• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ticketed character meets?

We're setting sail on 10/1 on the Wonder. I've been reading recently about several ticketed meet and greets- Frozen, Princess gathering and Disney Junior. Has anyone NOT been able to get tickets to any of these meet and greets? I understand you typically have to pick up tickets on the first day at designated area. I'm just wondering if I need to hightail it straight there as soon as we board or if we can leisurely enjoy the boarding process without acting like it's rope drop at MK :) ?? We will actually be at MK for two days before and I was looking forward to the more relaxed pace of the cruise! Not have to rush trying to get tickets for anything!

Thanks!!

I just sailed on the Dream this month and loved the fact that the Disney Jr & Princesses were ticketed. It made everything go SO much smoother and didn't have to spend 30+ minutes in line. My son also got to interact with Jake & Doc a little more than the Fab 5. I did go and get my tickets as soon as we boarded & it took all of 10 minutes and it was out of the way. We didn't have Frozen (darn it) but I would def have wanted a ticket on that one. No worries about the line being cut off and not meeting them! With that said I would go ahead & just get that done once you board (or whenever they have it listed in the Navigator). Have a GREAT cruise! princess:

We had good luck getting tickets as there were plenty available when we got on board for Anna and Elsa and also the princess greeting. It worked out well and we got the times we wanted with no problems.

The day of the princess greeting, there were people trying to get in the line without tickets and at least one family who was very vocally upset was let in the line. I felt bad for the CMs who were policing the line. But otherwise, what a pleasure to not have to queue for an hour plus for these greetings .

Are they held in open areas like the Atrium? It seemed to be a much better idea to have them in the Studio Sea area where those who didn't have tickets wouldn't see them out and have the kids upset that they couldn't get in line then.

lbgraves said:
Are they held in open areas like the Atrium? It seemed to be a much better idea to have them in the Studio Sea area where those who didn't have tickets wouldn't see them out and have the kids upset that they couldn't get in line then.

Anna and Elsa were in Animator's Palette. The princesses were in the atrium.

I agree, there were some upset people and that one family, the dad was visibly angry with raised voices. Maybe with the princesses they can each get their own backdrop like Anna and Elsa and have them somewhere offstage. They did have Cinderella walking around for those without tickets to meet.

Why couldn't they just provide every cruiser with a ticket (they could put them in the cabins before 1:30 on embarkation day), with staggering times to meet the characters?

Wouldn't this help with cruisers who do not know to look at the navigator or even know that there is a ticketed event.

I don't get the hullabaloo for the princess gathering. Ours wasn't ticketed and lines were an hour+ long. We said no thanks, and showed up 5 mins early to each individual princess meet and were always first in line. At 'sea ya real soon' there were never more then 3-4 people in front of us for any characters, we saw 11 characters in 15 mins including 3 princesses. I get wanting to knock them all out in one pass, but it was hardly a struggle to see them at other times. It's not like Anna and elsa when you either get tickets or don't see them.

KBinCO said:
I don't get the hullabaloo for the princess gathering. Ours wasn't ticketed and lines were an hour+ long. We said no thanks, and showed up 5 mins early to each individual princess meet and were always first in line. At 'sea ya real soon' there were never more then 3-4 people in front of us for any characters, we saw 11 characters in 15 mins including 3 princesses. I get wanting to knock them all out in one pass, but it was hardly a struggle to see them at other times. It's not like Anna and elsa when you either get tickets or don't see them.

For me it's a convenient way to knock them all out in one pass so to speak, to free up other times on the ship. My kids are aging out of the princess greeting anyway so fortunately it won't be an issue for us much longer!

We showed up about 15 min early for other characters we wanted to see and were usually in the first 20 people or so. The Wonder was nice because the crowds were smaller. Jack Skellington was the longest line.

See ya real soon had 11 characters?? What is that.. show or character greet? It sounds like something to end the cruise but we must have missed out.

See ya real soon had 11 characters?? What is that.. show or character greet? It sounds like something to end the cruise but we must have missed out.

It was characters in the atrium for meets before a goodbye song and dance. No photographers but you could take your own pics or give the handlers the cameras. We didn't see all of them but got to Mickey, Minnie, Donald, daisy, Pluto, Cinderella, tiana, belle, chip & dale, and goofy before they got swept away for their song. We were literally hopping from character to character with almost no lines.

This was the earlier time. WE got back from CC, showered, and went right over.

This sounds like a great way to keep the lines down and little ones less fidgety if they've had to wait an age to see their favourite character! :thumbsup2

Why couldn't they just provide every cruiser with a ticket (they could put them in the cabins before 1:30 on embarkation day), with staggering times to meet the characters?

Wouldn't this help with cruisers who do not know to look at the navigator or even know that there is a ticketed event.

It would be physically impossible to give "every cruiser" a time to meet every character. There wouldn't be enough time. The only reason character meets work is because people only see the characters they want to see. My parents don't stand online to meet characters unless I send them with my kids. I'm sure there are PLENTY of other people who don't either. If I only had boys I wouldn't need to bother with the Princesses and in another couple of years my kids won't care about the Disney Junior characters.

we haven't cruised since these ticketed events have started. Does anyone know if the concierge can get the tickets or if concierge guests also have to go collecting the tickets?

we haven't cruised since these ticketed events have started. Does anyone know if the concierge can get the tickets or if concierge guests also have to go collecting the tickets?

Someone posted that concierge was not able to get tickets for them.

Christy Peters hope you read this. Something else to add to the checklist!

Last week concierge on the Fantasy was getting tickets and even asking during the initial orientation if we needed tickets.

We did see a very long line stretching down from the atrium past the Royal Palace doors (in the hallway) just to get the tickets about 4:00 the same day.

How early did you have to go pick up the tickets for the Frozen meet and greets and where did you go to get them?
Thanks!

Sailed on Wonder 9/26. Concierge provided us with tickets. Others were to pick tickets up at Guest Services. On the Wonder, we met Elsa/Anna in Animator's Pallette and Princess's in Atrium Lobby.

theJKs said:
How early did you have to go pick up the tickets for the Frozen meet and greets and where did you go to get them?
Thanks!

On the Wonder we picked them up at Port Adventures as soon as we boarded, 11:30ish. They had plenty. The Navigator will tell you where to get them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter