Throwback Nite & Star Wars Nite announcements

I just saw this! We bought tickets for Princess Nite because we thought Star Wars nite wasn't happening. We did go last year and had a great time!

"Certain attractions and offerings may not be available during the event , including without limitation, Indiana Jones Adventure, Matterhorn Bobsleds, Mickey’s Toontown and Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance."

Uh, wha??? $150 and you might not even get to go on RotR??

"Certain attractions and offerings may not be available during the event , including without limitation, Indiana Jones Adventure, Matterhorn Bobsleds, Mickey’s Toontown and Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance."

Uh, wha??? $150 and you might not even get to go on RotR??
I thought the inclusion of Matterhorn was interesting. Makes me think it will be down for refurb.

I will be there during 2 of these dates, Im wondering is it worth it to go if you are a casual star wars fan, I like it but not fanatical. I s ther eenough to see and do to justify the cost?

I will be there during 2 of these dates, Im wondering is it worth it to go if you are a casual star wars fan, I like it but not fanatical. I s ther eenough to see and do to justify the cost?
I think it would be. One of the cool things is there are less people in the park. When we went most rides were walk-on. They also have special food and different fireworks, tons of people dress up. We didn't bother with photo ops or meet and greets, just enjoyed the park and the Star Warsy fun.

Same here. We have 3 of us, none huge Star Wars fans. And the next question: how to get the tickets. We are staying at GCH (VGC), is there any advantage to that?

Ugh, first they add grad night and now 2 of the Star Wars nights were when I had planned to go.

Same here. We have 3 of us, none huge Star Wars fans. And the next question: how to get the tickets. We are staying at GCH (VGC), is there any advantage to that?

Tickets go on sale next week. They likely will sell out quickly, particularly 5/4.

For Oogie Boogie Bash the on-site hotels have had limited day-of sales to hotel guests, but I don’t know if they’ve done that for DAD events.

I'm there during the Throwback Nite. Is it worth it? Not sure that DL with a sock hop vibe is my thing or not but open to it.

Last edited:
Decisions, decisions. Our departure day is scheduled for May 2nd...should we extend the trip by one day to go to this?? Sounds like it would be fun! Especially because we were there for Star Wars Land opening day (first group in! So fun).

Went to Star Wars last year on May 4th and it was cool to do but a one time for me. Doing the throwback night this time as I really do like the after hour parties. Looking forward to seeing how it compares.

Is anyone planning on being at DLR on 4/20? (even if not going to throwback nite)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter