Three Things...Gratitude Thread

1. Our first dog as a married couple - Sammy - he was a shetland sheepdog and was so great with the kids when they were babies

2. Seeing animals that the zoo. We have a great zoo where I live (St Louis zoo), but I love to visit other zoos too!

3. Kids with their animals!

1. Our dog, Nala. She was named after Simba’s mate in The Lion King.
2. Olive—my dad’s dog. He rescued her after my mom passed away. She’s given him a new reason to get up every day.
Mickey—childhood dog. He was funny—a little yorkie with a big personality.

Three animals...
1. Our dog Max. He was a rescue and we adopted him about a year and a half ago. I feel bad that he doesn't have the most exciting life, but he's loved.

2. Though she is not a real animal, I will include my son's stuffed sheep "sheepy." She has seen better days, but boy does he love her.

3. All of the dogs I've had throughout my life. They all hold a special place in my heart.

(Wed, 3/20) - 3 things you're grateful for about spring
1. Baseball! Go Cardinals! The home opener for the Cardinals is basically an unofficial holiday in St. Louis. Like @newski_mom, I am the enteral optimist when it comes to the Cardinals, and will also enjoy the little wins along the way.
2. Easter
3. Flowers

(Sat, 3/23) - 3 animals you're grateful for
1. Sloths. Just because I like 'em, I think they're cute, and I relate to their speed. :D
2. Pandas
3. All the cute dogs that I see when I walk around the park... Even the bigger ones, who, I joke, take one look at me and think, "Oooo! It's a my sized human!" *insert laugh/tears emoji*

Good Sunday Morning! :wave:

I have not lived with many people, so my answers will be boring….

#1 - My Parents - They always provided me with a safe and loving home.

#2 - My DH - We didn’t live together until we said “I Do”. We could have, but we decided to wait and I’m grateful we did. I will never forget our wedding night - it was so weird sharing a bed with someone. For a month I barely slept because I just couldn’t get used to sleeping with him.

#3 - My Girls - I loved being a mom with almost every age. I say almost because DD25 was not easy to live with after she tuned 12yrs old. DD20 though has been my easy child at every age.

Dad. Not always easy in a small space but what an amazing blessing to have the safe home we do. God has blessed the two of us extra with this time closer and together, day by day, Led always by Him. I pray to never take that for granted!

We weren't housemates since my childhood but the few years that God graced my life with my beloved grandma as a neighbor as a most precious time.

Not a roommate or housemate but since God brought His now angel Sue into my life, I spent many overnights with her since 2015. From Saturday nights before Easter so I would be close to church (Sue lived 5 minutes away from our church) to weekends when events closed streets out here that would have made my getting to church most difficult to many in between, extra time spent with Sue and Skeeter, her much loved dog, who is overjoyed to get to see Sue again forever in Heaven, made a difference to me.

Grandparents, Champ, and dad growing up without we question were a miracle also from God.

I too have not lived with very many people.
1. DH—I’ve lived with him longer than anyone else. We are a really good team. Our values are similar but we are opposites in many ways. He is an early bird while I am a night owl. It really worked out for me once the kids were on the early schedule for school—he got them up and let me sleep.
2. Daughters—they are grown/nearly grown and I think I will look back on the years we were raising them as the best years—enjoyed having a full house.
3. Nala—she is our dog, but definitely feels like a family member. Once the kids are completely gone I think we will really be glad she’s still with us.

I guess I am grateful for some of my early experiences at home, 1st marriage, roommates, etc. because they taught me what I actually did want and needed to be happy. Living alone was one of the best “flatmate” experiences I ever had. I took that knowledge into my relationship with my DH. I am very grateful for him and what our relationship has become as the years have flown by. I am just going to count him as equivalent to 3 :)

Housemates: For 2 years I rented a 5 bedroom house with 4 of my closest friends, all of whom were guys. It was challenging at times- guys can be messy- but I had my own half-bath so it was OK. I learned a lot about living communally, without the drama I found when living with just women. We had a lot of fun and I learned to like watching sports on TV!

DD/SIL- Our daughter and son-in-law (and his now 7-yo) moved in with us two years ago. It has been a huge adjustment, but it's also been wonderful having them here. It's nice to have other adults to help with the responsibility of keeping up the house, yard, and that kind of stuff, even though they sometimes take a different approach to things than DH and I would. It's also hard sometimes as we have front-row seats to their lives; there are times when I'd like to know less than I do. HOWEVER... I love having them here, having coffee with them in the mornings, talking in the evening after the 7yo is in bed, doing menu planning, sharing chores, etc. I LOVE having all this extra time with my sweet daughter, who is our only child and the light of my life!

For three summers I was a counselor at a Girl Scout resident camp in NH. Every 2 weeks the session changed and the counselors were assigned to different units, which meant new tent/cabin mates every two weeks. I learned a lot about living with other people, adjusting to their habits, and also adjusting MY expectations and habits. I honestly loved being a camp counselor, a large part due to the staff that I met and shared my summers with, but also for the self-growth that happened along the way.

Me too! Loved this movie years ago, then our daughter loved it, and then it became a favorite of our granddaughter. I even bought her a Yellow Submarine bath toy. :)
Saw Ringo years ago at one of his earlier Ringo and His All Star band tours and I kept saying to my husband, “We’re seeing a Beatle!!”

Sounds like DD17! At some point, she screamed to me that she was breathing the same air as a Beatle! The whole All Starr band puts on a great concert. Money well spent!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter