Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you to all the posters. I was able to score FoP on our checkout day (day 61) ... and when I went today to check something at 7am, those FP were all gone. So even though they are late (7:30), they have FP. They are going to do EMH in the morning and be there early ... take a break at the offsite hotel... and then go back for round 2!

our question: I think I understand it correctly, is there any reason we need to physically go to the campsite?
- We have completed the online checkin process.
- We will have the MBs in advance.
- they are using EMH on the checkout day.
- FPs are all booked.

thanks all.

Do you have to go "check in" at the throw away resort? I have tickets and magic bands linked already.

Do you have to go "check in" at the throw away resort? I have tickets and magic bands linked already.
From the OP:
Do I need to actually check-in?

With the advent of online check-in, most guests do not even show up at the resort. If you check-in online, your MB is already active and can be used for Theme Park parking, FP+ and EMH.

In the past we have always been able to book a one night stay and make our seven days of fast pass reservations. Today is our 60 day mark but the website is only allowing me to make FPs for the length of our stay (one night/two days). A call to Disney only gets a CM who says of course you can't book seven days of FS - you never could. Has this changed? Thanks!

Penny

In the past we have always been able to book a one night stay and make our seven days of fast pass reservations. Today is our 60 day mark but the website is only allowing me to make FPs for the length of our stay (one night/two days). A call to Disney only gets a CM who says of course you can't book seven days of FS - you never could. Has this changed? Thanks!

Penny
Are you sure you did that with a 1-night throwaway room? I don’t think I’ve ever heard that being an option. Though every morning the 60-day window will roll forward another day, so you can continue to book your FPS early.

Penny
I think you're remembering incorrectly. You will be able to book 60 days out for the entirety of your onsite stay. The rest of the days will open up individually 60 days at a time. It has been this way since FP+ was introduced.

It's explained in the first post of this thread.

Penny
The CM is correct. You can only book the two days of the stay together. Then each subsequent day opens up at 60 days one by one. This has always been the case

Hi Everyone,

I Need a little help:worship: So here's my scenario: And thank you in advance for everyone's patience.

And a a great big Thank You to HiroMYHero for all your patience and help..

So here goes.~~ This is the first time i am booking a throwaway campsite at $77 per night which is total with tax etc. We are offsite this vacation week.

We are going down October 27th to Nov. 3rd. My DD and i just got back from Christmas~ New Year week. But now im going with Dh and i'd like to get FP+ for FOP for him and of course any new TSL rides we can get.

The dates for our Throwaway rooms are Sunday and Monday 10/28-10/29 and Thursday and Friday 11/1-11/2. We have MNSSHP on Tuesday 10/30 and Wednesdays a free day.

I understand all the benefits and now the free parking is a bonus as we're driving from CT.:drive:

But here's where i need a lot of help. When can i make my FP+ for the later dates of 11/1-11/2 because i heard its better to try for the last days first. But that scenario was when we stayed on site. Should i try for Fop and SD with our first throw away dates?? so confused.

And what are my chances for scoring FP+ for FOP or SD(slinky Dog) in TSL with any of these dates.

. I realize i have to wait to book FP+ for the later dates since we have a 2 day break in the middle. What dates in August can i start booking? i'm confused because some months have 31 days:confused3

I forgot to mention we have 5 day hoppers
Thank You:thanks:
Liz:rose:

When can i make my FP+ for the later dates of 11/1-11/2 because i heard its better to try for the last days first.
Your booking window opens 61 days out thanks to your first Stay’s rolling window: Saturday Sept 1st is when you can book FPs.

These really aren’t “last days” because you have two separate onsite Stays with offsite in between. Do you really need this 2nd Throwaway?

What dates in August can i start booking?
August 29th for Stay#1.

Your booking window opens 61 days out thanks to your first Stay’s rolling window: Saturday Sept 1st is when you can book FPs.

These really aren’t “last days” because you have two separate onsite Stays with offsite in between. Do you really need this 2nd Throwaway?

August 29th for Stay#1.

Thank you for your help. So now you have me questioning myself if we really need the other reservation. I only thought having that reservation would give me a better chance to getting FP+ for FOP and TSL Slinky Dog. I was going to go to HS on Thursday and AK on Friday.

But if im understanding you correctly i can make FP+ for Thursday and Friday on a rolling 60+. Do i still have a good chance of getting FOP and SD in TSL?

Thank you for all your help. I greatly appreciate your time and patience.

But if im understanding you correctly i can make FP+ for Thursday and Friday on a rolling 60+. Do i still have a good chance of getting FOP and SD in TSL?
That rolling 60 opens up those 2 park days so it’s the equivalent of booking Studios @ 60 +1, and, AK @ 60 + 2.

That may be good enough for FoP but I’m not sure about SDD...that will be the highest priority ride for TSL.

If you are staying at an offsite hotel, you may want to check the Disney Springs Hotels...they have the 60-day window and EMH.
Disney Springs area Hotel Guests: 60-Day FP Booking Now In Effect: *No Packages Needed*

Yes Thank you we do have a hotel.
Actually we own a timeshare And its been a while since we've used it. We love FQ and have been staying there for most of our trips :goodvibes.

So if i did cancel our 11/1 stay we wouldn't get free parking for HS and AK days? Correct?:confused3

Thank you again

So if i did cancel our 11/1 stay we wouldn't get free parking for HS and AK days? Correct?:confused3
That’s correct.

If you want to keep the 11/1 stay and Cancel your first Stay, that works, too.

When your FP window opens for 11/1, you can book for all your park days...all offsite park days will be in the open booking window.

I am just now reading this post and am scheduled to go arrive next month. Is it too late to book a throwaway room and get my magic bands shipped in time? Also, how does the free parking work with online check-in (since I will not be arriving on site)?

I am just now reading this post and am scheduled to go arrive next month. Is it too late to book a throwaway room and get my magic bands shipped in time? Also, how does the free parking work with online check-in (since I will not be arriving on site)?

If you are getting your Magic Bands shipped, your reservation should be on your bands. Simply scan your band for the free parking, right?

If you don't order soon enough for the magic bands to be mailed, you can pick them up in advance at the resort where you made your reservation (you can pick them up before the day of your reservation if you don't want to waste park time on the day of).

If you don't order soon enough for the magic bands to be mailed, you can pick them up in advance at the resort where you made your reservation (you can pick them up before the day of your reservation if you don't want to waste park time on the day of).
Is this new, because I’ve only ever heard of being able to pick up your bands from the resort on check in day

Is this new, because I’ve only ever heard of being able to pick up your bands from the resort on check in day
It’s not new. People who reserve a room close to their check-in date have to pick up MBs at the front desk to enter their rooms and can do it a few days ahead of time.

It’s usually grey bands for those who book last minute or walk-up to book.

Why would someone do this?

Although offsite guests can now make 30 day advanced FP+ reservations, there are still advantages to making a throwaway room reservation if you are staying offsite:

1. 60 day + advanced FP+ reservations for the length of stay of your throwaway room, including the check-in and check-out days, up to the number of ticket entitlements you have. Days do not need to be Even a one day throwaway room has a significant advantage here, which will be explained in a minute.

2. Magic bands (MB) for everyone on the reservation.

3. Free parking at Theme Parks for the length of stay of your throwaway room, including the check-in and check-out days.

4. Admission to Extra Magic Hours (EMH)

5. Advanced dining reservations (ADR) 180 days prior to check in for the entire length of stay ("180 +10")

Is it worth it?

I'm trying to decide if it's better to book the throw away room for much earlier than my actual than I plan to visit the park to get access to the ADR's, or just book it for the free parking and magic bands?

For Example: If I'm planning to visit the parks August 28-29, but will be in FL August 24-31. Is it better to book for the room for the dates we want to visit the park or for the August 24-25th?

If I'm understanding this correctly if we book the throw away room for 8/24 we would be able to make our ADR for the 28th-29th, anyway. Correct?

I really want to have lunch at BOG and Cinderella's tables on those two dates. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter