• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tim Tracker-why exactly did...

It is probably a combination of both. Some people reported them. Disney was working on remodelling their influencer marketing. If you have start to make a list of who is in and who is out, you need some criteria. One criteria can be: No controversies over sensitive topics.
Maybe WDW is looking primarily for content that provides a great deal of current information and updates on their products.
J&T seem to be headed to more of a family life blog with visits to the parks.
Both types of vloggers will find audiences.

Maybe WDW is looking primarily for content that provides a great deal of current information and updates on their products.
J&T seem to be headed to more of a family life blog with visits to the parks.
Both types of vloggers will find audiences.
Yes, but those are two different things. It is not about having an audience, but the right audience.

As someone pointed out in the other thread, Tim Tracker probably attracts an audience that is already loyal to Disney. There is not much more to gain for Disney from that audience.
If a different influencer attracts an audience Disney doesn't have yet, or want more of, then that is a good reason to say, 'Tim Tracker out, Youtuber X in'.

I think it is likely Disney will look for influencers who are not 100% Disney focussed. Influencers in a completely different area, with an audience that doesn't go or not go often to Disney.

Yes, but those are two different things. It is not about having an audience, but the right audience.

As someone pointed out in the other thread, Tim Tracker probably attracts an audience that is already loyal to Disney. There is not much more to gain for Disney from that audience.
If a different influencer attracts an audience Disney doesn't have yet, or want more of, then that is a good reason to say, 'Tim Tracker out, Youtuber X in'.

I think it is likely Disney will look for influencers who are not 100% Disney focussed. Influencers in a completely different area, with an audience that doesn't go or not go often to Disney.
Except J&T don't provide the kind of regular fresh content many park goers want now.
That's why the newer (often) younger vloggers who are in the parks frequently have the inside edge. They are keeping up with all the latest WDW news and changes and sharing them with their viewers.

They said their perspective is that Disney at least, is overhauling their media list and one thing they are doing it actively seek out diverse and minority bloggers that can introduce them to other communities. He said that many of the recent folks left off the list are your couples, husband and wife Disney duos that may have a following, but doing the same old same old AND their viewers are already park guests. They don't need any PR from these folks, and they aren't bringing any new perspectives to the business. They were quite pleased at a recent event they attended to see all the different folks that were there, fresh faces. With Disney really pushing their inclusivity, I can certainly see them making a move towards a different PR model.

I know that this is just that individual’s perspective but I think they may be right. If I knew that this was true then I would never go back to Disney, watch another Disney movie, or buy another Disney product. I’m all for being inclusive. A lot of people say that but I truly mean it but excluding the Trackers because they are a white heterosexual couple is just as bad as excluding any other couple for their race and sexual preference. If Disney feels like they have too many white heterosexual couples coming to the parks and buying their products then I know more than a few who will be happy to stop supporting their brand.

Almost all the vloggers can be quite painful to watch at times and some I switch off within seconds. Lack of knowledge, loud, long-winded, hats on in restaurants, waving cutlery around, speaking whilst chewing. And once they become recognised by CMs how can the reviews be ‘normal’. The service they receive is not going to be what you or I receive. I have enjoyed the WDW couple and Mr Morrow (?) bar crawls and I enjoy the Dis food reviews. Many of the food reviewers seem to limit their descriptions to ‘amazing’ and there are only so many of those I can cope with. I think AJ/DFB know their market and play to it. Touring Plans are niche but excel at what they do best. Their rope drop vlogs and the recent ‘is genie plus worth it’ blogs for each park are outstanding. The Trackers are some of the least painful and I envisage that with a toddler their market will change and develop.

I know that this is just that individual’s perspective but I think they may be right. If I knew that this was true then I would never go back to Disney, watch another Disney movie, or buy another Disney product. I’m all for being inclusive. A lot of people say that but I truly mean it but excluding the Trackers because they are a white heterosexual couple is just as bad as excluding any other couple for their race and sexual preference. If Disney feels like they have too many white heterosexual couples coming to the parks and buying their products then I know more than a few who will be happy to stop supporting their brand.

So because they are diversifying their marketing plan, you won't go back? Why is Disney required to include this vlogger or that vlogger? They can't work with unlimited people, they are working with people who will help them grow their audience. Their list is always has been and will be fluid, some don't make the list, some stay on the list, some are new to the list .... it is all about marketing to target audiences.

To say the Disney feels too many "white heterosexual couples" are coming to the park is a stretch of an assumption. What it is more like is Disney would like to expand upon their market ... and looking for vloggers that can do that. It's smart business.

And if Disney loses some customers because they don't like the diversity of the advertising ... there will be others to fill those spots.

it is all about marketing to target audiences

FWIW, we have diversity in our immediate family and in our extended family. We support businesses that are inclusive. However, I won’t support a business that excludes people based on their race and sexual preference….even if that means that they are excluding white heterosexual couples. I’m not sure what they are doing in regards to the Trackers but, if it‘s true that Disney is willing to exclude ANYONE for these reasons then I won’t support them. We may never know…but if that’s what they are doing, IMO, excluding a white couple is just as bad as excluding a couple of another race.

IMO, the Trackers have gotten Disney a lot of business. I know that my family has watched their videos and spent lots of money based on their reviews of different things like after hours events. There are people who don’t like the Trackers but I’m sure that’s true of all vloggers. I have never seen Tim and Jen in the parks and I certainly don’t know them but I’ve watched a lot of their videos.

Also, I have adopted a child of another race, I pay for the education of a child in another country, and I’d do anything that I could to help that family come to the US. I’m all for diversity but exclusion is exclusion and it’s wrong in all circumstances.

FWIW, we have diversity in our immediate family and in our extended family. We support businesses that are inclusive. However, I won’t support a business that excludes people based on their race and sexual preference….even if that means that they are excluding white heterosexual couples. I’m not sure what they are doing in regards to the Trackers but, if it‘s true that Disney is willing to exclude ANYONE for these reasons then I won’t support them. We may never know…but if that’s what they are doing, IMO, excluding a white couple is just as bad as excluding a couple of another race.

IMO, the Trackers have gotten Disney a lot of business. I know that my family has watched their videos and spent lots of money based on their reviews of different things like after hours events. There are people who don’t like the Trackers but I’m sure that’s true of all vloggers. I have never seen Tim and Jen in the parks and I certainly don’t know them but I’ve watched a lot of their videos.

Also, I have adopted a child of another race, I pay for the education of a child in another country, and I’d do anything that I could to help that family come to the US. I’m all for diversity but exclusion is exclusion and it’s wrong in all circumstances.
So the marketing throughout the pandemic and before it hasn't captured your attention or that of the white heterosexual couples you know but somehow a thread on the Disney board about a thought into possibly why The Tim Tracker and other vloggers are off and others are on has? And how does any of that, if it were true, mean they are excluding people? I'm fairly certain I've seen no such exclusion of white heterosexual couples at Disney, am I misinformed?

So the marketing throughout the pandemic and before it hasn't captured your attention or that of the white heterosexual couples you know but somehow a thread on the Disney board about a thought into possibly why The Tim Tracker and other vloggers are off and others are on has? And how does any of that, if it were true, mean they are excluding people? I'm fairly certain I've seen no such exclusion of white heterosexual couples at Disney, am I misinformed?

If what I quoted in my earliest response on this thread is true….and I don’t know if it is or not because I just quoted something that another poster wrote on this thread….then I feel that what are doing is wrong. I feel that way for a couple of reasons. First, it’s wrong to exclude anyone. Second, IMO, Disney isn’t being true to those who supported them in the past. If they want to have a more diverse group that’s wonderful but don’t exclude someone else to do it. It’s not as if Disney is limited in any way. They have plenty of opportunities to include whoever they want.

To answer your question as to how does this mean that they are excluding people, the quote that I responded to said that Disney was actively seeking out diverse and minority vloggers. That’s wonderful but IF Tim and Jen were excluded because they weren’t a diverse couple or part of a minority group doesn’t that imply that that they were excluded because they are white and heterosexual. Aren’t those just two ways of saying the same thing?

Anyway, I don’t feel strongly enough about it to spend a lot of time disagreeing with others here. Those who support what Disney is doing should go to Disney. Those who don’t support it should vacation elsewhere.

That’s wonderful but IF Tim and Jen were excluded because they weren’t a diverse couple or part of a minority group doesn’t that imply that that they were excluded because they are white and heterosexual. Aren’t those just two ways of saying the same thing?
No it's not at least to me. But if you're of that opinion why would you feel it's right for Disney to only have white heterosexual couples? Wouldn't that be exclusion just the opposite?

If what I quoted in my earliest response on this thread is true….and I don’t know if it is or not because I just quoted something that another poster wrote on this thread….then I feel that what are doing is wrong. I feel that way for a couple of reasons. First, it’s wrong to exclude anyone. Second, IMO, Disney isn’t being true to those who supported them in the past. If they want to have a more diverse group that’s wonderful but don’t exclude someone else to do it. It’s not as if Disney is limited in any way. They have plenty of opportunities to include whoever they want.

To answer your question as to how does this mean that they are excluding people, the quote that I responded to said that Disney was actively seeking out diverse and minority vloggers. That’s wonderful but IF Tim and Jen were excluded because they weren’t a diverse couple or part of a minority group doesn’t that imply that that they were excluded because they are white and heterosexual. Aren’t those just two ways of saying the same thing?

Anyway, I don’t feel strongly enough about it to spend a lot of time disagreeing with others here. Those who support what Disney is doing should go to Disney. Those who don’t support it should vacation elsewhere.
I think there are a number of assumptions in your post.
The good thing is you get to choose where you spend your vacation budget.

The contributors of a site called Tattle have gloatingly said that they are the ones who mounted a campaign to have the Trackers 'cancelled' by Disney. They are now dedicating their time to having TT's videos removed from TicTok and c reading problems for them on Reddit. Some of the things they have said about Jen in particular are vile.

No it's not at least to me. But if you're of that opinion why would you feel it's right for Disney to only have white heterosexual couples? Wouldn't that be exclusion just the opposite?

I don’t think that they should only have white heterosexual couples as vloggers. I never said or implied that I did. I think they should be inclusive of all groups.

I think there are a number of assumptions in your post.
The good thing is you get to choose where you spend your vacation budget.

I agree with both of your statements. I did make assumptions based on what I read on another post on this thread and I said that if those things are true then I think Disney is doing the wrong thing. I also agree that it’s great that we all get to choose where to spend our vacation dollars.

The contributors of a site called Tattle have gloatingly said that they are the ones who mounted a campaign to have the Trackers 'cancelled' by Disney. They are now dedicating their time to having TT's videos removed from TicTok and c reading problems for them on Reddit. Some of the things they have said about Jen in particular are vile.

Is there anything that can be done to help Tim and Jen?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter