• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ticket question...Online or at Gate? - Old Magicbands?

plutosgirl

DIS Veteran
Hi All!

Oh my gosh...so flights were cheap ($110 round trip!) and I JUST booked a quick trip to Florida for this Saturday!!

This is the first time EVER that we are staying off property. I plan on getting tickets for 2 days at the parks. My question is if I buy them online or at the gate can they be put on our old magicbands or does it not matter & I also booked a breakfast in the park before it opens...if I get tickets at the gate can you purchase them that early to get into the park to begin with or are the ticket booths not open yet?

This is a first for us with no months of planning in advance and not booking our fast passes, meals etc. We will also be driving to the parks (another first) hoping we won't regret that. The resort we are staying at does not have continuous shuttle service and we want to be able to come and go as we want.

Any advice would be great! I'm excited...going to Disney...the last minute trip I hope we don't regret! LOL

Hi All!
Oh my gosh...so flights were cheap ($110 round trip!) and I JUST booked a quick trip to Florida for this Saturday!!
This is the first time EVER that we are staying off property. I plan on getting tickets for 2 days at the parks. My question is

1. if I buy them online or at the gate can they be put on our old magic bands
2. or does it not matter & I also booked a breakfast in the park before it opens...
3. if I get tickets at the gate can you purchase them that early to get into the park to begin with or are
4. the ticket booths not open yet?

1. Yes.
2. It only matters if you WANT to use your MBs.
3. Again, if that's what you want to do, then yes.
4. Booths will be open early.
Have fun!

For convenience sake, I would purchase the tickets online now and link them to your My Disney Experience account so all you need to do when you get to the park is tap your MB's and enter. Especially if you have an early morning breakfast. There is no way of knowing how long the ticket line will be the morning you arrive. Plus, if you purchase the tickets and link them now, you can also make FP+ for your park days before you arrive.

We are headed down soon and staying off property as well. Thanks for asking and answering my questions!

My question is if I buy them online or at the gate can they be put on our old magicbands

NOTHING is ever "put on", stored, kept, or (technically) even "linked to" a Magic Band. Magic Bands are merely keys that allow access to your MDE account. ALL data; tickets, FP+, ADRs, room key, etc. are stored in your MDE account. Multiple Magic Bands can be linked to a single MDE account. That link is one way only. Bands can be used to access MDE, but MDE does not access the bands - which is fine because there's nothing on the bands to access anyway.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter