Ticket and Fastpass Question

RockyMtnMom

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I thought I had my summer plans all figured out, but may have run into a glitch...or maybe I an overthinking this!

My family has a two-week package (tickets and room) already booked for this summer. My eldest (over 18) daughter is joining us for the second week. I got advice here months ago to have her buy tickets separately and just add her to the reservation when she arrived, paying only for the nights she will be there, and arranging for her Magical Express transportation to the resort. This will work out perfectly for us, but I am now wondering how this works with Fastpasses. I had initially thought that as long as she links her tickets to my MDE that I could make Fastpass reservations for her with us at the 60-day mark. But I recently read another thread that said that, because a latecomer in the same situation as my daughter will not show up on the resort reservation until the earlier party arrive for their stay, that the latecomer can only make their Fastpasses 30 days out. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!

:)

But I recently read another thread that said that, because a latecomer in the same situation as my daughter will not show up on the resort reservation until the earlier party arrive for their stay, that the latecomer can only make their Fastpasses 30 days out. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!

:)

The above is correct.

A person with valid tickets and a resort room reservation can book their FP+ at 60 days. However, a person with valid tickets and no resort room reservation can only book FP+ on a rolling 30-day schedule (ie: a person can book FP+ today for 3/18, tomorrow for 3/19, etc).

The above is correct.

A person with valid tickets and a resort room reservation can book their FP+ at 60 days. However, a person with valid tickets and no resort room reservation can only book FP+ on a rolling 30-day schedule (ie: a person can book FP+ today for 3/18, tomorrow for 3/19, etc).

That is NOT correct.

According to the FP sticky:
Onsite Guests - 60 Days Before Check-in Date:
  • Guests staying at WDW owned and operated resorts (including DVC) with a room/ticket package.
  • Guests staying at WDW owned and operated resorts (including DVC) with a room-only reservation and valid tickets booked separately and linked to an MDX account.
  • Guests staying at the Four Seasons Resort Orlando, Swan, Dolphin, or Shades Of Green resorts and valid tickets linked to an MDX account.
  • Guests staying at any of the following Disney Springs-area hotels and valid tickets linked to an MDX account: B Resort & Spa, Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort, DoubleTree Guest Suites by Hilton Orlando, Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista Palace, Hilton Orlando Resort Lake Buena Vista, Holiday Inn Orlando, Wyndham Lake Buena Vista, and Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista.
  • Guests linked to or listed on an onsite guest's MDX account (controlled by the onsite guest) and valid tickets linked.

That is NOT correct.

According to the FP sticky:
Onsite Guests - 60 Days Before Check-in Date:
  • Guests staying at WDW owned and operated resorts (including DVC) with a room/ticket package.
  • Guests staying at WDW owned and operated resorts (including DVC) with a room-only reservation and valid tickets booked separately and linked to an MDX account.
  • Guests staying at the Four Seasons Resort Orlando, Swan, Dolphin, or Shades Of Green resorts and valid tickets linked to an MDX account.
  • Guests staying at any of the following Disney Springs-area hotels and valid tickets linked to an MDX account: B Resort & Spa, Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort, DoubleTree Guest Suites by Hilton Orlando, Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista Palace, Hilton Orlando Resort Lake Buena Vista, Holiday Inn Orlando, Wyndham Lake Buena Vista, and Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista.
  • Guests linked to or listed on an onsite guest's MDX account (controlled by the onsite guest) and valid tickets linked.

This is correct - just make sure in advance that you're connected on F&F and you each have valid tickets attached to the account.

Just adding that @sharonabe is correct. My daughter's stay starts a day before ours and she was able to book our FP with hers at 60 days this past Saturday. We have APs and are linked in her F&F. You will not be able to include your daughter for any days before the start date on her ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter