Three Things...Gratitude Thread

1. Once I get used to the time change, I really love DST! I wish we could keep it all year. Extra sunlight just feels healthier and is great for my mood.

2. This spring has been so weird. All the flowering trees, except the red bud (my favorite) bloomed at the same time, even the magnolias which are usually near the end. It has been stunning, in spite of the allergy challenges. I noticed today that the red buds are starting!

3. I have always loved having my birthday in the spring. It’s such a hopeful time.

Well, I cursed myself. Just this morning I said we'd had a mild winter, and warm weather was just around the corner. Tonight? They are predicting snow to start around 1am on Thursday, wet and heavy, with a total accumulation of about 6" by noon. AND... more to come on Saturday. What the bloody HECK???

Righty Tighty Lefty Lucy - the number of times I say this is in the billions but it’s like the best thing ever to know I just explained it to her a friend of mine this week when she asked me about it I’m like a righty Tighty lefty Lucy she didn’t understand it I had to explain it several terms I’m not sure if she got it or not

I was like doing silly rhymes with my kids and I find myself doing them with my dog all the time just using their names and then coming up with silly rhymes to their name it’s a fun little game you know that song way back in the day

And of course the one for storms
Red skies at night sailors delight rise skies in morning sailors take warning

And then the best one your bonus because y’all know I love horse racing - when it’s late in the day bet on the gray!! 💵

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep."

When DH is pretending to sulk, he'll say, "Fine. I'm going to go eat rutabaga in my Studebaker!" I know, that's only two, and there's a little literary license in there, but he makes me laugh!

Righty tighty/Lefty loosey- multiple times, some days!

When DD was very little we played rhyming games in the car all the time; we'd pick a word and then take turns giving a rhyming word. One day when she was about 4 she offered up the word "orange." When I said there was no rhyme for orange, she said, "Of course there is- Orange rhymes with Corange!" and then laughed like crazy!

Dr. Seuss- I love so much of his work and there's so much rhyming in the mix. I've been getting back into the Sleep Book for my bedtime routine. I know...full grown adult using Dr. Seuss!

Mein Herr Marquis- It's one of my favorite operatic arias and it's my absolute fave for a big audition. I never thought about the rhyming until today. "Mein herr marquis, ein mann vie sie" - now I see it. The self rebuttals in between the separate rhymes also rhyme.

Softball chatter and chants- Not all of them rhyme, but enough do and I guess that's why they're catchy. In the girls' earlier days, that chatter used to stick in my head to the point that I'd start typing at work in rhyming rhythm. It always makes me chuckle.

I took this to mean 3 things that I am grateful for that rhyme together , so here goes:
1. Heat: cold nights are back and I am so happy that I have a working furnace!
2. Main Street: a big smile, every time I enter the MK
3. Eat: So grateful that I can enjoy eating. Watching my parents lose that in their last few years made me so aware of how much I take it for granted.

:banana: TGIF! :banana:

I love the color yellow - such a happy color.

#1 - Daffodils - I love seeing them pop up this time of year

#2 - Softballs 🥎 - DD20 has a double header today. I’m very glad that her college has an awesome live stream so I can watch from work. 41 degrees at first pitch - brrrr……

#3 - My Kitchen - I love a yellow kitchen. My mom’s kitchen was/still is yellow and my kitchen has always been yellow. I like my kitchen to be bright and cheery.

A yellow kitchen sounds homey, warm, and inviting dear Slo :)

WDWEPCOT, sunshine and yellow dogs and flowers for sure :)

Yellow is indeed a warm and upbeat color. A favorite throw blanket of mine has some yellow on it.

Yellow smile touch lights that dad and I got from Walmart years ago still work well (current battery, of course) and make us both smile.

Yellow stuffed canary from a late dear friend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter