Through Spring?

ICan'tWait

Mouseketeer
For all the refurbs listed as closed "through spring" - any guesses on when that might be? Early April? May - right before SW land opens?

I don't think anyone really knows what it means, but it does seem to be an annoying new trend for Disney to give open ended reopening dates for refurbs. If I recall correctly, they announced the recent Matterhorn opening about 2 or 3 weeks before it happened. I do agree that openings will be spread out through the spring.

I'm not sure how to find the refurb list any longer. It is starting to sound like the parks will be half closed when I am there.

Its mainly 2 water rides, 2 night shows and the castle, hardly even close to half the park.

Actually, more than just that. With both astroribtors and the sailing ship columbia in refurbishment as well. But perhaps I was a bit dramatic. When you get to go to Disney infrequently (I am lucky. I have gone to Disneyland 6 times in the last 21 years), it is always a let down when things are closed.

I am happy that I will get to see the Haunted Mansion in it's ghostly version (the last 4 visits have been at Christmas or Halloween time). I will also get to see the new skins in DCA (was able to ride Twilight Zone Tower of Terror the last time we were there...about 2 months before it closed for the new overlay).

I wait to hear if the Mickey nighttime program is going ahead at Disneyland. And I have read that Food and Wine will be running while we are there (something I have never done).

Actually, more than just that. With both astroribtors and the sailing ship columbia in refurbishment as well. But perhaps I was a bit dramatic. When you get to go to Disney infrequently (I am lucky. I have gone to Disneyland 6 times in the last 21 years), it is always a let down when things are closed.

I am happy that I will get to see the Haunted Mansion in it's ghostly version (the last 4 visits have been at Christmas or Halloween time). I will also get to see the new skins in DCA (was able to ride Twilight Zone Tower of Terror the last time we were there...about 2 months before it closed for the new overlay).

I wait to hear if the Mickey nighttime program is going ahead at Disneyland. And I have read that Food and Wine will be running while we are there (something I have never done).

We go to WDW multiple times a year and will be in DL at the end of feb/beg of march and while its a bit annoying in the big picture it really isn't that much. Plus this way it saves me tons of money since I won't be booking the dining packages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter