Ticket deal if booked by 2-23-02???

BC

DIS Veteran
Just browsing the board and see several mentions of a ticket deal if booked by Feb. 23rd. We plan to stay 4 nights at the HRH in late May and wondered what this is all about. Any info is appreciated!!

It's a ticket for US/IOA good for seven CONSECUTIVE days of admission (from the first date of use) and costs the same as a 2day/2 park pass ($85.xx for adults). It's a really great deal. Tickets must be purchased by 2/23 and expire 2/23/04.

Do you call or do they have to be purchased online? If I need to call, what is the number? I am planning 4 nights in late May and had thought of getting the Length of Stay pass. Is this a better deal?

How much for the child's 7 day? Anyone?

I purchased 3 adults ($85.95) and 1 child ($72.95). My son is only 9, but will turn 10 next January, our plan is this summer, but if I can't find discount airfare we'll hold the tickets a little longer, I didn't want to chance it for just $13.00.

My tickets just came in the mail yesterday, I ordered them on Tuesday. I wonder if there is an expiration date on them. Mine had a red line drawn through all of them on the bottom, where an expiration date would have been. I know there has been some conflicting information on the 2 years or no expiration.

LISALISA36,

You can buy the tickets for a May, 03 trip. Although my tickets did not have an expiration date on them, the operator at the 1/800 number that the website referred me to said they expire in February, 2004. Not a problem for us, since we're going in May but it may need to be clarified for those who are planning later trips.

I originally tried to order them through the website under hot deals but there was so much traffic on the internet that they referred me to thye 1/800 number to complete the purchase.

I hope you went and got it. It just changed from 7 days to 5 days. Wow, I just made it.

Diz,
Is this a same deal as mentioned above? I went to the link and it said "5 consecutive days" instead of 7 and the price is $89.95 for adult and $76.95 for kids.
Thanks for your help!

Nope, if you check "more info" they say they are now for 5 consecutive days. Damn.

Well, now you have me wondering! I THOUGHT I looked at it right before I posted. Now I'm thinking it might have been earlier in the day, and when I saw the "week's vacation" I just assumed it was still the 7 days. I guess I'll see when I get my tickets! By the way... it DID state that previously that this offer was available until February 23rd, so I don't reallyl think it's right they should change it. Doesn't really matter to us, as I only needed four days anyway!

If you actuallyl needed the seven days, did you think about the AP? It was only $10 more. That is, if they haven't changed that, too! Just a thought.

SouthernMom

Does this "new" 5-day ticket have to be purchased by 2/23/02 ?? Does this one really have no expiration date for the first day of use ??

That's right. No expiration date for the first day of use, but is only good for five consecutive days.

I'll be callin Universal in about 2-3 hours ... still have the email from them printed out that says I could buy a 7 consecutive day ticket by 2/23/02. It ain't 2/23/02 yet, so I want the 7 day not the 5 day (for the same price).

I'll post here whether or not I'm successful.

Ivanova,
Curious to hear of the outcome of your phone call. I also printed a copy (off the internet) of the 7 consecutive day bonus pass info and it clearly states good until 2/23. Please reply or send a pm. Thanks!

My friend and I both separately called ... more than once ... talked to numerous reps and got the EXACT same spiel (me thinks they were reading off a prepared script). In essence, they are falling back on the line "Universal reserves the right to make changes without notice...yada yada yada."

We went ballistic (and that's being kind) pointing out that NOWHERE on the website or email did they say " we reserve the right" to do squat. The only qualification was the 02/23/02 deadline.

We got nowhere.

Only thing I can think of right now is a massive phone campaign ... demanding to speak with supervisors ... and/or a letter writing campaign.

We ended our conversation with the threat that we were scrating Universal from our itinerary after this customer relations debacle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter