Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups ❤️❤️ I’m a little to grateful on these
M&Ms - again too grateful
Chocolate- really just about any kind - Way too grateful I really have a problem
Coffee Ice cream ❤️
Chips - Lays potato chips reg & bar b q & Lime flavored taco chips - can’t keep my hands off them
Very grateful for all but rarely have any in the house because I like them so much I have zero will power and will just eat them up! I also try not to bake anything when my brain says hey a choc cake sounds delicious- I say yup fitting into my clothes sounds better 🤣🤣🤣 have a glass of water and shut up !! Not the same 🤣🤣🙄

Happy Monday! :wave:

#1 - Blizzards or Cold Stone - We don’t get these often, but when we do, I love them 😍

#2 - Pierogies - I can eat these until I want to burst. With DD20 coming home soon, I’ll be making them for dinner. She loves them too and I always tell her it’s because I ate them the night before she was born :goodvibes

#3 - Stuffed Pizza - Another thing that I can eat eat and eat until I can’t move, and another thing that we’ll have soon with DD20 coming home. We share a lot of the same food loves ❤️

Queso Flameado - We went out for a post softball/early Cinco de Mayo meal on Saturday. There's nothing quite like a flaming skillet of cheese and chorizo served with freshly made tortillas. I think DD17's boyfriend made a comment about cholesterol and artery clogging 🤣

Whataburger - Double meat with extra cheese, extra pickles, mayo instead of mustard, and nothing else on the burger along with a whatasized fries with a side of cream gravy. Greasy, fattening, and sooooooooooooo delicious!

Ischler - It is literally the most decadent cookie I have ever consumed. We were walking around Salzburg and we passed a bakery window full of treats. I saw this cookie and determined I needed it. I can't make them at home due to DD17s allergies, but it's two almond shortbread cookies, apricot filling, covered in chocolate, and topped with slivered or chopped almonds.

Indulgent Foods - For me, a big part of the indulgence is paying for someone else to have prepared it!!!

Like a multi-layered cake with plenty of buttercream frosting. 🎂

Or a really good burger. (Couple of great restaurants for that near me.) 🍔

Or a fruity mixed cocktail 🍸

Another indulgence is a tub of Ben & Jerry's, because the 'full price' £ over here is close to $7!! I buy the occasional tub when it's on offer and eat it straight form the tub. That definitely feels like indulgence!!!! 😃

#2 - Pierogies - I can eat these until I want to burst. With DD20 coming home soon, I’ll be making them for dinner. She loves them too and I always tell her it’s because I ate them the night before she was born :goodvibes
My favorite food. ::yes::

1.Pierogies
2.Peanut Buster Parfait from DQ
3.Cheese/cheese ball and crackers

shout out to: Reeses, hot lava cake a la mode, cherry pie, Prantl's burnt almond torte, chips and french onion dip

3 indulgences

1. Dark chocolate: I allow myself a tiny bit each day and savor it for as long as I can

2. Walker Shortbread cookies at Christmas. Other than my sister’s homemade oatmeal squares (such buttery goodness), they are the only sweets I allow myself over the holidays.

3. Anything I eat at WDW that I don’t normally eat at home. Doing all that walking allows me to “cheat” a bit on my diet. Some favorites: falafel at Skipper Canteen, cheddar cheese soup and pretzel bread at Canada, brunch at GF Café, pizza at Via Napoli, Dole Whip, cheesy potatoes at breakfast buffets, grilled cheese and tomato soup at Woody’s Lunchbox….this list cold get quite long and I’m probably forgetting some favorites, but you get the idea. Vacation Food!

Indulgent Foods - For me, a big part of the indulgence is paying for someone else to have prepared it!!!

Like a multi-layered cake with plenty of buttercream frosting. 🎂

Or a really good burger. (Couple of great restaurants for that near me.) 🍔

Or a fruity mixed cocktail 🍸

Another indulgence is a tub of Ben & Jerry's, because the 'full price' £ over here is close to $7!! I buy the occasional tub when it's on offer and eat it straight form the tub. That definitely feels like indulgence!!!! 😃

Excellent point about the indulgence of someone making these things for you. I make plenty of my own drinks at home. We even got one of those bartending machines… sort of a cocktail keurig, but it’s no substitute for someone else crafting my potent potable. Same with cakes… I can make it on my own, but it’s so nice when someone else does the work.

Good Tuesday Morning :wave:

#1 - My DD20’s Professor & Advisor - This lady has been awesome for my DD, just awesome! She is working closely with her to help her complete her bachelor’s degree in 3 years.

#2 - So many HS teachers for both my girls - I can’t say enough good things about them.

#3 - My bosses wife - she’s a teacher in an area that has a lot of poverty and the amount of her own money that she spends on her students is a lot - she even buys some jackets in the winter.

I fondly remember my 3rd grade teacher she was so sweet and nice
I had a high school teacher who I worked for who I had great respect for I thought he was so kind and enjoyed his clsss tremendously
My neighbors growing up - she was a teacher and I used to help her by grading papers and decorating her room before school started this was back in the late 70s early 80s and I thought then as a teen how much work teachers have to do even after they leave school for the day !!

My 9th grade english teacher, Mr. Cunniff.
My 7th grade AND 12th grade science/biology teacher, Mr. Terlizzi.
Mrs. Callahan, who was the teacher in the 8th grade math classes where I first started being an in-class support tech for kids with 504 plans. We never had "her kids" and "my kids;" we each helped whoever needed the help and support. She was kind and generous, and was a good role model for the teacher I hoped to become.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter