• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ticket upgrade question

extreme8

Mouseketeer
I didn't want to be the guy to start another ticket thread, but here I am.
I read the sticky and didn't see my particular situation addressed there.
My son and his girlfriend were gifted 2 day park hoppers purchased by someone employed by a Disney owned company using their employee discount.
The the room reservation is for 4 days. Are these tickets eligible for an upgrade to 4 day hoppers?
Right now their plan is to buy 2 day single park tickets to fill out their stay. I'll have to do the math to see which way is cheaper but it really doesn't matter if they don't qualify for the upgrade.

Any info you ticketing experts can provide is appreciated.

I didn't want to be the guy to start another ticket thread, but here I am.
I read the sticky and didn't see my particular situation addressed there.
My son and his girlfriend were gifted 2 day park hoppers purchased by someone employed by a Disney owned company using their employee discount.
The the room reservation is for 4 days. Are these tickets eligible for an upgrade to 4 day hoppers?
Right now their plan is to buy 2 day single park tickets to fill out their stay. I'll have to do the math to see which way is cheaper but it really doesn't matter if they don't qualify for the upgrade.

Any info you ticketing experts can provide is appreciated.

What do the back of the tickets say?
The tickets can be added to MDE and, if eligible for an upgrade, they can be upgraded by calling Disney.

If they're normal tickets just sold at a discount they're likely upgradeable but as with anything, it will depend on exactly what type of ticket was purchased and if there are any restrictions on it. From what you said - this sounds more like purchasing a ticket from a discounter as opposed to getting a comp ticket (which would not be upgradeable) but the devil is in the details.

What do the back of the tickets say?
The tickets can be added to MDE and, if eligible for an upgrade, they can be upgraded by calling Disney.
They don't have the physical media yet so I don't know what if there are any restrictions printed on them. They have been added to MDE already.

In the case of a room for two for four nights and two two day non-upgradable tickets it is better for one person to use both existing tickets and the other person to buy a new four day ticket.

But even if the tickets could be upgraded, the upgrade would have to be performed upon arrival in which case fastpasses can be booked in advance only for two days. Whereas additional ticket(s) can be purchased in advance and fastpasses can be booked almost immediately after the purchase.

Last edited:

We have been gifted a handful of tickets by a Disney owned company employee and we were told they could not be upgraded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter