Tickets from Undercover Travel or Disney UK?

ABJrGuy

Earning My Ears
I will be going to Disney World from Ohio in early December, and have the hotel side taken care of. (DVC--first stay!).

I'm looking at buying tickets for the parks, and need 7-day Park Hopper+ tickets. I will happen to be staying in the UK for a couple of weeks in September (Boris Johnson so willing), as well as in the EU for a month thereafter, and so I could buy the tickets from Disney at the UK promotional price, which even with the current high price of the pound is $90 less than the US price for the exact same ticket. The price from UT is just $15 more than the UK deal, and would be a completely domestic transaction that I could do now, or in August or even September. Any thoughts on whether buying an overseas ticket is advisable, or is UT really the better bet?

(Yes, I'm aware that travel to the UK and to some parts of Europe is still not fully advisable, and that the rules are changing daily. I'm fully vaccinated and all. This is an academic research trip that has been delayed for various reasons for two years, and must be undertaken this Fall or delayed another two years into the future.)

I will be going to Disney World from Ohio in early December, and have the hotel side taken care of. (DVC--first stay!).

I'm looking at buying tickets for the parks, and need 7-day Park Hopper+ tickets. I will happen to be staying in the UK for a couple of weeks in September (Boris Johnson so willing), as well as in the EU for a month thereafter, and so I could buy the tickets from Disney at the UK promotional price, which even with the current high price of the pound is $90 less than the US price for the exact same ticket. The price from UT is just $15 more than the UK deal, and would be a completely domestic transaction that I could do now, or in August or even September. Any thoughts on whether buying an overseas ticket is advisable, or is UT really the better bet?

(Yes, I'm aware that travel to the UK and to some parts of Europe is still not fully advisable, and that the rules are changing daily. I'm fully vaccinated and all. This is an academic research trip that has been delayed for various reasons for two years, and must be undertaken this Fall or delayed another two years into the future.)
If you can I would buy the U.K. tickets. They usually offer 14 days for the price of 7 and include memory maker. £439 at the moment for 14 day for the price of 7 park hoppers with memory maker.

I was told by the cast member who changed a recent reservation that to use our UK tickets we would need to prove UK citizenship/residency at the gates.

I don't know if this actually happens, but she said it could, even if we have them linked to MDE, we might have to show to get them activated.

I was told by the cast member who changed a recent reservation that to use our UK tickets we would need to prove UK citizenship/residency at the gates.

I don't know if this actually happens, but she said it could, even if we have them linked to MDE, we might have to show to get them activated.
That makes sense, since Florida residents have to prove residency and DVC members have to prove ownership before first use of discounted APs.

I've used the UK ticket in the past and was hoping to purchase again soon. I'm concerned hearing about the need for proof of UK residency. Has this happened to anybody?

I know as a Canadian, when we have gotten the Canadian discount tickets before, we had to show our passports as proof of citizenship before we entered our first park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter