Tiana’s Palace Restaurant Opening September 7th and Ahsoka is Coming to Galaxy’s Edge

JerrodDragon89

DIS Veteran

I'm calling BS on the press release. I find it hard to believe someone like Tiana with a passion for food and cooking would dream of opening a counter-service restaurant in a theme park. :laughing:

I'm hopeful that the change of French Market into Tiana's Palace means some menu and quality improvements. I don't often complain about the food at Disney, but it used to be a consistently good spot. Then... it wasn't. Last couple visits were awful. So fingers crossed! (It definitely looks beautiful on the outside!)

Also, the Ahsoka they have in the announcement pictures looks FANTASTIC. She looks quite similar to Rosario Dawson and her costume/makeup look perfect.

I never liked the food at French Market, so I'm hoping they have some authentic tasty food with the new concept.
Also, I think Quick Service doesn't fit Tiana's dream, but it looks beautiful.

The menu looks good.
Tiana's Palace Menu

I wonder what changes will come to the Blue Bayou menu. Having two creole restaurants would make no sense, or am I out of touch and the Blue Bayou is set for the chopping block?

Two Announcements were dropped by Disney today.

Tiana’s Palace Restaurant Set to Open in Disneyland Park on September 7, 2023

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-open-in-disneyland-park-on-september-7-2023/

Ahsoka Tano will soon be meeting with guests in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge starting on August 23, 2023.
https://dapsmagic.com/2023/08/ahsoka-is-coming-to-star-wars-galaxys-edge-at-disneyland/
Bumping this thread up to current date. My wife’s heard from others the the food at Tiana’s has not been very good. We have a trip early next year and I wanted to try it out.

Anyone have recent experience on the food care to comment?

Bumping this thread up to current date. My wife’s heard from others the the food at Tiana’s has not been very good. We have a trip early next year and I wanted to try it out.

Anyone have recent experience on the food care to comment?

I went the week after they opened, so not sure if that's considered recent. (Mid September.) Personally, I really enjoyed it. I had the house gumbo and the cornbread. The gumbo was very flavorful (but spicy, so that's a warning to anyone who can't handle spice). The cornbread was very good (but I will warn that it is was not warm, if anyone is expecting it to be).

I was on a solo trip, but the table next to me all enjoyed their food as well. They had the cajun chicken, and the beef po-boy. And I've heard that the shrimp and grits is probably the best item on the menu (but I don't eat shrimp, so I'll never know).

Reviews have varied, that is for sure. But, I do think a lot of it boils down to personal tastes (like it's not genuine Creole to people from New Orleans, but it may be TOO Creole from people who aren't used to that sort of food). Or a lack of consistency in the quality/service. That may be better now that they've been open for a while, and maybe someone here has been more recently and knows.

Honestly, it's hard to trust a lot of online opinions on Disneyland food anymore. If something is getting nothing but positives across the board, then, yeah, it's probably good. But if the opinions sway wildly, then it's really about personal taste and consistency when it comes to quality.

I went the week after they opened, so not sure if that's considered recent. (Mid September.) Personally, I really enjoyed it. I had the house gumbo and the cornbread. The gumbo was very flavorful (but spicy, so that's a warning to anyone who can't handle spice). The cornbread was very good (but I will warn that it is was not warm, if anyone is expecting it to be).

I was on a solo trip, but the table next to me all enjoyed their food as well. They had the cajun chicken, and the beef po-boy. And I've heard that the shrimp and grits is probably the best item on the menu (but I don't eat shrimp, so I'll never know).

Reviews have varied, that is for sure. But, I do think a lot of it boils down to personal tastes (like it's not genuine Creole to people from New Orleans, but it may be TOO Creole from people who aren't used to that sort of food). Or a lack of consistency in the quality/service. That may be better now that they've been open for a while, and maybe someone here has been more recently and knows.

Honestly, it's hard to trust a lot of online opinions on Disneyland food anymore. If something is getting nothing but positives across the board, then, yeah, it's probably good. But if the opinions sway wildly, then it's really about personal taste and consistency when it comes to quality.
Hey thanks so much!

We were also at Disneyland the last week of September, and wanted to try Tiana's Palace so we mobile-ordered our dinner earlier in the day (like around mid-morning).

Our order pickup time was about 5:30, so prime dinner rush. It was a bit chaotic - we had to wait until someone started leaving and then hover over their table to snag it, and it was kind of awkward (but, again, it was dinner so we expected that). Once we were seated, my husband went to the mobile order pickup window to get our order. While I get that it is more efficient to do it that way, it meant we missed out on being able to see the inside of the restaurant. Also, when you mobile order your food is given to you in to-go containers (vs. people doing "walk up" and got their food on plates). Again, I'm sure it's for efficiency but it took away from the experience. Plus, our food was luke-warm at best (and we were on time for our pickup).

As far as the food was concerned, we ordered the house gumbo (which was good, but probably would have been better hot), the muffuletta sandwich with the red beans and rice (all good flavors but the sandwich was a tad salty), my son had the ham and cheese sandwich (he loved it), and we tried the beignet (I wasn't a fan, my husband liked it, but we both agreed we still love the beignets from Jazz Kitchen in DTD better).

Yeah, the finding a table thing is still an issue at any given time - we stopped by second half of October on three days, at different times. I think part of the issue is that especially the tables near the mobile order window are used by people waiting for their Cafe Orleans reservation and it turned into an unofficial waiting area.

I had the chicken twice, cornbread with it once and beignets twice (one visit was dessert only because there was no line).

The chicken orders were both mobile orders. The first time the chicken was barely lukewarm. The second time it was so hot I had to let it cool down a little.

No experience whatsoever with Creole food, but I liked it. I wouldn't even call it spicy. I don't like spicy food, but it was perfectly okay for me. The cornbread was perfect. The begnets sadly were so so - second try definitely better than the first, but I wasn't a fan.

We just went in October and ordered in person. There was a line, but it was pretty short. My husband and I got the 7 greens gumbo and the PoBoy. We liked both a lot. We also enjoyed the beans and rice on the side as well as the pickles. I will note that the gumbo, despite being delicious, looks like a pile of slop, but that's gumbo. My kids all got the mac and cheese and finished their plates. I tasted a small bite and thought it was pretty good-- much better than regular theme park mac and cheese. The bengiets were a hit with my family.
We had no issues with seating. The area for non-mobile order seemed closed off and was managed by a cast member.
The best part was meeting Tiana when we were in line to order. My daughters are big fans and were so happy to see her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter