Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Things in Twos:
1. Contact lenses—one of the greatest inventions.
2. Good shoes—helps with my foot issues
3. Gloves—like them when driving in cold weather.

Looking forward to:
1. DD’s club season has started and her tournaments begin next month. I enjoy watching her play so looking forward to that.
2. Spring—I planted some spring blooming bulbs in containers and am looking forward to seeing how they do.
3. Vacation this summer. Going to Hilton Head plus a few Disney days.

Three Things:

The love and support of my family and friends. Where would I be without them?

My health, such as it is. It was a hard year physically for DH and me, but we are both on the road to recovery. Gonna be a while still, but we are getting stronger every day, staying healthy and kind of almost getting enough sleep!

That we are "where we are" in life. We are not wealthy or rich by any stretch of the imagination, but I know we can weather most storms. Do I want to pay $1000 deductible for tree removal, or $600 for snow tires? No, but we can. It's not gonna break us, we aren't going to have to choose which bill to ignore, or what to do without to cover emergencies or expensive necessities. I realize that not everyone is this fortunate and for many, many years we weren't either. I am grateful for this.

I wish everyone the joy and peace of the holiday season. Y'all are some of those friends I mentioned first in today's post. 🎅🎄

Today's Topic (Sat, 12/23) - things you're grateful for that come in twos
1. Grateful that sometimes "the system" works and I have a beautiful 6 year old healthy boy because of it. (for those who don't know, we adopted out of foster care, that is what I am referring to)
2. Grateful for my kids coming home for Christmas and that we have transportation to make that possible.
3. Grateful for our new house and the financial freedom it brings
Today's Topic (Sun, 12/24) - 3 things you're grateful to be looking forward to
1. Christmas celebrations with my family.
2. possible Disney trip later in January
3. our big trip overseas next summer

Open Topic Today (Mon, 12/25) - any 3 things you're grateful for

Family, especially that DH survived the December 8 Heart Attack.

Friends, those I know in person and the friends I know because of Disboards. Over time, I have met many of you in person. It’s been a blessing to me.

Faith and the fact that I can express it openly here and in life.

Merry Christmas Friends ❤️ :wave: 💚

I will narrow it down to Christmas 2023….

#1 - I’m grateful that both sets of parents are still with us this Christmas - they are due here at 1:00pm

#2 - I’m grateful that we have a wonderful parish to call our church home - going to Christmas Eve Mass last night, and having so many wonderful people to see and hug, makes the holiday even better.

#3 - I’m grateful that my DD20 is home with us - I love knowing that she’s upstairs warm & safe in her bed.

IMG_1468.png

Merry Christmas dear friends! Prayers each of you have grown deeper in faith this season. I sure am also grateful dear Bobbi to be able to express faith right here. Thank you for saying that.

When Love Was Born
Blessing extra from God of being able to especially spend today with my beloved dad
Healing! Three weeks ago today was when I was in the ER. God's utter Mercy and Love have taken me so far since!
All of you:grouphug:

Merry Christmas! :santa: :grouphug: I hope you're all enjoying some peace and joy, however you are spending this time.

3 Things

🎁 I had a lovely, relaxed Christmas day with family ...and some treats!
🎄 I managed to find time to do an instagram-inspired craft project. It was only small (some snowy lanterns), but I didn't think I was going to get an opportunity and, added to our growing collection of indoor Christmas lights, they're atmospheric and satisfying to see.
:grouphug: All of you!

Open Topic Today (Mon, 12/25) - any 3 things you're grateful for

I'm grateful that I have a loving and supportive marriage.

I'm grateful for so many friends, IRL and here on this wonderful site, that bring smiles and joy to me every day.

I'm grateful that I have no financial stresses and I was able to retire in 2023.

I hope 2024 is kind, fun and wonderful for all of you!

Grateful I got to spend time today in person with family here in MA, and on the phone with family in FL,

for great presents this morning - both the ones I received and that DH and DS liked the ones I gave them,

and that DH has the next week off work.

Hi there!! I'm dropping in real fast while I'm at work.....

#1 - Cereal - I love my cereal

#2 - Tissues/Kleenex - they'd be a disaster if they weren't in a box

#3 - Board Games - we have a lot of them even though we don't play them as much as we used to.

Any 3 Things:
1. My side of the family was all together at my dad’s on Christmas Eve. My mom has passed and the oldest kids (including 2 of mine) are spreading their wings, but everybody showed up and enjoyed each other.
2. We came across a bad accident on our way home from my dad’s with several fire trucks and about 5 police cars. One of my sisters was immediately in front of us and my girls were 2 cars in front of her and I was so thankful we all left when we did and weren’t involved in the crash. Hoping everyone that was involved was safe.
3. Good food and company for the holiday.

Things in boxes:
1. Amazon deliveries—oh Amazon how did I ever shop without you? Saves me so much time.
2. I will second board games—I love to play games—board and card. This is the week we play the most which makes it one of my favorite weeks of the year.
3. Tea—I love black tea. Hot or iced—I enjoy it everyday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter