Ticket booths..

tanyaewa

Just can't get enough!
Can anyone tell me what time they open in the am if DL op ns at 8am?
Is there a good way to find shortest line?

We are coming from canada and want to pay with US cash instead of credit card because we got the cash at great exchange rate. Therefore we need to buy at ticket booth our first morning... unless they are open late?
We arrive at resort at 9pm and we’re going to parks the next day.

Any other suggestions? TIA

I am from Canada as well and I certainly don't blame you one bit about buying money early due to the exchange rate. Hopefully another poster can comment about how early the ticket booths open, but what I can suggest since I do this each trip myself is to got to Disneyland the day you arrive in California, or the day before you plan on going to the park. Their ticket booths are open well into the evening so you should be safe to get your tickets then. This way you already have tickets in hand first thing the next morning and you go straight in. There really isn't a shorter line than the next. There are many gates letting park guests in, you will just have to judge the lineups and go in.

Can anyone tell me what time they open in the am if DL op ns at 8am?
Is there a good way to find shortest line?

We are coming from canada and want to pay with US cash instead of credit card because we got the cash at great exchange rate. Therefore we need to buy at ticket booth our first morning... unless they are open late?
We arrive at resort at 9pm and we’re going to parks the next day.

Any other suggestions? TIA
If you're staying on-site you can buy them when you check in.
Some of the good neighbor places sell tickets too.

Depending on time of year you are going, I feel you'll have plenty of time the night before.
The ticket booth lines can be painfully SLOW.

Have fun

Geemo

If I remember right the booths are open until one hour after the last park closes, so you may be able to go on your arrival date. Every time we have gone those lines have been so slow.

If the park opens at 8, then the booth should be open at 7. I bought a pass at the booths this weekend and didn’t have any problems. There wasn’t anyone in line when I got there, but it slowly filled up as more trams brought people.

*sidenote: if you are buying a pass early, it might take a while because the system is slow in the morning. The CM told me it would take a long time, but it only took 15 minutes total.*

If you are staying on property you can also buy them right at your hotel, the front desk can point you where!

Thanks everyone. We are staying at Good neighbour - Anaheim Majestic. We don’t get there until 9pm so was worried about ticket booth being open late.

I’m kicking myself for not booking Harbor hotel because I know how quick it is to walk over there whereas the Majestic has a shuttle.... maybe their ticket desk will still be open.

We don’t get there until 9pm so was worried about ticket booth being open late.
According to the calendar Disneyland is open until 12am that day, so you shouldn't have a problem going to the ticket booths on arrival night if you want to do it that way. Unless things have changed, they should be open until one hour after park closing. Granted, this information is a couple of years old so you might want to call Disney to confirm, but when I first got an AP in 2015 I was given a temporary one-day ticket to use for the day and I was told I needed to go to the ticket booth before the end of the day to trade that in for my real AP. So for the rest of the day every time I park hopped or showed my ticket to a CM for any reason, every one of them said "don't forget to go to the ticket booth before you leave - they close one hour after the park closes". The CM's were so consistent with this statement that I presume the ticket booths are always open until one hour after the parks close. I would also guess that the lines would be shorter at night, but I can't speak from experience on that (that particular night was not a good example because it just so happened that a price hike had been announced and people were frantically trying to purchase AP's before it took effect the next day).

Check with your hotel for sure. That might be the easiest way to get tickets. I'd do that even if it cost a few dollars more. The ticket booth is not magical at all!

Check with your hotel for sure. That might be the easiest way to get tickets. I'd do that even if it cost a few dollars more. The ticket booth is not magical at all!

No authorized resellers are permitted to mark up tickets. There are a few sites where you may get discounts in advance but everyone else charges posted rates. They very much take the Apple approach to pricing control.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter