Tiffany Towncar questions

grumpyandbashful

DIS Veteran
My DH and DS will be at WDW/USE the last week of July. DH hates to drive on vacation, so they will be using Tiffany Towncar. We have never used anything but a rental car or Mears, so this is new to us!

Is there any particular driver they should request?

What is a reasonable tip? ($102 total for ride from airport to WL, then WL to Hard Rock Hotel, then from HRH to airport).

Will they have the same driver for all three rides, and if so, when is it customary to tip (beginning or end of vacation)?

Which grocery store do they normally stop at on the was to WDW?

Thanks for any info!

We use Tiffany. We have five in our family, so it ends up being much cheaper than Mears. You also go STRAIGHT to your destination, rather than stopping at 3-4 resorts (or SEVEN the last time we used Mears!! ):mad:

We have had "Jack" as our driver. He is very nice and a good driver!

We stop at Albertson's Grocery Store before going to BW. I have my list ready!
:cool:

I have used TTC twice, I tip each trip, to the hotel or back to the airport because you can not be sure you will get the same driver. In fact for the 2 times we have used TTC we have had 4 drivers.

Even though we always have Jack both ways, we tip him both times, just in case!

I've used Tiffany twice for round trips and had different drivers each time. I always tip $10 each way to/from the airport.

This is the DH who also sees not driving as part of the vaction.

On a recent trip my DW and DS (4 years old) went without me. My DW was told by their Tiffany driver to bring their bags from one termainal enterance to anonter. At MCO that's quite a hike. Imagine a mother and tiered 4 year old lugging 4 days of luggage and a car seat through MCO. My DW was NOT happy:mad: . We were later told that the driver should have brought the car around (yes he was aked and refused) and that we were assured that it would not happen again...

Well it won't. We now use Your Ride (a sponsor) and have received wonderful service.

Yikes Jackie! That is one of tha main reasons that we use a towncar service is for the assistance with luggage. I hope you complained to Tiffany about it. If they have a lazy employee, they should know about it.

I had a complaint with Tiffany last year. My driver showed up to puck us up from the airport almost 30 minutes late. They said they showed one pickup time, the driver had told us another. But it was very stressful waiting like that.

I complained to Deb at TTC and they apoligized and gave us a discount on the next trip. That trip went off without a hitch.

But I agree with you. If you are unhappy, let your money walk. I too am going to try Yourride on our next trip. I want to support the DIS sponsors whenever possible.

On most of our trips we have had Berkeley. He typically, though, drives a van. He is wonderful.

A couple of times we had another driver and it was awful. I complained to Debbie and she immediately took care of the situation. We were more than happy with her remedy on both times and she took immediate action. Even a year later she remembered and did something again.

When we arrive Berkeley greets us at the bottom of the escalator. He finds a skycab to help us with our luggage. After he is sure it is all loaded, he tells the skycab where to go and then goes to get the van (It used to be waiting there but with new rules he has to go get it.) The thing about this is we always tip the skycab and then tip Berkely...I'm not sure how anyone else handles it...we just figure it into our costs...and not having to mess with luggage is fine by me.

Berekely pulls up, loads the van and off we go to the hotel. He always remembers who we are and it is nice. At the hotel he unloads the luggage and gets it to the bell person. We tip him each trip. From the airport to the hotel -- from the hotel to the airport.

we are planning on using TTC for our upcoming trip... do yall usually request a conformation? and when do you make requests for a driver?

We used TTC on our last trip for 4 of us and were very pleased! Plan on using on our next trip for 6. Does anyone know how that works and the cost? Do you get a van? THanks. I was having trouble finding prices for larger numbers on their webside.

Thanks again, everyone! I called today and requested Berkley or Jack - was told Berkley only drives a van, but we DH and DS will "definitely" have Jack as their driver!
Hopefully it'll be a nice, relaxing way to start their trip :D

tss2: the vans are $15 more than the towncars, no matter how many ppl... our group of 7 is taking a van... (im not sure what the max. is)... so to go from the airport to Allstar Music it is costing us $90 w/ the coupon... hope this helps!

goin to ask again.. hopefully someone knows: do yall usually for a conformation??
:D

I have never gotten a formal confirmation from Tiffany. I always call the day before and confirm everything. When we left in the PM I would call that morning...just to make sure. But, we haven't had any problems.

When they drop you off they will tell you the time they will pick you up. Again, I call the day before or morning of...just to confirm. And, we have never had a problem.

You can request a driver when you make your reservation, I'm sure.

Tss2 -
We always use a van when there are five of us or more. A little more room. The van is large and has lots of room for luggage. You can also use the internet coupon with the van. Remember to ask for Berkeley...he is wonderful. And, don't forget about your grocery stop. We don't typically stop but that is us. It is a nice plus for those who eat in the room and like snacks.

This may be a stupid question but... next year we're flying down with some friends and we want to go to Universal Studios for a day. Can we arrange for Tiffany to take us there? We will be using them to take us from MCO to our hotel. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter