• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Three Things...Gratitude Thread

God's extra gift to me of the music He has put in my heart. I pray it is a way for me to grow closer to and with Him as I sing His praises.

Traditional Christmas music. O Holy Night is my very favorite Carol. Children lifting their voices to God in worship especially at Christmas.

Memories of my years in God's choir at church. I would love to be part of such a choir as called by Him in the future.

Children safely and happily laughing and playing is precious music of its own.

Dad loves classical music. Brings him peace.

I sure do miss record stores !!!

Records / cassettes / CDs - grateful to have them more grateful to have some piece if equipment to play them

Free streaming music - I’m enjoy listening to music at work when I’m in the office and enjoy that we can listen to all types of music from all over the world 🌎

Music in my car - I miss my cd player in my car but do enjoy Sirius so I can listen to all kinds of music in my car !

I often turn music on when I’m cleaning from the options on my cable and crank it up while I clean I feel it makes it go quicker listening to music !! Also if my windows are open my neighbors can enjoy my singing 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Can't post a gratitude for music without addressing the loss we had this week with Mandisa's death. I enjoyed her music.

I am so thankful for streaming music for free all day long at my desk. I listen as much as I am able.

Thankful for car radios, I listen all the time in the car.

Thankful for my son who plays the guitar. He plays in his local church while in college and has gotten pretty good.

(Sat, 4/20) - 3 music-related things you're grateful for

1. I"m grateful for music in my car - I usually listen to Joy FM and agree about the loss of Mandisa. I first saw her on American Idol many years ago

2. I'm grateful for streaming music - makes it nice to hear most anywhere

3. I'm grateful for church music - both the praise band music and the hymns. Our church tends to do a combination of both. I lean more toward the praise music, but would miss the hymns if we never sang them.

🎼🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵

I'm so glad I knew and enjoyed music before streaming. Ahh, the joys of the Top 40 every week; making mix tapes on actual cassette tapes and, like WDWEPCOT said, record stores. :music:

I'm grateful for the many years of the TV show, Top of the Pops. That, and the weekly, Top 40 radio show made listening to music such a shared, social experience. 🎸

I'm grateful for Bob Harris (radio DJ) who is, basically, responsible for the rise in play and popularity of American country music over here. Including, the annual Country 2 Country music weekend. 🎻

1. Apple Music—we have a family subscription. I love that almost anything I want to listen to is available and it is so easy to make playlists.
2. Marching Band—I only did it for 2 years in high school but had fun and made friends.
3. Christmas carols—I really enjoy old favorites and I like hearing new songs as well.

Y - symbol of unity & Balance

I can honestly say I can’t recall if I’ve ever known anyone who’s name started with a Y yet there are some really nice names … anyone in our group have a Y friend or family member ? Are they a symbol of unity & balance ??

Yams 🍠 sneaky way to say sweet potatoes 🍠 still grateful because they are delicious

Yawn - lots of research into this little feature and the issues on people who don’t do it - very interesting reading - I’m grateful I yawn 🥱

Yarn 🧶- I used to know how to knit but didn’t keep up with it - my grandmother used to make such beautiful items and I still have a few she made me when I was a kid - one happy memory was the slippers she made me every year ! ❤️ so grateful for her doing it every year !!!

Yellow Sun 🌞❤️❤️

3 musics:

1. Disney parks background music and attractions music. Pretty much all Disney-related music! I have very old record albums of the music from the MM Club (original) and an Annette album, and maybe a Zorro one? I just love Disney music in all its forms and have for pretty much all my life.

2. Music brought my DH and I together. Our first “date” was me going to see him in concert in the graduate orchestra at his university. So many of the same passions, Beethoven to Beatles, and many, many others.

3. Singing. can’t get through the day without it.

3 Y’s

1. The movie and songs from Yellow Submarine. This love has been passed down from us to our daughter, and now to our granddaughter who always asks to watch the video “In the town where I was born” :)

2. Yogurt

3. Youth: no matter what my age, looking forward rather than back is one of my goals.

I can’t recall if I’ve ever known anyone who’s name started with a Y… anyone in our group have a Y friend or family member ?
1) I do know a Yvonne! - Definitely grateful for her.

2) Seconding the color yellow - especially thinking of yellow Forsythia right now, because they are a major sign of spring here!

3) The word "yet" - a big part of growth mindset teaching:

IMG_1190.jpeg
(Not my creation, just a screenshot from Pinterest)

YYYYYY

Yogurt

Yawning with a good stretch - it's a great release.

Yachts

So pretty on the water

fractional-rig-sloop.jpg

640px-Mackinacislandsailboatsafterporthuronrace2006.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter