Ticket and MDE question....

hsmamato2

<font color=magenta>Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad
I have some days left on NE park tix, that I converted to the MDE site on my last trip (haven't used them since adding them) so I have about 6 days of entry in my name.... But on an upcoming trip I DON'T want to use these tickets,as we found a deal we want to use instead. I can do this,right? Does it have something to do with priority,and what are the chances Disney will get this wrong,and I will use a day on my (old,NE tix) that I am saving? (MDE pretty much hates me lol) The new tix I want to use are expiring after the trip date,so I need to be sure....

You'll need to stop at Guest Services and have them "prioritize" the tickets on your account.

Urgh...... why oh why? Guest services (for me at least) means a chunk of time and frustration..... how bad is this usually? do people try this,and then get burned with the wrong tickets? what if I don't have a MB, just use the RFID tickets,does that change anything? If I did that, can I input any FP+ I need,and still use just the RFID tix? (not paying for MB offsite)

Hmmmm to create a whole new profile,I would just start with a new email? but all my info remains the same so I can do that? I just want the option that works the best.... now I wish I hadn't added those tickets last trip-

Relax OP it's not that hard. Yes you have to go to GR and get the tickets that you want to use "prioritized" so that they will be the ones used at the tapstiles. GR should know how to do this pretty easily. This way is a lot less hassle than creating a new MDE account.

Wait... to prioritize- how do I make a FP+ if I have a new ticket added? if I do add the current ticket I want to use, then ask them prioritize when I get there,what will happen?

I thought I read here that you could add a new "phantom" person on your MDE account list and transfer your old ticket to him-her. Then transfer ticket back to yourself at a later time. I wouldn't know the details about how to do it.

I can't do that, the tix that are on my MDE are in my name, since they were tail end parts of old NE hoppers that I wanted to get organized with.... now they are non transferable since they're technically partially used and in my name(that's what I get for trying to organize this stuff)

If you already have your tickets linked into your MDE, try giving the internet help desk a call - I'm sure they can help get you all squared away.

:flower1:

I can't do that, the tix that are on my MDE are in my name, since they were tail end parts of old NE hoppers that I wanted to get organized with.... now they are non transferable since they're technically partially used and in my name(that's what I get for trying to organize this stuff)
Good point. I didn't consider that. Thx.

another question- if I have my 'old' tickets in my MDE, and I add my new tix, they each have their own RFID cards now,right? (when I converted all my old NE tix, they gave me one RFID card which combined the leftover days onto one media) And these 2 RFID media aren't interchangeable,is that correct? (the old is on the previous rfid card, my new tix are on their own card) so if they aren't interchangeable, then I will be able to easily see that the system is using the proper tix for entry, do I have this right? So I register my tix on MDE, and bring my (new) tix to the gate and swipe, it should be simple(?)
But if I make FP+, they will just be in my MDE,and would work on either (new or old) ticket?

If you swipe the actual hard ticket to enter the parks, you'll be safe.

FPs are stored in your MDE account. The ticket or MB just provides the link to them. You can swipe either one at the FP tapstiles.

another question- if I have my 'old' tickets in my MDE, and I add my new tix, they each have their own RFID cards now,right? (when I converted all my old NE tix, they gave me one RFID card which combined the leftover days onto one media) And these 2 RFID media aren't interchangeable,is that correct? (the old is on the previous rfid card, my new tix are on their own card) so if they aren't interchangeable, then I will be able to easily see that the system is using the proper tix for entry, do I have this right? So I register my tix on MDE, and bring my (new) tix to the gate and swipe, it should be simple(?)
But if I make FP+, they will just be in my MDE,and would work on either (new or old) ticket?

Okay to clear something up. You have Old ticket "A" linked to your MDE account from a previous trip and you were given a plastic RFID Card for ticket "A". Now you have purchased ticket "B" that you want to use instead. You link ticket "B" to your MDE account. ANY piece of media that is associated to you on that account will now have both of those tickets on them. Your magicband will have both ticket "A" and ticket "B" on them, The physical card that was ticket "A" will have both ticket "A" and "B" on them and if you have a physical card for ticket "B" it will also have ticket "A" and "B" on them. All pieces of media, whether they be magicbands or card are INTERCHANGEABLE.

You are making this more complicated than it needs to be, please do not create additional versions of yourself or separate accounts, as this will likely cause you problems down the road, which will waste your vacation time. All you need to do is visit any Ticketing window before entering the first park to ensure the ticket you want to use is prioritized correctly. It does not need to be GR. The line may look short at GR but moves slowly. Visit a ticket window and they can do the same thing for you. The gate will pull from the first available ticket, so if your NE one is listed first it will take that one from you whether you intended to use it or not.

Okay to clear something up. ANY piece of media that is associated to you on that account will now have both of those tickets on them. Your magicband will have both ticket "A" and ticket "B" on them, The physical card that was ticket "A" will have both ticket "A" and "B" on them and if you have a physical card for ticket "B" it will also have ticket "A" and "B" on them. All pieces of media, whether they be magicbands or card are INTERCHANGEABLE.
this is true???? wow.... So once I input my new RFID tix, all the days I have available,including the older ones are all in ONE ticket now?(my head is spinning)
* I am very,very leery of the Disney technology,since my last trip was pretty bad, technologically.Very,very messed up.*
That said- if this is true, and ALL ticket media is interchangeable b/c it's all in the MDE, then it's even more imperative to keep them separate,as my current use tix I need to link will expire, whereas my old tix are NE,and that is very important. Dang- I had thought if I just kept the tickets separate it would be simple.:confused:
(sorry to say but I have to yet again, I don't like the MDE and FP+)

Okay to clear something up. You have Old ticket "A" linked to your MDE account from a previous trip and you were given a plastic RFID Card for ticket "A". Now you have purchased ticket "B" that you want to use instead. You link ticket "B" to your MDE account. ANY piece of media that is associated to you on that account will now have both of those tickets on them. Your magicband will have both ticket "A" and ticket "B" on them, The physical card that was ticket "A" will have both ticket "A" and "B" on them and if you have a physical card for ticket "B" it will also have ticket "A" and "B" on them. All pieces of media, whether they be magicbands or card are INTERCHANGEABLE.

Another tidbit I have never heard before and would not expect. So, by that reasoning, my MNSSHP ticket will have all of my NE park entry days on it too? I was planning to use my party ticket to enter the park, which I have done in the past, but if ALL ticket media associated with my MDE account is on every linked card, then it follows that my party ticket could pull a park day instead.

I have some old tickets with just water park days only on them linked also, and was planning to use the actual ticket to enter the water park. Again, does this mean a WP visit from my current NE ticket could be used instead?

You are making this more complicated than it needs to be, please do not create additional versions of yourself or separate accounts, as this will likely cause you problems down the road, which will waste your vacation time. All you need to do is visit any Ticketing window before entering the first park to ensure the ticket you want to use is prioritized correctly. It does not need to be GR. The line may look short at GR but moves slowly. Visit a ticket window and they can do the same thing for you. The gate will pull from the first available ticket, so if your NE one is listed first it will take that one from you whether you intended to use it or not.

I have bolded the part I am commenting about... Is an RFID card the same as the ticket that you would get from Undercovertourist (I don't know what RFID stands for)? If so, how in the world could this possibly be true?!?!

I tend to agree with this:
If you swipe the actual hard ticket to enter the parks, you'll be safe.

FPs are stored in your MDE account. The ticket or MB just provides the link to them. You can swipe either one at the FP tapstiles.

Hin my question I am referring to the plastic card that is a ticket, i have gotten it from undercover tourist,and i was given one like it at GS,for my old tix. It looks like a credit card and has a stripe on the back.

Another tidbit I have never heard before and would not expect. So, by that reasoning, my MNSSHP ticket will have all of my NE park entry days on it too? I was planning to use my party ticket to enter the park, which I have done in the past, but if ALL ticket media associated with my MDE account is on every linked card, then it follows that my party ticket could pull a park day instead.

I have some old tickets with just water park days only on them linked also, and was planning to use the actual ticket to enter the water park. Again, does this mean a WP visit from my current NE ticket could be used instead?
Tickets are individually linked to your MDE ticket area. By using the plastic MNSSHP ticket at the entrance, only the MNSSHP ticket entitlement is deducted from your MDE account.

MDE is a storage area. All tickets are linked TO MDE but are not linked to each other.

1. Is an RFID card the same as the ticket that you would get from Undercovertourist

2. (I don't know what RFID stands for)? '

3. If so, how in the world could this possibly be true?!?!

1. Yes.
2. Radio Frequency IDentification.
3. The tickets, themselves, are irrelevant to their actual "unique usefulness."
They are connected to your MDE account and can access any or all of the tickets and FP+, etc. on fall there.

Just to keep things as clear as possible-

There is no reservation info, or ticket info, or credit card info,
or FP+ info "put onto" a MagicBand or RFID ticket.

A MagicBand just contains (and weakly "transmits") a unique serial number that is used to access the information that is stored in your MyDisneyExperience computer file.

So, even if you were to lose a MagicBand, the info stays locked in your file.

Disney can just set up a new band (different serial number)

to access the info in your MDE file.

Disney can also issue ADDITIONAL MB's to a guest and each

additional band can be used for the same purposes as the first band.

So, yes, there can be multiple MB's per person, and each of them can be used by that person.

The MagicBand works like the combination to a locked safe, or a key to a locked door.

The MB, itself, is not the file of info or the container of the info.

The MB just unlocks the file of info, allowing it to be accessed from your MDE account when needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter