Ticket and MDE question....

Robo- I am so glad you are here!:thumbsup2 So it is true, all tickets can be accessed through any of my linked tickets.... which makes it complicated- so that one RFID that I have already, once I input my new tix,(physical tix) the media is interchangeable? hence the need for visiting a ticket window before use. (did I get it right?) Thanks to *wishescount for bringing this to our attention too- I had no idea! This seems so confusing- the idea that the physical tix actually don't mean anything? (or are interchangeable?) the actual entry ticket is IN the MDE, and the ticket just provides the access when it scans for entry? I won't be using a MB,since I lost mine from the last trip;)

Robo- I am so glad you are here!:thumbsup2 So it is true, all tickets can be accessed through any of my linked tickets.... which makes it complicated- so that one RFID that I have already, once I input my new tix,(physical tix) the media is interchangeable? hence the need for visiting a ticket window before use. (did I get it right?) Thanks to *wishescount for bringing this to our attention too- I had no idea! This seems so confusing- the idea that the physical tix actually don't mean anything? (or are interchangeable?) the actual entry ticket is IN the MDE, and the ticket just provides the access when it scans for entry? I won't be using a MB,since I lost mine from the last trip;)

I doubt you'd have trouble if you simply use the original ticket at the gate.
I can't see that you could accidentally access ticket "B" from ticket "A."
(But, if ticket "B" was linked to your MDE account, if you only had ticket "A" with you,
Guest Relations could re-issue to you another copy of ticket "B" if you left "B" at home.)

My general point is that nothing is "put onto" your ticket.
It can be used for FP+ without having anything "added to" it.

Last edited:
@Robo see, I guess this is where it gets confusing for us mortals.... Once I choose fp+, it can attach to whichever hard ticket media I use to enter,right? and if I use only ticket B(the newly purchased expiring tix) to enter the park, is there any chance that the 'system' will accidentally 'use' a day off ticket A? (old NE tix)

If you scan Ticket B at the entrance tapstiles, the system only deducts a park entitlement from Ticket B.

Using Ticket B does not allow the system to touch Ticket A for park entrance.

Ticket B allows the system to access your FP data when you tap at FP tapstiles.

If you scan Ticket B at the entrance tapstiles, the system only deducts a park entitlement from Ticket B.

Using Ticket B does not allow the system to touch Ticket A for park entrance.

Ticket B allows the system to access your FP data when you tap a FP tapstiles.
according to Robo and wishes, this is not 100% accurate (?) I am asking in detail,b/c I figure a lot of other readers might have this same question

according to Robo and wishes, this is not 100% accurate (?) I am asking in detail,b/c I figure a lot of other readers might have this same question
You have received incorrect info by some. @Robo is correct, as always, and using a hard plastic ticket only allows access to the entitlements on that specific ticket.

A MagicBand allows access to all stored data - that's when prioritizing is mandatory. Because you won't be using a lost MagicBand, you will be safe using Ticket B.

Ticket B allows the system to access your FP data when you tap at FP tapstiles.

While true in one respect (you can enter the park with any valid ticket,) as long as all of your ticket media are linked to your MDE account, the fact that you scanned Ticket B for park entry at the tap stile does not directly affect your FP+ reservations one way or another.

Meaning, if you scanned in at the park gate with Ticket B, you could still access your FP+ if you then used Ticket A at the FP+ tap stile.

(Now, we're getting into the fine points of this complex system.)

While true in one respect (you can enter the park with any valid ticket,) as long as all of your ticket media are linked to your MDE account, the fact that you scanned Ticket B for park entry at the tap stile does not directly affect your FP+ reservations one way or another.

Meaning, if you scanned in at the park gate with Ticket B, you could still access your FP+ if you then used Ticket A at the FP+ tap stile.

(Now, we're getting into the fine points of this complex system.)
Replied only because PP will be using Ticket B and not a MagicBand which she has lost.

I think the confusion in this thread is that a specific RFID ticket at the entrance tapstile only links to specific RFID linked to MDE. A hard ticket for DHS or AK can't access a MK entitlement at MK. But, if a MagicBand is tapped at the MK entrance tapstile, the system searches for the first MK entitlement to use.

Thinking that a ticket linked to MDE allows access to all ticket entitlements is incorrect. A linked MNSSHP ticket would not allow access to MK on a non-party day.

1. Yes.
2. Radio Frequency IDentification.
3. The tickets, themselves, are irrelevant to their actual "unique usefulness."
They are connected to your MDE account and can access any or all of the tickets and FP+, etc. on fall there.

Just to keep things as clear as possible-

The MagicBand works like the combination to a locked safe, or a key to a locked door.
The MB, itself, is not the file of info or the container of the info.
The MB just unlocks the file of info, allowing it to be accessed from your MDE account when needed.
Thanks! (I shortened your answer for my response here) :)

I doubt you'd have trouble if you simply use the original ticket at the gate.
I can't see that you could accidentally access ticket "B" from ticket "A."
(But, if ticket "B" was linked to your MDE account, if you only had ticket "A" with you,
Guest Relations could re-issue to you another copy of ticket "B" if you left "B" at home.)

My general point is that nothing is "put onto" your ticket.
It can be used for FP+ without having anything "added to" it.

...I'm following this

Replied only because PP will be using Ticket B and not a MagicBand which she has lost.

I think the confusion in this thread is that a specific RFID ticket at the entrance tapstile only links to specific RFID linked to MDE. A hard ticket for DHS or AK can't access a MK entitlement at MK. But, if a MagicBand is tapped at the MK entrance tapstile, the system searches for the first MK entitlement to use.

Thinking that a ticket linked to MDE allows access to all ticket entitlements is incorrect. A linked MNSSHP ticket would not allow access to MK on a non-party day.

Yay! I think I've got it! So...

I have underlined hsmamato2 words that I am wondering about too, since there seems to be conflicting statements in this thread. Please tell me they are not "interchangeable" and that, since she won't be using a magic band, she will not need to visit a ticket window because she will be using the RFID/ticket that she wants to actually use. But, she will be able to use her FP+ from her account with that (or either ticket) once she is in the park, though I don't know why she would bring her other ticket on this trip anyway...right?

Did I get that right???

Did I get that right???
Yes.

RFID ticket media tapped at a tapstile only deducts an entitlement from the same RFID entitlements that are linked in a MDE account.

Because the OP has no desire to use entitlements from Ticket A, that ticket should be left at home.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/park-visit-used-wrong-tickets-not-linked.3423794/

The link above is a thread that was started the other day. It does have some experiences that conflict with regards to entering with the hard ticket vs. the magic band. I had an experience where I left Ticket A at home because I didn't want it to be used. I did not go to GS to prioritize because it was towards the beginning of this technology and I was given the wrong information about having multiple tickets in MDE...I wanted to use Ticket B and even though I had a Magic Band I did not use it at the tapstiles, I used the actual Ticket B card to enter the parks. Even though I used the card for Ticket B to get into the parks, 2 days from Ticket A were taken even though the card for Ticket A was up here in Indiana. So from my experience the Cards are not independent from MDE and the Magic Bands and do work interchangeably. I can't say if my experience was a fluke or not but it did happen. Because of this (and now having 3 tickets in MDE) I will always go to GS before entering the parks because the stress/headache of having days from the wrong ticket taken are way worse and take up WAY more time than taking the 15 minutes to make sure the ticket I want to use is prioritized.

I will say this again. All media that is linked becomes interchangeable. So your Magicband, Your Annual Pass RFID Card and the 1 Day Waterpark Ticket you linked to your MDE account can be accessed at the touchpoint by using any of those 3 pieces of media at the touchpoint. I worked in Guest Relations and I have personally seen where guests have PURPOSELY used Ticket A at the touchpoint instead of the magicband or Ticket B. While both tickets A and B are linked to the MDE Account and because of how the tickets are prioritized, Ticket B was used. Take that with what you will. Take the few minutes to have the tickets prioritized correctly at a ticketing window for how you want to use them or risk spending 20 plus minutes later for Guest Relations to research and reissue you a ticket that had been used on the wrong day.

And Yes if you also link MNSSHP or MVMCP tickets to MDE they will also be on Any pieces of media. I have touched AP cards that have MVMCP tickets on them. All Media is interchangeable. The difference here is YOU need to enter at the touch points marked for the Party starting at 4pm. Those turnstiles are set to ONLY search for the party tickets and will not search for any others. It is not possible to accidentally use a theme park ticket if you are entering at the appropriate time and location.

Posters on the SDFP thread have not reported any difficulties.

But, on that thread it is also highly recommended to reassign tickets to a new/phantom person and then there is no way a ticket or MagicBand can provide a link to the tickets at the entrance tapstiles.

After the ticket is moved to a new/phantom person, it can then be used as a FP generator. The FPs can be accessed at the FP tapstile by that specific ticket or a MB linked to that phantom & ticket. No need to take time to prioritize at Guest Relations and additional FPs are an added bonus.

@Wishes Count this is exactly what I was told when the wrong ticket was used on my trip last July with regards to tickets being interchangeable as well as what you said about the MNSSHP and MVMCP tickets!

http://www.disboards.com/threads/park-visit-used-wrong-tickets-not-linked.3423794/

The link above is a thread that was started the other day. It does have some experiences that conflict with regards to entering with the hard ticket vs. the magic band. I had an experience where I left Ticket A at home because I didn't want it to be used. I did not go to GS to prioritize because it was towards the beginning of this technology and I was given the wrong information about having multiple tickets in MDE...I wanted to use Ticket B and even though I had a Magic Band I did not use it at the tapstiles, I used the actual Ticket B card to enter the parks. Even though I used the card for Ticket B to get into the parks, 2 days from Ticket A were taken even though the card for Ticket A was up here in Indiana. So from my experience the Cards are not independent from MDE and the Magic Bands and do work interchangeably. I can't say if my experience was a fluke or not but it did happen. Because of this (and now having 3 tickets in MDE) I will always go to GS before entering the parks because the stress/headache of having days from the wrong ticket taken are way worse and take up WAY more time than taking the 15 minutes to make sure the ticket I want to use is prioritized.
@Wishes Count this is exactly what I was told when the wrong ticket was used on my trip last July with regards to tickets being interchangeable as well as what you said about the MNSSHP and MVMCP tickets!

:eek: Well, thanks for clarifying further and correcting my assumptions. This seems like something that should be fixed.

I was hoping DH and I could just use our actual tickets on our next trip (2 ph and a MK one day ticket, each). But now I know that we need to make sure that on our one MK day, the park hopper ticket isn't used by mistake. We are planning to use a park hopper, then the MK ticket and save the other ph for our last day.

:eek: Well, thanks for clarifying further and correcting my assumptions. This seems like something that should be fixed.

I was hoping DH and I could just use our actual tickets on our next trip (2 ph and a MK one day ticket, each). But now I know that we need to make sure that on our one MK day, the park hopper ticket isn't used by mistake. We are planning to use a park hopper, then the MK ticket and save the other ph for our last day.
PP and Wishes are reporting ticket incidents from over a year ago. Wishes hasn't been a GR CM for months.

Posters who have reported their ticket experiences on the SDFP thread have reported no problems.

It's still best to reassign tickets yourself within your MDE than to have a CM prioritize.

PP and Wishes are reporting ticket incidents from over a year ago. Wishes hasn't been a GR CM for months.

Posters who have reported their ticket experiences on the SDFP thread have reported no problems.

It's still best to reassign tickets yourself within your MDE than to have a CM prioritize.

I understand that what happened to me happened a year ago, July 2014, but I also think it's worth it to share my experiences so that people aren't shocked if something like this does happen to them. Believe me, I am ecstatic that people are saying that this isn't an issue anymore and that they are not running into the same problems I did. It was horrible and really put a bad taste in my mouth after an amazing vacation. Maybe Disney did fix it and now actual ticket cards only work for that ticket. I just can't take that chance again. I feel like if you have an incident happen at Disney you should probably learn from it because they document and keep track of everything. I went up to the GS window the last time I went to make sure the right ticket was prioritized and said I just want to check and make sure everything is okay and that the ticket they said they were going to make Non-expiring they did. She responded with "yes, they did change it" and "yeah I can see the notes here that you had some issues with your tickets last summer...sorry about that". I think that if I did the same thing I did last summer (using the card for Ticket B because I didn't want to use Ticket A) and the days were taken off the wrong ticket they could say to me you've had this happen before, the process was explained to you, we can't help you this time. Now, I doubt they would say that but who knows?

One thing we all know about Disney and their Cast Members is that they all don't give out the same information, that's why people come on to the Disboards to ask questions and see if other people have had shared experiences or for advice. I would feel bad if the same thing happens to someone else and I hadn't shared.

@IsThatYouTigger i agree- just b/c it was a year ago, i am leery of assurances that 'it all works now'... Since it usually doesn't. And since i will have 2 tickets in MY name on our next trip i have no choice but to go to GS and prioritize them,and hope it is done correctly. And while I appreciate all the great help from those 'in the know' i still find this confusing.

well, I got my new tix in the mail.... I am going to try putting them into MDE.... I am very very nervous about it...these are a big 'investment' to mess up..... apparently ,according to Robo and Hiro, I need to be ready to go to GS and prioritize,so I'm going to make time to do that. Maybe at the back gate of Epcot, that in my experience is a quiet place with less lines,etc that works well for resolving ticket issues (at least it was last year lol) can it be any GS? Like at DTD, or it has to be a park entrance?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter