• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tickets sold out? What can we do??

youknowscott

WDW fan father of four with a Fantastic wife!
We’re planning a last-minute trip and all WDW park tickets are sold out for the day we want next week! Any suggestions on how to find tickets?

Make a non Disney plan B if you can't get reservations. SeaWorld for example is great. Waterparks are fun. You could do a WDW one, Aquatica is nice and an inexpensive add on to SeaWorld, and I haven't been but have heard that Volcano Bay (Universal's new Water Park is amazing). I don't know if you'd have any interest in Universal / Island of Adventure parks. I think they are going to be super crowded next week, but their parks might be a possibility. I like day trips to the beach (Clearwater - about two hours, Coco about one). Kennedy Space Center is really well done -- loved it even though I'm not a big Space Enthusiast, and it is about an hour away.

I was surprised to see the parks sold out too. I made advanced reservations for the WDW parks for spring break though, and now other family members who thought that was unnecessary are really glad I did. They thought it was a bad idea in case someone couldn't make it last minute. I told them I'd rather know for sure someone could get in and that totally unused tickets could be re-assigned to someone else and that I'd gladly do another trip and use them some time.

Last edited:

Move the money that you would spend on tickets over to your hotel budget. Stay at a deluxe resort. Go to spas or golf. Water Parks, Disney Springs.

There are usually reservations available at EPOCT. I do see four days next week that are totally booked due to Spring Break. Is that what you are looking at? A last minute trip during a major holiday will have these issues, but there is still fun to be had.

Go to Universal, stay in a resort that gets free express pass (because it's gonna be super crowded there too if Disney is sold out), enjoy the Universal parks, and go to Typhoon Lagoon one day to get a taste of Disney.

If you have time, you can also do a resort tour-- the monorail loop is nice. Park for free at Disney Springs, take the boat to either Port Orleans or Old Key West, maybe explore that resort and then take the bus to MK. Walk to Contemporary, explore the resort, visit the gift shops, go down to the docks, then take the monorail to the Poly and visit those shops, walk around, and get a Dole Whip. Walk along the water to GF, visit shops, sit down in the lobby and enjoy the ambience.Then walk to MK (or take the monorail) and get the bus back to Disney Springs. Have some lunch/dinner somewhere along the way. Not as great as a day in the parks but still a nice time!

I have heard that some can open up the same day, but that it’s hard to count on it. I personally would do discovery cove if I only had 1 park day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter