everyone had to listen to what they were listening to, unlike today where parents just let there kids listen to a device at full volume everywhere they are at (big pet peeve of mine). I still have all the books on tape for grandchildren one day - I wonder if they’ll enjoy it as much as my girls did :scratchin

#2. I’m grateful for my big stereo system that I had 30 + years ago - that thing had everything and I loved it! I don’t think these type of systems exist anymore - my parents bought it for me before I was married and I’ll be married 29 years in 2024.

#3 - I’m grateful for my 5 disc CD player that I had in one of my mini vans (actually, I’m glad for any CD player & cassette player in past vehicles) - that 5 disc CD player was the best and I’d like to say it held really cool CDs, but it didn’t, it held Sing Along With Barney, The Wiggles, different Disney CDs (mainly the ones that were one red, one green and one blue), and several WDW CDs. Back then we only listened to children’s CDs in the car.

CD & Cassette player in my car - I really miss it

As much as I love my iPhone I like the time before iPhones ever existed - people were more sociable back then in person
But I would miss my friends on the DIS❤️

And I agree - stereo systems the ones that had everything they’re hard to come by these days - but Albums are coming back to see some of those stereo systems available again not quite as big but with all the bells and whistles I’ve actually been shopping for one
I’m grateful for that! Because I’ve got a ton of albums and cassette and CDs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter