• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ticket Price Increase?

I'm pretty sure they will increase prices soon. While not great PR to do it during a pandemic, I think they are expecting it to go relatively unnoticed now, so when things are able to get back to a new normal, no one will remember the increase over the Winter.

j

I don't see them increasing ticket prices .. they are struggling to fill the parks as is. THat being said .. I could see them raising ticket prices "for the future" and just continuing to give deep "discounts" to resort rooms (which aren't really discounts .. the discounted prices are more than prices from just 2-3 years ago) to encourage the resort stays (which they probably need more than ticket sales).
Oh they'll increase them...they won't want to show weakness. LOL

I have a hotel reservation for October 2021, but I haven’t bought tickets yet. If I buy them and then end up postponing, is it easy enough to switch the dates for the tickets? I’ve never had to postpone before, so I just want to be sure of my options.

That’s pretty sad actually.But I’m sure someone, somewhere is saying, oh well raise the prices they will still come because it’s Disney.

Disney is out to make up for its losses on the backs of the deeply committed. I wonder how long until we the “ Disney forever “ group start to push back and say no to higher prices just because it’s Disney? The line will need to be drawn somewhere.

I have a hotel reservation for October 2021, but I haven’t bought tickets yet. If I buy them and then end up postponing, is it easy enough to switch the dates for the tickets? I’ve never had to postpone before, so I just want to be sure of my options.
With the new date based tickets if you need to change the date after the purchase, you can apply the value of your tickets to a later date. Think of the unused tickets like a disney giftcard. If you ask in the all about tickets forum they can give a more detailed explanation https://www.disboards.com/threads/tickets-how-to-upgrade.3570721/page-516#post-62660618

Probably best to have a 'Package Vacation.' That way if you cancel all monies are refundable.

That’s pretty sad actually.But I’m sure someone, somewhere is saying, oh well raise the prices they will still come because it’s Disney.

Disney is out to make up for its losses on the backs of the deeply committed. I wonder how long until we the “ Disney forever “ group start to push back and say no to higher prices just because it’s Disney? The line will need to be drawn somewhere.
Already hit our breaking point. May not be "Disney NEVER AGAIN". But, it will be a while before we visit again. Likely not until the live stuff comes back.

You have to pick a starting date for your ticket. Price of tickets are based on starting date. So if you know your starting date yoi can get tickets

Glad we did 2 years of AP trips. Now that it has been over a year and I am thinking of all the places I want to see in the world, and what will be the decreased value of a trip to WDW given the prices and also where I want to be spending my hard-earned money, I am thinking I will be one of those who stops going for a long while. The fact that our 10 days in Paris was less than a week at WDW (including the europe flights) also says a lot.

Someone on the DVC Fan Facebook group said that they hear from “a reliable source” that Disney would announce lower ticket pricing on the 16th. Has anyone else seen any similar rumors? Seems unlikely

Someone on the DVC Fan Facebook group said that they hear from “a reliable source” that Disney would announce lower ticket pricing on the 16th. Has anyone else seen any similar rumors? Seems unlikely

There's a lot of folks still with tickets from last year that don't expire until late September of this year that would want some $ back from Disney if that were the case, which is why I doubt it.

There's a lot of folks still with tickets from last year that don't expire until late September of this year that would want some $ back from Disney if that were the case, which is why I doubt it.
I’d be surprised too, but it seems like demand is pretty soft. It would be no different than booking early and missing out on a hotel discount.

I think anything is possibe. I mean the one day starting price dropped for 2021 tickets. If demand is still low, I can see them lowering the base price again.

That would be a smart business move by Disney to attract guests back again. More $$$ for them in the end.

we’ll know in a few days, but I’d say it was a price reduction on multi day tickets. They already did the two days free package, and then a decent Florida resident Ticket package. I could see them doing another ticket package (especially something that might appeal to old APs/DVC)

If they did a 10 day pass for 40 dollars a day, that’s decently comparable to a platinum pass for those coming from out of state. I’d do that and just skip worrying about my AP for this year. Could be a big win/win for cash flow and keeping the reservation system intact.

lowering the base rate on single day tickets would surprise me. Even LEGOLAND is over 100 bucks per day (for adult and kid). Dropping the pay by 10 dollars wouldn’t get the reaction they need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter