• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ticket Question

chipndale16

Earning My Ears
This is a very simple question, so I’m sure to get an answer here! If I purchase my 3 day park hopper online, will I receive a physical paper/plastic ticket when I enter the park for the first time? I would like to have an actual pass to scan for things like maxpass, to avoid having to pull out my phone every single time.

Yes. You can redeem the online hopper at the gate. The CM will take your picture and hand you a paper ticket. The paper and digital tickets are coded the same of course so you can use either for scanning into the parks or redeeming fastpasses. If you didn't have Maxpass, you would need to use the paper ticket to obtain most fastpasses in the parks.

Thanks for the quick reply! That’s what I thought, but I wanted to ask the experts to be sure

A question for further clarification... I've heard that with the RotR madness at park opening that they're not taking pics at first entry, but will do it at another time. But will they still give you the paper ticket during the first entry? We won't be doing Max Pass and will need the paper tickets for the FP machines.

A question for further clarification... I've heard that with the RotR madness at park opening that they're not taking pics at first entry, but will do it at another time. But will they still give you the paper ticket during the first entry? We won't be doing Max Pass and will need the paper tickets for the FP machines.
Yes, you will still get the paper ticket even if they don't take your picture.

Unless you already have a physical ticket in hand, when they scan your barcoded voucher...either paper or digital...they will spit out a physical hard card stock ticket right there at the gate upon your first entry.

You then have the option to use the paper ticket or have it digitally in the app from there on.

We were there on the 17th and people were getting picture taken. My parents came with us on the 18th and they don't have an AP and they had their picture taken.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter