• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tiffin's recommendations?

J-Dog

A Nobody
This has probably been discussed before, sorry.

But if anyone cares to give a recommendation on entrees at Tiffin's, we would appreciate it.

We are not foodies, and I have studied the menu, but I don't know what most of the descriptions even mean, so I'm just hoping for experienced opinions.

I've heard that the whole fish is good...

We are not very adventurous eaters, and Tiffin's will probably be our most "exotic" ADR on our upcoming trip. But don't let that sway any opinions, please - I'm willing to try anything. I just want to know if it's be good first :earsboy:.

Thanks!

This has probably been discussed before, sorry.

But if anyone cares to give a recommendation on entrees at Tiffin's, we would appreciate it.

We are not foodies, and I have studied the menu, but I don't know what most of the descriptions even mean, so I'm just hoping for experienced opinions.

I've heard that the whole fish is good...

We are not very adventurous eaters, and Tiffin's will probably be our most "exotic" ADR on our upcoming trip. But don't let that sway any opinions, please - I'm willing to try anything. I just want to know if it's be good first :earsboy:.

Thanks!

I really enjoy Tiffins. I loved the menu when it first opened more than I like the menu now, but it's still a good spot in my opinion. It's certainly not the most expansive menu on property so your options are somewhat limited.

For apps, we've enjoyed the Signature Bread Service, Spiced Chickpea Falafel, and Mushroom Soup. The Charred Octopus is good and not something you can find at many places, but it's sort of "out there" on the texture scale and not for everyone.

For entrees, the Wagyu steak has pretty much been on the menu in some shape/form since the beginning and that has been my go to. I believe the current menu has it as a Surf and Turf, so the steak and a lobster tail.

I had the Pan-Seared Alaskan Halibut on our last visit in May and thought it was a solid choice.

My wife had the Butter Chicken last time and seemed to enjoy it.

I've always wanted to try the Whole-Fried fish as you hear such good things about it, but bone-in fish just isn't my thing so I've steered clear. Maybe someday.

Depending on your appetitie level you may want to get at least one of the "Enhancements" (sides). I had the Roasted Brusses Sprouts in May and they were tasty. I haven't had the Lobster Mac & Cheese but have always wondered if any mac & cheese could possibly be worth $21. 8-)

Nothing else on the current menu really calls to me all that much, so I've tended to stick to the above.

Also my bit of unsolicited advice... if you're just not feeling the Tiffins menu at the time, don't forget about Nomad Lounge next door. The small plates (in my opinion) are very good (especially the Beef Sliders, Vegetarian Sliders, Chicken Satay, Tuna Poke Bowl) and it can easily be a meal for some appetites.

Enjoy your trip!

I really enjoy Tiffins. I loved the menu when it first opened more than I like the menu now, but it's still a good spot in my opinion. It's certainly not the most expansive menu on property so your options are somewhat limited.

For apps, we've enjoyed the Signature Bread Service, Spiced Chickpea Falafel, and Mushroom Soup. The Charred Octopus is good and not something you can find at many places, but it's sort of "out there" on the texture scale and not for everyone.

For entrees, the Wagyu steak has pretty much been on the menu in some shape/form since the beginning and that has been my go to. I believe the current menu has it as a Surf and Turf, so the steak and a lobster tail.

I had the Pan-Seared Alaskan Halibut on our last visit in May and thought it was a solid choice.

My wife had the Butter Chicken last time and seemed to enjoy it.

I've always wanted to try the Whole-Fried fish as you hear such good things about it, but bone-in fish just isn't my thing so I've always steered clear. Maybe someday.

Depending on your appetitie level you may want to get at least one of the "Enhancements" (sides). I had the Roasted Brusses Sprouts in May and they were tasty. I haven't had the Lobster Mac & Cheese but have always wondered if any mac & cheese could possibly be worth $21. 8-)

Nothing else on the current menu really calls to me all that much, so I've tended to stick to the above.

Also my bit of unsolicited advice... if you're just not feeling the Tiffins menu at the time, don't forget about Nomad Lounge next door. The small plates (in my opinion) are very good (especially the Beef Sliders, Vegetarian Sliders, Chicken Satay, Tuna Poke Bowl) and it can easily be a meal for some appetites.

Enjoy your trip!

Thanks so much for the excellent advice!

I will also probably go for the steak, as that's usually a safe bet. And thanks for the advice about the Enhancements.

The pork belly also sounds good - but I have no idea what a "sadza" is. Along those lines, I don't know what "Baharat", "Chermoula", "Chakalaka" are...

Thanks again!

The pork belly also sounds good - but I have no idea what a "sadza" is. Along those lines, I don't know what "Baharat", "Chermoula", "Chakalaka" are...

HAHA! While I mean all due respect to the culinary staff... to me their menu descriptions are overly fancy and complicated just for the sake of being overly fancy and complicated. I don't consider myself a 'foodie' so just tend to ignore those words.

The Halibut comes with "Haricot Verts" - which is code name for thin green beans. Thin green beans!!!! And there are only like 3 of them. That's one of the reasons why I mention you may want to consider a side/enhancement. The various fancy-worded things that come plated with the entrees are generally on the small side.

We had a great meal at Tiffins in May with The Lion King package (that I highly recommend!). I thought it was a great deal--a three course dinner with welcome sparkling wine, VIP seating at FOTLK, and a private safari ride. I think the cost of the package was on par with the cost of the meal. The VIP seating at FOTLK was a great experience. Overall, the package was really fun and the food was great. We had previously had a not-so-good meal at Tiffins in December 2017, so we weren't really rushing back, but this meal completely redeemed the place for me. We are huge fans of Nomad Lounge, though, so it was probably inevitable that we'd try Tiffins again.

I had the surf and turf, DH had the Tamarind Short Ribs, friends had the surf and turf and shrimp and grits. All dishes were well prepared. The steak was really tasty, so if you like lobster, the surf and turf would be a great choice. The duo of appetizer was tasty--everyone raves about the octopus, and they are right, if you like octopus. The desserts weren't all of our favorites--they are all unique-- but we were also so stuffed at that point. I'd note that my friend thought the Guava Mousse had a funny flavor. I had the chocolate nibs and cartelized banana and it was definitely yummy.

I've had the whole fried fish at Tiffins and at Skipper Canteen and enjoyed both. I think they were pretty much the same fish at both places, a lot less expensive at Skipper Canteen, so that might be the place to try it!

Hope you have a wonderful meal!

Last edited:
I like looking at the menus and pictures of the food to help decide where I want to eat at Disney. In my signature below, you will find a link to my restaurant trip report from the end of January ( am too lazy to copy and paste the pictures here). On the first page I have pictures of our meal at Tiffins. The pictures will give you an idea of portion size and if they look "too adventurous" for your palate. I got the short rib while my friend got the Waygu Beef and Lobster, both of which I think appeal to a non-foodie palate. I have been there twice and have reservations for two future trips. Clearly I like it. ;)

We loved it a lot more than we thought we would. I had the halibut and it was so good. So good, I’m fact, that I’d have a hard time ordering anything else. My husband had the corn sadza and pork belly. It was basically thick bacon and a corn cake with a bunch of sautéed veggies. He did mention that the veggies had a bit of a kick to them, but not too bad. The atmosphere is amazing in there too.

I had the short rib, which was really good, but not as awesome as the Wagyu beef dish it replaced. My sister had the surf and turf and loved it. She's not usually big on lobster, but the chimichurri butter on it made it delicious (I don't usually eat seafood at all, but I tried a bite and liked it).

For appetizers, the charcuterie board has always been good.

Thanks so much for all the help!

elsbit - great pics and that helps a lot.

Surf and turf is great and so is the lobster Mac and cheese. The lobster Mac and cheese has a substantial amount of lobster in it which is why it’s $21. It actually seemed like more lobster than the lobster tail in the surf and turf.

We prefer Nomad, but the one time we went to Tiffins DH got the Wagyu and I got the whole fish, his was good but mine was excellent (we both agreed and ended up sharing both).

I had the short rib, which was really good, but not as awesome as the Wagyu beef dish it replaced.

I think you can still get just the Wagyu beef without getting the lobster too. It's not shown on the online menu, but I remember one of the items on the menu (I think the short rib), that said you could substitute Wagyu beef instead for a certain price that came in less than the Surf and Turf.

That said, if you're going to Tiffens and are ordering enough there, the FOTLK package is almost a no-brainer. I know for a fact that if we'd ordered everything individually, it would have priced out higher than what we paid. (Specifically for me, bread service $11, Surf and Turf $65, Chocolate Ganache $12, plus the glass of wine, which was something like $14?). If you're not getting the surf and turf, you probably won't quite hit that $99, but still, with the rest of the package it's a pretty good deal.

The Rivers of Light package can also be a great deal. $68 for adults (appetizer, entree, dessert) and you can get the surf and turf.

We did RoL package there, and absolutely loved it! My family is not that adventurous when it comes to food, so I was a little worried about this meal, but everyone loved their food. I got the Wagyu beef, (very good!), I think DS (then 19) got lamb (i think it was there - would have to check my trip info), and DD (then 12) got the whole sustainable fish. Somehow, I overlooked the "whole" part, and when it came out, she had to have our server cut the head off for her, lol! But it really was wonderful and she ate every bit (I had to bribe her to get her to let me try a bite!) There was a sauce with it that I just wanted to cover everything in! (And I'm not even that big on fish, especially with bones, but it was worth it!)

We sprung for the bread service to start (I don't love paying that much for bread service, but it was a special dinner and the spreads served with it were delicious. especially the fig tapenade).

One thing you must try even if not an adventurous eater is the Gobi Manchurian. YUM! It's crispy fried cauliflower covered in this manchurian sauce which is to die for. We ordered it as an app (its under the "enhancements" section) and I had to stop myself from ordering more. I could have gobbled down a whole plate of them. I can taste it now just thinking about it! From that same enhancements section, we also ordered the charred brussel sprouts as an app which were yummy too.

As for mains, it looks like most of the preparations have been altered since I last ate there. So I can't truly speak to the current versions. But I ordered the braised lamb (something I never eat, but thought Id try it) and it was incredibly flavorful. Others in my party raved about the Short Rib, Pork Belly, and Alaskan Halibut (again with different preparations/sides than currently offered).

I will add: the servers here are very good at describing the menu. If you cannot picture how something tastes or what the consistency would be like, just ask. It seems they are very used to being asked these questions since the menu makes everything sound exotic (generally they sound more exotic than they actually are, but maybe that's just me).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter