Ticket increases around the corner, very soon, Sunday***Official Disney #44***

If you purchase tickets today you will not be able to add them to any package you might want to buy in the future. You will only be able to purchase room-only reservations and use your tickets purchased today and pay OOP for all dining.

It's a gamble...save X guaranteed by purchasing tickets today and try to find a good room-only promotion later to save some more, or wait and pay the new ticket prices and HOPE for free dining (dates change and get less and less every year so it's never a guarantee).

So we have our rooms booked, if I add tickets today, then a room only comes out, will my ticket prices be affected?

Thanks for the help and advice

So we have our rooms booked, if I add tickets today, then a room only comes out, will my ticket prices be affected?

Thanks for the help and advice

Your tickets will not be affected if you change a room-only reservation because they will be 2 completely different things. Your tickets will be separate from that and tied to specific people through MDE accounts and Magic Bands.

So I have my package booked. If free dining comes out in a few months and I add that, I would have to pay the price difference for the increase?

I must say this is exciting news. These ticket prices increases will allow many to watch walls, view cranes and see MK crowds overflow. As a shareholder of DIS I will not be going to WDW for at least another two years.

Yeah we feel the same way. Disney has literally been our only vacation spot for the last 12 years. We even moved down to Florida and one of the reasons was to be closer. Everyone gets their own opinion, but ours is that the value offered has dramatically gone down across the board. Prices skyrocket.. and I get that they are a company and as long as there are folks willing to pay they feel they are leaving money on the table. The problem for me has been the quality seems to keep dropping. Whether it be food, attractions or even service (which is still probably in the top 10% of all businesses... it used to be in the 1%). Price aside, the product received in 2016 is markedly inferior to what we first experienced in 2004.

So for our family, once our APs expire in August we will be taking a long break. Until at least summer 2018 when (if) the full Star Wars land opens in DHS.

So I have my package booked. If free dining comes out in a few months and I add that, I would have to pay the price difference for the increase?

Yes. You would be cancelling your current package and booking a new one for Free Dining at the (then) current ticket prices.

so is it just one day tickets that are changing? What about multi-day/hopper tickets?

If you purchase tickets today you will not be able to add them to any package you might want to buy in the future. You will only be able to purchase room-only reservations and use your tickets purchased today and pay OOP for all dining.

It's a gamble...save X guaranteed by purchasing tickets today and try to find a good room-only promotion later to save some more, or wait and pay the new ticket prices and HOPE for free dining (dates change and get less and less every year so it's never a guarantee).
Why would someone have to pay OOP for dining? Currently you can book a room only and add dining to create a "package" without tickets. That's what we have booked for June. We were able to add our separately bought tickets to our MDE acct, no problem.

Why would someone have to pay OOP for dining? Currently you can book a room only and add dining to create a "package" without tickets. That's what we have booked for June. We were able to add our separately bought tickets to our MDE acct, no problem.

That doesn't work for free dining.

If I only want to add a PH to a 2 day base ticket do I still need to pay the price increase or just the hopper price? TIA!

If I only want to add a PH to a 2 day base ticket do I still need to pay the price increase or just the hopper price? TIA!

I doubt it very much, with park hopper, you are not per se changing your ticket, you are just adding on an extra.

After bridging your ticket (doing at least one park admission), you just pay the then current hopper add on price.

Yes taking my daughters and their cousin to DL in January 2017. I also think FP+ with overcrowding also becomes less value as doing more rides will become even more difficult. I agree with you WDW isn't the value it once was but disagree about the service as I haven't noticed a drop off. I will say (not trying to hijack this thread) but the value of the FP+ has greatly diminished going on rides. Even EMH or late night didn't seem to help the last time we went even though it was high peak season. I cannot pay tickets for (2) half day parks with huge crowds at MK.

Yeah we feel the same way. Disney has literally been our only vacation spot for the last 12 years. We even moved down to Florida and one of the reasons was to be closer. Everyone gets their own opinion, but ours is that the value offered has dramatically gone down across the board. Prices skyrocket.. and I get that they are a company and as long as there are folks willing to pay they feel they are leaving money on the table. The problem for me has been the quality seems to keep dropping. Whether it be food, attractions or even service (which is still probably in the top 10% of all businesses... it used to be in the 1%). Price aside, the product received in 2016 is markedly inferior to what we first experienced in 2004.

So for our family, once our APs expire in August we will be taking a long break. Until at least summer 2018 when (if) the full Star Wars land opens in DHS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter