• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tim Tracker-why exactly did...

I don’t think that they should only have white heterosexual couples as vloggers. I never said or implied that I did. I think they should be inclusive of all groups.
But isn't that what they are doing? I see no indication that Disney would bar anyone on the basis of their skin color or sexual orientation. You seem to view if new vloggers who are of a more diverse background are brought in it means they are taking an exclusionary stance specifically towards white or heterosexual couples. Perhaps that's an older way of viewing what inclusion means. Younger generations don't tend to think that way. I certainly don't view inclusion to mean Disney has said "nope no more white people no more heterosexual couples" not in who their guests are and def. not in who they give permission to be a part of their media.

If Disney knew what the people who are reporting them are actually like, I don't think that they would be so responsive but as those people so gleefully said, they have multiple reddit/tiktok/email/fb accounts and just switch between them. I've never looked at such a site so completely full of trolls and misogynists.

I am subscribed to the Trackers YouTube channel. (I did not know that they had made homophobic statements though; I may unsubscribe now...)

I don't want their content as much as I used to, because frankly, there are just better Disney YTs out there. I almost exclusively watch All Ears' channel now. Its great content with actual good parks advice and super entertaining. Frankly, I don't get why they don't get more love on the Disboards. (Maybe I need to make an appreciation post...)

While their main host, Molly, is a white woman (which I don't have a problem with, because I am too!), I know that they have POC and LGBTQ folks on their staff.

But isn't that what they are doing? I see no indication that Disney would bar anyone on the basis of their skin color or sexual orientation. You seem to view if new vloggers who are of a more diverse background are brought in it means they are taking an exclusionary stance specifically towards white or heterosexual couples. Perhaps that's an older way of viewing what inclusion means. Younger generations don't tend to think that way. I certainly don't view inclusion to mean Disney has said "nope no more white people no more heterosexual couples" not in who their guests are and def. not in who they give permission to be a part of their media.

The post that I was was responding to was from earlier in this thread. The way that I interpreted the post was that Disney basically said “we already have enough white folks, ditch Tim and Jen and bring in a more diverse vlogger”. Now, I understand that this was just someone’s speculation about what is happening. All I’m saying is that IF that speculation is true then I feel that it’s the wrong thing to do. IMO, they should keep Jen and Tim AND bring in more vloggers BUT I don’t think that they should exclude them just because they are white and heterosexual. If Jen and Tim were Hispanic and Disney said “we already have enough Hispanic support so let’s ditch them and bring in a white couple” then that would be wrong too. And, that’s just my opinion. I respect others who view it differently.

The post that I was was responding to was from earlier in this thread. The way that I interpreted the post was that Disney basically said “we already have enough white folks, ditch Tim and Jen and bring in a more diverse vlogger”. Now, I understand that this was just someone’s speculation about what is happening. All I’m saying is that IF that speculation is true then I feel that it’s the wrong thing to do. IMO, they should keep Jen and Tim AND bring in more vloggers BUT I don’t think that they should exclude them just because they are white and heterosexual. If Jen and Tim were Hispanic and Disney said “we already have enough Hispanic support so let’s ditch them and bring in a white couple” then that would be wrong too. And, that’s just my opinion. I respect others who view it differently.
I guess what I'm trying to get at is why would bringing in others mean they are specifically excluding white people or heterosexual couples? By saying we have enough of this, even if they did say that, shouldn't really change someone's viewpoint if they are all for inclusion which that's what you've said that you for that, you have this and that part of your family. That's why I brought up what inclusion means. Inclusion of others does not inherently mean exclusion of others, that tends to be an older way of thinking about the changing of times. Admittedly I'm picking up on your previous comment of "IMO, Disney isn’t being true to those who supported them in the past." because in this context it means something quite differently when we're talking about someone's ethnicity or race and their sexual orientation. FWIW I appreciate your responsiveness in the discussion.

They said their perspective is that Disney at least, is overhauling their media list and one thing they are doing it actively seek out diverse and minority bloggers that can introduce them to other communities. He said that many of the recent folks left off the list are your couples, husband and wife Disney duos that may have a following, but doing the same old same old AND their viewers are already park guests. They don't need any PR from these folks

I read this to mean that they ditched Tim and Jen mainly because they were a caucasian couple. Certainly Disney should be more inclusive. They should include people from all groups just don’t purposely exclude a couple that has been covering Disney for many years based on their race.

You may read the same post that I responded to and interpret it differently.

I'm not a public person, like a vlogger, but I'd assume that someone who posts so much about their personal lives, both past and present, understands that it's more than possible past indiscretions will come to light. Maybe they forgot about these videos in question, maybe they didn't. But....after watching these past posts, ESPECIALLY by Jen, I can see why Disney would distance themselves from the Trackers, and why the Trackers were mortified that people are seeing them today. I just cannot imagine anyone even SAYING the things they did, let alone allowing someone to tape it and potentially post it.

Is there anything that can be done to help Tim and Jen?
As a person? No. All you can do is subscribe and watch their output. Don't think they have a Patreon. Unless you want to start a counter campaign.

If they are bothered about it, they have to contact Disney to dispute the claims. From there, either the claims were true or Disney said they were off the list either way.

As for other media, they have to contact them.

Interesting are Lindsay Ellis' videos on the Omegaverse author issues, where she said some things about one author and all of a sudden several of her videos were reported for indecency (or something) it took some work, but Youtube reversed the reports.

I read this to mean that they ditched Tim and Jen mainly because they were a caucasian couple. Certainly Disney should be more inclusive. They should include people from all groups just don’t purposely exclude a couple that has been covering Disney for many years based on their race.

You may read the same post that I responded to and interpret it differently.
None of that would mean they are excluding vloggers on the basis of their race or ethnicity or sexual orientation. I'm going to chalk this up a different viewpoint on what inclusion means.

Disney and Universal drop him? Rumor has it a couple of other Disney bloggers kept complaining about him. If true, do you know which ones did?

i do remember coming across a Florida Resident Edit YT calling the Trackers out on how they would tell me to go to the front of the line by just renting a wheelchair and faking a disability. I was so mad as a family member of a disabled member is permanently in a chair. It's completely wrong! I am glad Disney dropped them off the media list. WHo is Florida Resident edits? I take it he's another WDW vlogger in disguise.

It truly may be just a different viewpoint. Have a great afternoon.
It is about balance. If Disney has place at their events for 10 vloggers, and at the moment they all are straight, caucasian, young couples. They cannot just create more spots to add more diverse vloggers. At some point there is a max at events or how much their communication department can handle They have to make choices.

Maybe they will keep 2, one with kids and one with kids in the most interesting age group.
I think it is likely Disney has one or more vloggers in this demographic, they won't do them away completely. At the moment we do not know (for sure) who is in and who is out.

The contributors of a site called Tattle have gloatingly said that they are the ones who mounted a campaign to have the Trackers 'cancelled' by Disney. They are now dedicating their time to having TT's videos removed from TicTok and c reading problems for them on Reddit. Some of the things they have said about Jen in particular are vile.

Apparently Jenn has said some pretty vile things herself. Why shouldn’t others call her out on it?

Just to be clear…. they haven’t been banned from Disney, they are still welcome in the parks, they are free to vlog, post on Youtube and collect the monetization payments; the only issue is that they are no longer receiving invitations to Disney media events…. correct?

Just to be clear…. they haven’t been banned from Disney, they are still welcome in the parks, they are free to vlog, post on Youtube and collect the monetization payments; the only issue is that they are no longer receiving invitations to Disney media events…. correct?
That's true. They are no longer receiving invitations to media events and getting the swag that comes along with the invitations.

i do remember coming across a Florida Resident Edit YT calling the Trackers out on how they would tell me to go to the front of the line by just renting a wheelchair and faking a disability. I was so mad as a family member of a disabled member is permanently in a chair. It's completely wrong! I am glad Disney dropped them off the media list. WHo is Florida Resident edits? I take it he's another WDW vlogger in disguise.
It was something Tim said A LONG TIME ago about MaxPass at Universal and he did not tell you or anyone to rent a wheelchair. He said the cost was less to rent a wheelchair than for the maxpass and it had some of the same quick return lines and he didn't condone it.

FL resident edits is a person who edits a lot of Disney/Universal vlogger's videos and makes fun of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter