Ticket Price Increase?

Our next trip won't be till summer 2022 at the earliest, so it's not really this year's increase that will impact it directly. But... If this year sees a big increase in price, and then next year... It could price us out, or mean we only buy a one or two day ticket instead of 4 etc...

It's so hard to say, because as Canadians, it also depends on what the dollar does. If tickets rise but the dollar gains enough strength, it sort of evens out for us. But if tickets rise AND dollar goes lower, forget it. Kiss Disney goodbye.

What I'm really waiting to see is if they'll bring the Canadian resident tickets back in the fall (since we're really hoping the border opens back up by end of year).

As far as what the increase will be... I don't think we'll see noticable increases in ticket price per se - bad PR during a pandemic. But, I do agree - the discounting we normally see on the longer tickets will probably be chopped, and I can see them raising the cost to do park hoppers.

Wonder if the annual passes that aren’t annual passes that are annual passes if you did renew or asked to renew or had a kid turn 3 will see a price increase?
“We know you can’t buy one, but when you can, they’ll be $.$$. For those that have one, expect a price increase of ...”

maybe they did this intentionally to keep prices the same for APs? Or soften the blow of a huge price hike if they go that route. Can’t have people complaining about price when it’s something they can’t buy.

I say Feb 9th - plus we’ll see a price increase on food before spring break really kicks off!

Well, we already purchased our package for October so technically this won't affect me but...

I'll be the one that says - no increase yet! I think they will wait and see how things go with vaccinations, bookings, overall public "feels"...then if things are looking up, whammo!
Price increase over the summer.

Glad I just added the days I needed yesterday! was only 140$ for 2 extra days for 3 ppl turning it into 8 day tickets.

I don't see them increasing ticket prices .. they are struggling to fill the parks as is. THat being said .. I could see them raising ticket prices "for the future" and just continuing to give deep "discounts" to resort rooms (which aren't really discounts .. the discounted prices are more than prices from just 2-3 years ago) to encourage the resort stays (which they probably need more than ticket sales).

I don't see them increasing ticket prices .. they are struggling to fill the parks as is. THat being said .. I could see them raising ticket prices "for the future" and just continuing to give deep "discounts" to resort rooms (which aren't really discounts .. the discounted prices are more than prices from just 2-3 years ago) to encourage the resort stays (which they probably need more than ticket sales).
I just booked 2 nights in oct... and it was no way discounted. maybe to early but I feel at some point they are stoping discounts and gonna up the tickets. 50th is soon.

I just booked 2 nights in oct... and it was no way discounted. maybe to early but I feel at some point they are stoping discounts and gonna up the tickets. 50th is soon.
Oh ya . .they haven't discounts FALL yet .. (and they probably don't want to .. hoping the 50th hype will carry them) .. but with their big new attractions delayed until 2022 and nothing really announced for the 50th (besides new paint jobs on all the classic attractions) .. I am sure a lot of people may just delay their trips to 2022.

So the 50th (at least this fall) won't be as big of deal for them as they had hoped (pre-COVID).

Now . .if they announce EVERYTHING will be back to normal by October -- well then they can charge whatever they want. People will come back in droves.

I have a trip booked for March and October as well. The March trip I may just cancel/delay again because things still won't be close to "normal" (and just not worth the current price for a "normal" vacation with the family). If masks are still required by October and some attractions still missing in action (like M&Gs) .. I will probably cancel that too .. or just go for a VERY short trip.

If ticket prices get increases, I think we can view that as a sign Disney thinks things will be quite a bit better (crowded) later this year.

If they don't, well then I think it's fair to assume the opposite.

Think of it as a "groundhog day" for Covid.

I believe there will be ticket price increases soon (this month) followed later by discount announcements targeting late Spring and Summer.

After all these years, I don't make predictions. I just hope that they don't raise the prices for APs before we can renew ours at the end of the month!

Ticket prices have already gone up for March. Our school spring break starts March 13th. Last week I looked at tickets starting on the 16th and they were $119, 3 hours later when I went to purchase they were $140.

Ticket prices have already gone up for March. Our school spring break starts March 13th. Last week I looked at tickets starting on the 16th and they were $119, 3 hours later when I went to purchase they were $140.
Don't forget to look at reputable 3rd party ticket sellers, they often don't increase prices as fast. My personal favorite is Undercover Tourist

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter