Ticket Question

stardust190

Earning My Ears
I have a 5 day park ticket purchased before the parks shutdown. This is for our trip on 12/4 to 12/14. We had planned to use these tickets and then go to MVMCP on the 13th. With no party we want to add a day to our tickets. I know we can do this, but I'm wondering about the new expiration dates. The 5 day tickets we have now have been changed to not expire until later next year (9/2021). We are 90% sure we will go on this trip, but in the event we do decide not to go then I like knowing that our current park tickets will be available to us next year.

When I go to update the park ticket to 6 day it says that the ticket will be valid from 12/5/2020 to 12/13/2020. If I make the change to a 6 day ticket and then we decide not to go will it be possible for me to switch these tickets to sometime next year without much trouble? I'm fine if I have to pay the price difference between a December use ticket to say a July use ticket, but I don't want to loose the value of the tickets if we end up not going.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but I have some tickets I bought through Disney and some through UT.

Thanks!

You cannot change your current ticket and keep the expiration date of Sept 26, 2021. If you make any changes it locks you in and you could use the ticket as credit towards a new ticket if you don't use it.

They recommended to me to wait until I get there to add the day. So I plan to leave open a day I dont think will fill up for a park and will add when I get there and then secure the park reservation. I have all my ADRs already.

ETA: Another option is to do it a week before you go since you know you will be going for sure

Thanks for the information. Do you know why they recommended you wait until you get there? I'd be more than happy to wait until we get down there, but I want to make sure we get a park reservation. I already have dining reserved at a park for that day. I guess I don't know how risky it would be to wait to get a park reservation - MK if that matters.

I'm not worried about the expiration date changing as long as I can move it to next year if needed.

Thanks for the information. Do you know why they recommended you wait until you get there? I'd be more than happy to wait until we get down there, but I want to make sure we get a park reservation. I already have dining reserved at a park for that day. I guess I don't know how risky it would be to wait to get a park reservation - MK if that matters.

I'm not worried about the expiration date changing as long as I can move it to next year if needed.

As far as waiting until you get down there - that's likely mostly because if you need to cancel or reschedule your trip for any reason, you're better off not making any changes until you're 100% certain that you'll go.

RE: Your last sentence - if you make any changes to your existing tickets, they change to a 2020 expiration date and you cannot move the tickets to next year. What would happen is that the tickets would expire, but they would retain their value. Then you would be able to have the value of your tickets when you purchased them applied to the cost of new tickets for next year. This means that you will pay the difference in cost if there are any ticket price increases before you purchase new tickets. If that's what you end up doing, I highly recommend saving the ticket numbers so that they can be easily looked up in the system by a Disney ticket agent, because once they expire they will not be visible on your MDE any longer. They should be able to access your account history and find them, but it's better to have those ticket #'s just in case.

If you're worried about getting a park reservation for MK on your last day, you can book a reservation for it as one of your five by cancelling the reservation that you think will be easiest to replace at the last minute (AK or EP mid-week seem like your best bets). Then when you upgrade your ticket on your first day there, you can make a park reservation to replace the one you cancelled. I think there's a greater chance that MK will fill up on the weekend than that AK or EP will fill up mid-week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter