Tickets & Magic Bands

Porsche4

Mouseketeer
The first week of December we are staying onsite for 9 nights and have tickets for 7 days in the parks (1 x 2 Day NON Park Hopper and 1 x 5 Day Park Hopper). We are going to buy Magic Bands on our arrival day and would like to use those to access the parks but I just want to know if my thinking is correct. Obviously with the MB you don't have the option to choose which ticket you want to use on what day so I am thinking that for our first two days we should go through the turnstiles using our phones and choose the NON Park Hopper tickets and then as they will be all used up we can then just use our MB's for the next five days access. Does that sound the best way to do it?

The first week of December we are staying onsite for 9 nights and have tickets for 7 days in the parks (1 x 2 Day NON Park Hopper and 1 x 5 Day Park Hopper). We are going to buy Magic Bands on our arrival day and would like to use those to access the parks but I just want to know if my thinking is correct. Obviously with the MB you don't have the option to choose which ticket you want to use on what day so I am thinking that for our first two days we should go through the turnstiles using our phones and choose the NON Park Hopper tickets and then as they will be all used up we can then just use our MB's for the next five days access. Does that sound the best way to do it?

I've never had multiple day tickets across one stay so I miiiiiiight be wrong here, but at Disneyland you can assign which ticket you want to use to your MagicBand+. So you would just assign it in the app and then unassign it when you want to switch tickets and assign it to the other ticket.

I was able to do this with my Magic Key and Oogie Boogie Bash ticket last year and it was not a problem at all. (I know it's different at WDW though, since the band is attached to the person and not the ticket.) Hopefully, someone has done what you're looking to do can chime in with help though!

I've never had multiple day tickets across one stay so I miiiiiiight be wrong here, but at Disneyland you can assign which ticket you want to use to your MagicBand+. So you would just assign it in the app and then unassign it when you want to switch tickets and assign it to the other ticket.

I was able to do this with my Magic Key and Oogie Boogie Bash ticket last year and it was not a problem at all. (I know it's different at WDW though, since the band is attached to the person and not the ticket.) Hopefully, someone has done what you're looking to do can chime in with help though!
Oh that would make sense I wasn't thinking outside the box, so hopefully when we first arrive we could assign our NON PH tickets for our first two days and then once they are used take them off and assign the PH tickets for the next 5 days. That sounds like a plan. Thanks for the thought.

Wouldn't the tickets be attached to your daily reservations? So when you tap your magic band that ticket would be the one used??

Wouldn't the tickets be attached to your daily reservations? So when you tap your magic band that ticket would be the one used??
Mmmm good point, I would hope the system would be clever enough to do that but I never completely trust technology and I don't want to have to waste half of my EE time at guest services trying to sort things out. Hopefully maybe someone on these boards has had personal experience with this and can chime in. Thanks for your input.

Dlr. Reservations are attached to the ticket . Mb+ can be manually attached to a ticket and then swapped out.

My.recommendation would be to scan the actual ticket Instead of tapping in just to make sure the right ticket is deducted that day. Otherwise it'll be a pita time wasted at city hall during holidays.

Dlr. Reservations are attached to the ticket . Mb+ can be manually attached to a ticket and then swapped out.

My.recommendation would be to scan the actual ticket Instead of tapping in just to make sure the right ticket is deducted that day. Otherwise it'll be a pita time wasted at city hall during holidays.
That was the other thing I was thinking if just for those first two days we scan the NON PH tickets and then link the PK 5 day tickets to our Magic Bands after the two days have passed and then we can use MB for the next 5 days. I think it will be better to be safe than sorry and to waste time.

MB+ attaches to only one ticket at a time so there's zero risk of scanning the wrong ticket. Especially since tickets and reservations are connected at DLR, not accounts and reservations. Even if you assigned the wrong ticket to the MB+, it wouldn't work anyway without a corresponding reservation.

I regularly switch around my MB+s for friends to use so I've seen firsthand they're only attached to one ticket at a time.

MB+ functions differently at DLR vs WDW. To the point that unlike WDW, we can change MB+ between accounts, not just tickets.

From the MB+ page in the app:

1000005152.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter