Ticket Price Increase?

I think they know that there is a base demand out there for travel to Disney World that is being held back due to the pandemic.

I'm seriously toying with booking a package, just in case. We're one of those "the second we're allowed to travel we want to travel" families. That said, we wont go back until many things have returned/changed, primarily: masks only required indoors, not outdoors, parades, fireworks, entertainment etc... returned etc...

I'm seriously toying with booking a package, just in case. We're one of those "the second we're allowed to travel we want to travel" families. That said, we wont go back until many things have returned/changed, primarily: masks only required indoors, not outdoors, parades, fireworks, entertainment etc... returned etc...
Really doesn't hurt to do so if you're not going to miss the deposit money.

I agree with your whole list, but this is a big one. I am by no means against masks, but an indoor / outdoor distinction is something I'd love to see by the Fall.
I really wonder how well this would work. They would need enforcement at the entrance to every building.

I really wonder how well this would work. They would need enforcement at the entrance to every building.
They already require them everywhere and I hear enforcement is pretty strict.

Just put signs "masks required from this point on" If you don't comply, you can be removed from the park (just like how it is today).

They already require them everywhere and I hear enforcement is pretty strict.

Just put signs "masks required from this point on" If you don't comply, you can be removed from the park (just like how it is today).
I think it works now because it's simple. If you require them for only indoors, you'll have people trying to walk in without masks on or people walking in and slowly pulling them out of their pockets. I think it should be an all or nothing.

I think it works now because it's simple. If you require them for only indoors, you'll have people trying to walk in without masks on or people walking in and slowly pulling them out of their pockets. I think it should be an all or nothing.
Maybe, but once word got out that a few families were kicked out, all would be good.

I don't care how anti-mask you are (not you, just people in general), most people are pro-money. Why spend all that money and then risk getting kicked out for something that dumb? Disney is very upfront about their policies. Loosening them up, down the road, is the natural progression.

Maybe, but once word got out that a few families were kicked out, all would be good.

I don't care how anti-mask you are (not you, just people in general), most people are pro-money. Why spend all that money and then risk getting kicked out for something that dumb? Disney is very upfront about their policies. Loosening them up, down the road, is the natural progression.

I agree. I really don't think it would be a problem. I mean, months ago everything thought it would never work requiring masks at Disney and yet here we are. I think it would be a pretty easy switch. I know where I am over the summer/fall, masks were only required inside, not outdoors, and there was no problem at all with that at any of the places we visited. They had someone at the door making sure your mask was on. If you didn't comply, you were invited to leave lol. Ourselves, we had no problem - we put it on when we went in and took it off as soon as we exited.

I think they know that there is a base demand out there for travel to Disney World that is being held back due to the pandemic.

I'll be curious to see if that is the case. I feel like all these months of lockdown has had the opposite effect on me - it's made me lethargic and getting out and doing things is like a muscle that has atrophied and will have to be built slowly back up. I'm very much a homebody by nature, though, so probably more extroverted types will get back into the swing of things faster.

Even if the price increases "aren't bad" .. look at other things in your life that have gone up .. cable bills, phone bills, FOOD, healthcare (I mean these "free" vaccines are getting paid by someone).

A lot of people's next Disney trip can be more than paid for by all the stimulus money the government gives out . .but after that, the inflation will kick in and our current incomes will be buying a LOT less and $100/day tickets and $200/night value hotels will be out of range of most families unless they cut other expenses in their lives.

Even if the price increases "aren't bad" .. look at other things in your life that have gone up .. cable bills, phone bills, FOOD, healthcare (I mean these "free" vaccines are getting paid by someone).

A lot of people's next Disney trip can be more than paid for by all the stimulus money the government gives out . .but after that, the inflation will kick in and our current incomes will be buying a LOT less and $100/day tickets and $200/night value hotels will be out of range of most families unless they cut other expenses in their lives.

it certainly pays to know history, economics and how to read the writing on the wall regarding stocks and futures markets.

sadly many people didn’t get this education, I was fortunate to have a family member invest in a lot of my education and directing of electives at college, but this certainly isn’t the norm.

no matter what the predictions, I’m sure 2022 is going to take all of us, Disney included, by surprise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter