Ticket Price Increase?

I’d be surprised too, but it seems like demand is pretty soft. It would be no different than booking early and missing out on a hotel discount.
I thought of that, too, but if a hotel discount comes out after you book, you are allowed to cancel and rebook at the discount rate. Given the mess that AP refunds have been, I can't imagine that Disney would want to have thousands of people clamoring for refunds on the tickets they've already bought.

I think we’re “priced out” of APs once ours expire in July. Right now, renewal price at 15% off is $100 more than we paid for our current APs bought before the last two price hikes. I can’t justify the increase for my family of 4 with all that’s NOT there and only 3 guaranteed days. We’ll probably get down there 2 more times, then take a break. We’d like to travel other places, but don’t really want to do any first time/only time to places with masks and all the closures. We were supposed to go to CA and Disneyland for the first time in April this year :-(

To be honest, what took them so long? I’m more shocked that it didn’t happen for 2021. Somewhere Chapek is punching a hole in drywall for probably being talked out raising prices in a still pandemic filled 2021 for the sake of optics.

The ticket prices, while shocking .. aren't where the true increases come. Just look at hotel and restaurant prices (that don't usually have articles written on those price increases) .. I guarantee those will raise more than a few dollars.

I mean .. the 2022 prices (for the same time period in end of March) .. is $30-40/night more. ($232/night for Pop Century? $260/night for Mermaid rooms at AoA?!?!) Yikes! That is more than double than what I've paid for Pop in the past (5+ years ago).

The ticket prices, while shocking .. aren't where the true increases come. Just look at hotel and restaurant prices (that don't usually have articles written on those price increases) .. I guarantee those will raise more than a few dollars.

I mean .. the 2022 prices (for the same time period in end of March) .. is $30-40/night more. ($232/night for Pop Century? $260/night for Mermaid rooms at AoA?!?!) Yikes! That is more than double than what I've paid for Pop in the past (5+ years ago).
This is so true! They charge you slightly more to get in and then once you are "captive" they hit you with the real increases.

$260 per night for a motel room with cartoons on the wall?!? Insane

Okay, so comparison based on our family of 4 (all 10+):

4 day base ticket, June 18 2021: $1964.52
4 day base ticket, June 18 2022: $2001.00

All Star Movies, 7 nights, Standard room, no discount:

June 2021: $1363.17
June 2022: $1397.20

So, increase between 2021 and 2022 for 4 people is $70.51

Honestly? I expected worse. It's really not that bad.

Very true that isn't bad. But the previous poster made a good point. Everything else in the parks will get increases too. They just don't advertise those.

That is bad for essentially a motel.

Very true that isn't bad. But the previous poster made a good point. Everything else in the parks will get increases too. They just don't advertise those.

Yes, for sure. The increase in cost of food over 7 days for family of four will definitely add up, which then means your trip has gone up probably $250+ between food, room and tickets. And of course add on another $100-150 for transportation to/from the airport, that's now $350-400. And that's assuming we don't have to start paying for FP+, which could be another increase. Who knows how much, but I think it's pretty safe to guess that for a family of 4, you could easily see a $100+ increase. So now you're up to around $500 increase by 2022. And hey, if you're Canadian like me, tack on 35% to that and you're nearing $700.

That is bad for essentially a motel.

The hotel portion of that is only $34. It's in line with what most hotels would increase their rates by year to year. Now, are the rooms themselves overpriced? Sure. But speaking just to the increase, I really don't think that's bad at all.

Plus transportation, food and souvenir increases that’s a 500 dollar year over year increase. That’s about 30% but let’s round it down to 25% for arguments sake.

if current trends hold true, a 4 day base ticket plus 7 nights at a value Disney hotel with a 25% year over year increase in pricing (across the board) will double your Vacation expenses by year 2025/2026 depending on where the bulk of the price increases fall (food vs tickets vs lodging)

so 4000 for your cheap value vacation in 2022 will be closer to 8000 in 2026 if you continue to stay and eat on property at a yearly 25% increase.

I still believe Disney wants those “once in a lifetime trips” over yearly trips and locals. Not only to create more money, but drive the marketing principle of scarcity while driving up guest satisfaction because less people are in the parks but they still make more money.

I still believe Disney wants those “once in a lifetime trips” over yearly trips and locals. Not only to create more money, but drive the marketing principle of scarcity while driving up guest satisfaction because less people are in the parks but they still make more money.
Could be why their ads all show a single family basically by themselves with Mickey! haha

Totally realistic expectation.

Plus transportation, food and souvenir increases that’s a 500 dollar year over year increase. That’s about 30% but let’s round it down to 25% for arguments sake.

if current trends hold true, a 4 day base ticket plus 7 nights at a value Disney hotel with a 25% year over year increase in pricing (across the board) will double your Vacation expenses by year 2025/2026 depending on where the bulk of the price increases fall (food vs tickets vs lodging)

so 4000 for your cheap value vacation in 2022 will be closer to 8000 in 2026 if you continue to stay and eat on property at a yearly 25% increase.

How did you jump to a $500 per year increase? The person above showed a 5% increase.

I mean this in a genuine, and not a snarky way... wondering if Disney execs know something that I don't know about Covid recovery for society at large. Any kind of price increase for 2022 seems wildly optimistic to me, unless the plan is to go ahead and set the base rates higher so that they can seem like they're giving more of a discount when they offer specials. It sounds as if they're anticipating customers coming back in full force in 2022 - either that or they're just too short on cash to do the "wooing people back" thing so they have to try to make up for lost earnings however they can. Widespread global vaccinations, outside of wealthy countries, are a long way off; vaccinations for children are a relatively long way off; and who knows what is going to happen with the economy. Besides that, I know for my extended family, they will only plan a trip once things are back to normal (no masks, fireworks, character meet and greets, etc.,) and even when they do plan, they'll want to do it 9 months to a year out. I don't know if others feel similarly but again, raising prices this early seems super optimistic unless it was a financial necessity.

I mean this in a genuine, and not a snarky way... wondering if Disney execs know something that I don't know about Covid recovery for society at large. Any kind of price increase for 2022 seems wildly optimistic to me, unless the plan is to go ahead and set the base rates higher so that they can seem like they're giving more of a discount when they offer specials. It sounds as if they're anticipating customers coming back in full force in 2022 - either that or they're just too short on cash to do the "wooing people back" thing so they have to try to make up for lost earnings however they can. Widespread global vaccinations, outside of wealthy countries, are a long way off; vaccinations for children are a relatively long way off; and who knows what is going to happen with the economy. Besides that, I know for my extended family, they will only plan a trip once things are back to normal (no masks, fireworks, character meet and greets, etc.,) and even when they do plan, they'll want to do it 9 months to a year out. I don't know if others feel similarly but again, raising prices this early seems super optimistic unless it was a financial necessity.
I think they know that there is a base demand out there for travel to Disney World that is being held back due to the pandemic. Disney doesn't typically do ticket discounts. Usually it's room discounts or free dining that they use to draw people to the parks. They also may think that reducing ticket prices won't drive extra attendance to the parks. It certainly seems like things may start to get back to normal in the US by the late summer. That would jive with these slight ticket increases in 2022. Compared to what has happened the last few years, these ticket price "increases" are pretty tame.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter