ticket exchange question

aengus

<font color=blue>Official Head VMK Cheerleader!</f
I apologize if this is not the correct spot to ask the question. I struggled figuring out where this really belongs :)

Over the past couple years, I have left over a 4 day unused ticket and a 6 day unused ticket. In the fall my folks want to go to the food and wine festival and are staying for 5 days.

Now you know where I am going with this... :cool1:

Will Disney help me turn the 4 day and 6 day totally unused tickets into 2 5 day passes? If yes can it be done ahead of time or only at the park at guest services?

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

You'll be able to upgrade the 4-day to a 5-day in person once you get to the park. I don't believe they'll give any sort of refund to downgrade the 6-day ticket.

I apologize if this is not the correct spot to ask the question. I struggled figuring out where this really belongs :)

Over the past couple years, I have left over a 4 day unused ticket and a 6 day unused ticket. In the fall my folks want to go to the food and wine festival and are staying for 5 days.

Now you know where I am going with this... :cool1:

Will Disney help me turn the 4 day and 6 day totally unused tickets into 2 5 day passes? If yes can it be done ahead of time or only at the park at guest services?

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
The 4-day ticket should be used once before you upgrade it to a 5-day pass. The 6-day ticket can be used "as is" but you will lose a day. You cannot combine tickets to use their value toward the purchase of other tickets.

If they are staying onsite, you can add the tickets to their MDE account now and the tickets will be on their Magic Bands. If they are staying offsite, the tickets can still be added in MDE but they will need to be exchanged for RFID-enabled tickets with the same number of park days before they are used. The RFID tickets will allow them to use FP+. If they have MBs, then the bands will act like RFID tickets and there is no need to exchange them.

First, we need to know the source of the 4-day ticket. If it was from Disney online, Disney mail order or a Disney ticket booth, it can be upgraded but cannot be price-bridged. But, if it was a Disney resort package ticket, or it was a ticket from The Disney Store, or from a third-party reseller such as AAA or UCT, then it can be price-bridged.

The difference is, a ticket eligible for price-bridging will be elevated in value to current gate price if the ticket is used first to enter a theme park. Then, the cost to upgrade from 4 days to 5 days is the current cost of $10.65 (including tax). The upgrade must be done in the time between the start of day one's use, and the end of day four's use. Do the upgrade at Guest Relations at any of the four theme parks. If the CM quotes a price of more than $10.65, ask for the original ticket back and see another CM. (Unfortunately, a few CMs don't know price-bridging and will mislead people into believing their ticket is ineligible when in fact it is eligible.)

If the 4-day ticket, as defined above, is not eligible for price-bridging, and let's say the ticket is from 2009, it would be worth its original price, either $219.00 or $225.00 depending on whether purchased before or after the August 2, 2009 price increase. Therefore, to upgrade that ticket to a 5-day ticket, you would be charged the difference between the old and new price. Let's pick the $225 ticket from 2009. Current 4-day ticket is $294, old ticket was $225. Difference $69 (before tax). Then add in current one-day upgrade price, $10. Total cost $79 + tax = $84.14.

Regarding the 6-day ticket, you can't downgrade and receive a refund. At current rates, you would lose $10.65 (including tax) by not using the 6th day of the ticket. Best to use the ticket as-is.

Here's a link to allears.net compilation of historical ticket prices. Go to the top of the page to select ticket prices all the way from the 1970s to today. Add 6.5% tax (x 1.065). http://allears.net/tix/tixpix00.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter