• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ticket timing question

joshua4

DIS Veteran
Apologies if this is a dumb question but I am new to Universal. I went to buy tickets now for a February 10, 2023 trip. I see that the ticket price will vary based on when my first day is. I am going to do the buy two days, get two days free with park to park option. Here is my question - since the tickets can be used over a period of seven days, instead of choosing Friday Feb 10 as my actual first day, shouldn’t I pick earlier in the week (which is cheaper) because no matter what we will only be there for three nights? Is there any rule that you have to be in the park on the first day of your park ticket dates? To be clear, the ticket are $346 each with a Feb 10 start date and only $308 for a Feb 7 start date. Since we are going home on Feb 13, I should pick the Feb 7 start date, right?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Apologies if this is a dumb question but I am new to Universal. I went to buy tickets now for a February 10, 2023 trip. I see that the ticket price will vary based on when my first day is. I am going to do the buy two days, get two days free with park to park option. Here is my question - since the tickets can be used over a period of seven days, instead of choosing Friday Feb 10 as my actual first day, shouldn’t I pick earlier in the week (which is cheaper) because no matter what we will only be there for three nights? Is there any rule that you have to be in the park on the first day of your park ticket dates? To be clear, the ticket are $346 each with a Feb 10 start date and only $308 for a Feb 7 start date. Since we are going home on Feb 13, I should pick the Feb 7 start date, right?

Same as with Disney tickets, you can use it any 4 days within the specified period. No, you do not have to go on your start date. Choose the 7 day range that costs the least, just be sure it includes all your dates.

We’re actually in the same boat but going in December. We typically go to Disney since we’re DVC and we haven’t gone to Universal in 15 years. Yes, pre Harry Potter addition 😆

We didn’t renew our Disney APs during COVID. Now we’re exploring US tickets. The 2 day 2 pass ticket with free 2 days sounds reasonable but considering you have to pay for parking, I’m trying to decide whether a US annual pass which includes free parking would be a better value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter